Altberg entitlement?

Theres more than one type of boot http://defenceintranet.diif.r.mil.uk/libraries/6/Docs9/20161121.1/Section 2-5, DMC CD Footwear.pdf

though some are types ordered through medical reasons (doctors advice, then the QM will see if the description relates to current foot wear) then ordered to your specs.
I had altbergs for medical reasons - the factory measured me and made a set to fit.
They were bloody awful as they were the lower end of their range of boots and felt like they were made from concrete, coupled with my special spakka inserts (carbon fibre) the whole set up was as impact absorbing as an RSJ

As an aside though, to jump to both sides of the argument, I have to admit I have recently moved from goretex fabric walking boots to full leather walking boots as I was sick of the fabric finally giving out and letting in water. Another solution for those boots.....if you are allowed to wear them, get yourself a pair of goretex gaiters for exercise or in the ullu.

More seriously, and this is a genuine question, is it water or sweat? When Goretex was first sold, the makers had to tell people that the material doesn't stop you sweating - work hard, and you'll perspire. All Goretex does is stop condensation.

As noted by several people, being in and out of bogs and streams will end up in wet feet, and it becomes a case of good sock/foot powder admin. I've also been in situations where it's raining so hard that the water running down your legs becomes a problem, filling the boots with water - and that was a pair with a soft leather top collar. The gap caused by the socks was enough, and that was without hopping in and out of streams, etc.. I was sloshing along (and bloody miserable).

Let's not talk about DMS and BCH; nightmares both in terms of staying dry. The outer mesh on modern boots will have a membrane behind it. Don't assume because the outer mesh is saturated that the boots are 'wet'.

Sorry - none of this is meant to patronise. I'm just putting it up for consideration.

Have you tried varnishing your feet? Use the flexible stuff.
No I'm afraid not, but been given some free 'squidgy boots' from my unit, they are waterproof and one size fits all the majority of the time.

They've got a weird name mind, 'Condoms' never heard of them and certainly had the need to use them

I have the same pair of Hiax boots as shown in your picture.
Admittedly only use them for walking the farm and rough shooting, but I have never had a problem with them not being waterproof.
I have on occasion thought my feet were a little damp but put this more down to perspiration than water ingress.

If you are having a problem it may be worth checking the seal where boot meets sole.

I'd challenge you to find somebody on this lot whose browser history resembles anything approaching that of what would be considered normal, self included.
Perhaps a competition for the weirdest (legal) browser history?

Oh and another thing about the Haix they are w@nk*10^6 to polish

I have those very Haix and have never had wet feet with them.

Unfortunately what you think is your entitlement, and what the army thinks is your entitlement is two totally different things. I suggest you learn how to waterproof boots properly old chap.
It wasn't my idea mucker, as per the original query

'One of the Captains from the course mentioned this which I took with a pinch of salt, further questioning his integrity as my unit suggested this isn't actually correct'

It was the Captain of the platoon who came out with such heinous statements! And as I mention, his integrity at that moment must have been compromised.

Oh and another thing about the Haix they are w@nk*10^6 to polish

It wasn't my idea mucker, as per the original query

'One of the Captains from the course mentioned this which I took with a pinch of salt, further questioning his integrity as my unit suggested this isn't actually correct'

It was the Captain of the platoon who came out with such heinous statements! And as I mention, his integrity at that moment must have been compromised.
@Johnnhoj,
As @DesktopCommando has indicated you might be entitled to Altbergs on medical grounds. So your Platoon Captain is correct. I suspect you asked your Unit whether you are entitled to Altbergs because you got wet feet when wearing Haix, so they would also be correct to state that you are not entitled.

Either:
You were issued two pairs of duff boots (unlikely IMHO).
Your boot cleaning/foot admin was not sufficient for the conditions.
It was so wet that no boots would remain dry.

Not having a dig, just suggesting other possibilities.

Did others on the course also have wet feet, were they wearing Haix, Altbergs or other boots?

After being lopped with 2 pairs of boots.. both of which were not waterproof (discovered during field exercise - wet feet for 5 days) is there any form of entitlement to having issue Altbergs?
One of the Captains from the course mentioned this which I took with a pinch of salt, further questioning his integrity as my unit suggested this isn't actually correct.
On the other hand, surely I won't need to buy my own boots to stay dry? I would of thought there would of been entitlement for dry boots?

Apologies if the question has already been asked/ answered before, still noob'ing it.

Cheers Guys
I know that you want some new boots for free but in all seriousness, if you are not able to get any news ones, the gris wax that altberg sell will resurect all but the most severely cracked boots out there.

I have recovered some seriously leaky boots with this stuff and it is only a fiver for a tin.

Leder-Gris® Original

It works a lot better than polish which does not really work at all. I had previously worked in an entire tin of kiwi into my leaky boots and the waterproofing only lasted a few days. With this wax, a few well worked in coats has lasted for months.

More seriously, and this is a genuine question, is it water or sweat? When Goretex was first sold, the makers had to tell people that the material doesn't stop you sweating - work hard, and you'll perspire. All Goretex does is stop condensation.

As noted by several people, being in and out of bogs and streams will end up in wet feet, and it becomes a case of good sock/foot powder admin. I've also been in situations where it's raining so hard that the water running down your legs becomes a problem, filling the boots with water - and that was a pair with a soft leather top collar. The gap caused by the socks was enough, and that was without hopping in and out of streams, etc.. I was sloshing along (and bloody miserable).

Let's not talk about DMS and BCH; nightmares both in terms of staying dry. The outer mesh on modern boots will have a membrane behind it. Don't assume because the outer mesh is saturated that the boots are 'wet'.

Sorry - none of this is meant to patronise. I'm just putting it up for consideration.
We can (supposedly) loose about a litre of water a day through our feet.

@Johnnhoj,
As @DesktopCommando has indicated you might be entitled to Altbergs on medical grounds. So your Platoon Captain is correct. I suspect you asked your Unit whether you are entitled to Altbergs because you got wet feet when wearing Haix, so they would also be correct to state that you are not entitled.

Either:
You were issued two pairs of duff boots (unlikely IMHO).
Your boot cleaning/foot admin was not sufficient for the conditions.
It was so wet that no boots would remain dry.

Not having a dig, just suggesting other possibilities.

Did others on the course also have wet feet, were they wearing Haix, Altbergs or other boots?
No one else was wearing Haix genuinely, and scorned the fact I was.

Probably boils down to boot cleaning, just checking to see I'm not missing out on the legendary issue super boots.

No one else was wearing Haix genuinely, and scorned the fact I was.

Probably boils down to boot cleaning, just checking to see I'm not missing out on the legendary issue super boots.
The location of the Exercise could be a factor, if you were at SENTA you could get piss wet through, sunburnt and Hypothermia all in one day.

That'll be the culprit, I'm a sweaty cnut i'll admit that.

Would seal skin socks be a good shout when out in the field, dry socks on when in doss bag?
Sealskinz worn with Goretex boots would trap more moisture.
Plenty of foot powder and changing into dry socks as often as possible is a better bet.