Altberg entitlement?

After being lopped with 2 pairs of boots.. both of which were not waterproof (discovered during field exercise - wet feet for 5 days) is there any form of entitlement to having issue Altbergs?
One of the Captains from the course mentioned this which I took with a pinch of salt, further questioning his integrity as my unit suggested this isn't actually correct.
On the other hand, surely I won't need to buy my own boots to stay dry? I would of thought there would of been entitlement for dry boots?

Apologies if the question has already been asked/ answered before, still noob'ing it.

Cheers Guys

1526547087815.jpeg
These are waterproof boots. You won't find a leather or fabric booth that is actually 'waterproof'. Looking after your feet is down to good personal admin. Boot dressing, gaiters, MVP socks, spare socks and foot powder all have a part to play, but if you're tabbing through bogs and crossing streams all day, you will get wet feet. Boots with a sewn in MVP liner are OK for some, but horrendous when they fill with water when submerged and they can't cope with high-intensity work, so your feet are bathed in a pool of hot sweat. IMO the issue high liability boots are good.

Just curious, but what kind of boots do you have now?

Boots not waterproof? Polish is.

Kids of today...

Or maybe the question should have been "My feet get very sweaty..."

I was issued a pair of Haix and a pair of Altbergs as I had the choice of which boots I wanted. Dont understand why you got wet feet with Haix as mine are pretty much bomb proof when it comes to water. Only reason I stopped wearing them is because my Altbergs are lighter.
Sweeten the clothing storeman with some brew kit and chocolate biscuits......or get some leder gris on your Haix.

That's what I'm thinking 'Desktop Commando' would rather be issued a decent pair of boots than buy my own.
I don't care what anyone says the Haix are heap, we all have our opinions. Again it's my 'entitlement'

Ooh, padded as well by the looks of them. Either you are the QM or have an interesting photo archive locked away somewhere.
a google image search for 'bags on feet' brought it up.
My browsing history looks weird though

I have those very Haix and have never had wet feet with them.
That's what I'm thinking 'Desktop Commando' would rather be issued a decent pair of boots than buy my own.
I don't care what anyone says the Haix are heap, we all have our opinions. Again it's my 'entitlement'
Unfortunately what you think is your entitlement, and what the army thinks is your entitlement is two totally different things. I suggest you learn how to waterproof boots properly old chap.