Altberg Defenders

I'm after a pair of boots and am seeing really good deals on eBay for secondhand Altberg Defenders. I'm looking for opinions (good or bad!) please.

Cheers

Boxy

GCM
Secondhand boots will be worn in to someone else’s foot shape...
However I’ve never had a problem Altberg, even the non Richmond issue ones

Secondhand boots will be worn in to someone else’s foot shape...
However I’ve never had a problem Altberg, even the non Richmond issue ones
Now I didnt thought of that TBH! Need to source a new unissued pair.

Have you tried HAIX as well Boxy?

Daz

LE
I picked up a set of Boxhead jungle boots from here German Jungle Boots with closed loop eyelets - Grade 1

Good service, quick posting, and the boots were in a lot better nick than I expected (Grade 1) almost brand new in fact
The boots are not waterproof, but drain and dry quickly which is what I was after

I'm after a pair of boots and am seeing really good deals on eBay for secondhand Altberg Defenders. I'm looking for opinions (good or bad!) please.

Cheers
I have just received a pair from the said source. In good condition, fitted reasonably comfy on first try so no great problems of being set into unbendable shape by previous owner, the only drawback was that the tread was well worn to the point I wouldn't try traversing wet rocks or similar but then that wasn't my intention.

I have just received a pair from the said source. In good condition, fitted reasonably comfy on first try so no great problems of being set into unbendable shape by previous owner, the only drawback was that the tread was well worn to the point I wouldn't try traversing wet rocks or similar but then that wasn't my intention.
Hmmmmm for the saving as long as I can find a pair with decent amount of tread an eBay pair would be worth a punt I think

Cheers!

Boxy

GCM
...Have you tried HAIX as well Boxy?

Only the issue ones, didn’t get on with them TBH, too narrow across the foot for me, then after not wearing them for two weeks nearly crippled me when I put them on again, it was as if they’d shrunk

Only the issue ones, didn’t get on with them TBH, too narrow across the foot for me, then after not wearing them for two weeks nearly crippled me when I put them on again, it was as if they’d shrunk
Think I will stick with a decent pair of Altbergs then :)

Daz

LE

Daz

LE
That is cheap TBH, what are they like for comfort?
One pinched my left toe to start with, but I get that was all footwear until they are broken in, they are fine now they are broken in.

I did notice that they had some British Army Brown Boots – Bates - Unissued in stock, no idea what they are like as they are after my time

One pinched my left toe to start with, but I get that was all footwear until they are broken in, they are fine now they are broken in.

I did notice that they had some British Army Brown Boots – Bates - Unissued in stock, no idea what they are like as they are after my time
Probably the suede boots, I had a pair issued at one point. They’re ok but never quite trusted them for anything too taxing.

Daz

LE
These are mine, brought for £40 from Beckett’s 75/79 Dereham Rd Norwich. Second hand and no problem with fit, only thing I did do was to stick a set of gel In soles to help with vibration through the foot pegs of the motorcycle.
60927C38-D7D2-4FEF-B2D3-A8A4FEF9659F.jpeg
68ABD2E9-0346-44CD-8E7D-94D763357662.jpeg

Daz

LE
Daz.. PM sent.
Dependant on size.. I've a pair of Matterhorn boots here.
Erhhhhhh, not to me, I turned off PM's ages ago.....apart from the MODs

Size 10 is the answer

Daz

LE
Ok.
I've a pair of Matterhorn boots in a size 10. Yours if you want them. I'm only an itty bitty size 9.
Be a few weeks before I'm up that end, need to heal up first and thanks for that

Latest Threads