Alt-berg Stockists

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by watershed2100, Jul 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This has probably been asked before so apologies. I`m looking for a Scottish stockist preferably Glasgow of Alt-Berg boots I`m leaning towards the Sneeker, heard they are great for tabbing.

2. Order straight from Altberg themselves.

If you want to try a pair on, go to Yorkshire and do it. They have all the different shapes and sizes and will give you the genuinely BEST BOOT. Not just the standard pair they keep in stock.

Everyone I know who's done it recommends it. I definitely do. They showed me the difference between the sole I had fitted and the sole I would have got had I nipped up to John Bulls, and there were areas of tightness and areas of empty space that would have caused discomfort, and a day out to Yorkshire (long distance from London!) solved all of that, and gave me a boot which felt like it was worn in from Day 1.

3. Ring them first though - when i went in they hard hardly any stock and infact sent me to John Bull to buy my Sneakers!

4. Cheers guys

5. very easy to source sneekers(no need to trek up to yorkshire), and awesome tabbing boots for normal terrain, but don't get them get those aku seal boots, don't know how good they are but they look like something splinter cell would wear !!!

6. Yep, but at least the sneekers will be reasonably waterproof. The AKUs will be as waterproof as a newspaper.

7. not always a good thing. Water outside boots - great. water inside boots - at least a non-waterproof boot will let it out again.

polish, or better something like nikwax or grangers, makes most boots waterproof, but will let it out again.