ALS - can anyone over some advice?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by dirty_monkey, Dec 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am at present trianing to becoming a solicitor via the ILEX route and plan on then doing the conversion course to become a solicitor.

I was just wondering if anyone could offer me any advice on what to expect if I was to join up for the army Legal services, how the application process works and what area of law I should ideally be working in or is it a better idea to stay in civvie land?

When i was 17 I applied to join the RMP but got turned away for a real pathetic reason. However after talking to many different guys about this they say I should have no problem trying to join the ALS as the physical standard is not so important as your mainly stuck behind a desk all day.

Any help ro a kick in the right direction would be greatly appreciated as the MOD website is shall we say a bit vague about it all.

D_M

2. IIRC, you need to be a fully qualified solicitor before the ALS will accept you.

3. I moved this thread as I think we've had enough of people who can barely string a sentence together and who can't spell, asking for advice on joining the ALS and opening up yet another 'slate the ALS' thread, which as far as I am concerned, is all this thread was intended for.

It's played out and dull.

Any problems PM me.

Thanks for the response Scabs, but this time I think that it was wasted.