ALS and Divorce

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by websters, Mar 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Can you use the services of the Army Legal Service if your UK based and need to get a divorce??
    Has anybody got any contact numbers etc....
  2. Have not been in that position, thankfully, but as I understand it they only offer 'surgeries', free legal advice when you are serving outside the UK. Although, I may stand to be corrected.
  3. They're unlikely to know the first thing about it. Get a civvy solicitor who specialises in it
  4. They are fully qualified before they join the Army fella and do, despite what is reported on here, have a vast knowledge base to call upon.

    Civvy lawyers are no different, you take the rough with the smooth (I am not a lawyer), the difference is the service is free.
  5. They might give you some advice, but i don't think they are really there for that.

    I would check with your welfare services first before embaressing yourself.