"Allyness Saves Lives"

cowboyjim

War Hero
No real need to try and look ally in non issued kit anymore, the stuff issued for AFG is awesome. Mind you, small touch ups like helmet scrim and a Garmin foretrex GPS on the wrist kind of help the image!

daywalker

LE
Kit Reviewer
No real need to try and look ally in non issued kit anymore, the stuff issued for AFG is awesome. Mind you, small touch ups like helmet scrim and a Garmin foretrex GPS on the wrist kind of help the image!
Helmet scrim is so last year ;)

think Fally said it best, if your confident in yourself your going to perform better
and there are different levels of ally too, when i was in, it consisted of a pair of trops trousers, a rakish beret and onwing your own silva compass lol

1969peps

Smoke detectors save lives.

Soldiers, especially infantry ones, do as they're told when they're told.

I tried to be unally as possible, always new clean kit, pressed when initially tasked. My actions are what defined me, taking bombs apart with my bare hands; what have you ladies done today?

Anyway isn't allyness for nigs who haven't got a clue, but don't want to look like they don't have a clue.

Oh andi never took a knee, outdated ******* concept because it's always been done like that.
Great

ACAB

LE
Holy 'no war now' thread resurrection Batman! Apart from TORAL or whatever it's called and whatever Cameron chooses to morph it into.

I was going through my gorilla box(es) yesterday, I can't believe how much crap I collected. But, with my counterfeit Rolexs and crappy Chinese DVDs I stand ready to heed the call of dosh and the PMCs.

England Expects chaps and all that..........

It seemed to me the army's aim in life was to make you look like a dick, by coming up with even more grossly Ill fitting garments, and your aim in life was to spend all your wages on new kit that was slightly different, which by the time you had bought it, and worn it out, and moved on to something else, they copied it and issued it.

They issued you a wooly pully, you bought a HH fleece, they issued you a fleece, you went out and bought a Softie jacket...

Yes and no. If a soldier thinks and feels himself to be a better soldier because of the way he looks then maybe he will perform that little bit better. On the other hand as long as he has the right kit and equipment it doesn't matter what he looks like as long as he knows how to use it. He could look ally as a WWII fallschirmjager or as unally as a Royal Marine. It's mostly down to his personnel skills, his commanders and as mentioned, his kit and equipment of how he performs on the ground.
Years ago I read an interview with a US Army officer (Company commander level) about the way some of the American troops troops dressed during the latter days of the Vietnam war (long hair, peace symbols and grafitti, beads etc) and he said pretty much the same thing. If the soldier felt happier dressed the way he was then the officer was not bothered, providing he kept himself, his weapons and equipment in good order.

The officer recognized that the young troops were simply reflecting the peace subculture in the USA, they didn't want to be in Vietnam, and were not bothered about showing their opposition to the war. It was apparent however that that while his troops' appearance might not impress any "old army" type sgt majors, the officer thought his troops were doing a good job in difficult circumstances and that he felt they could be relied on to do their job. IIRC he also mentioned that while many of his soldiers were opposed to the war and wanted to do their time and go home, morale in his unit was good.

I guess allyness has its uses.

Years ago I read an interview with a US Army officer (Company commander level) about the way some of the American troops troops dressed during the latter days of the Vietnam war (long hair, peace symbols and grafitti, beads etc) and he said pretty much the same thing. If the soldier felt happier dressed the way he was then the officer was not bothered, providing he kept himself, his weapons and equipment in good order.

The officer recognized that the young troops were simply reflecting the peace subculture in the USA, they didn't want to be in Vietnam, and were not bothered about showing their opposition to the war. It was apparent however that that while his troops' appearance might not impress any "old army" type sgt majors, the officer thought his troops were doing a good job in difficult circumstances and that he felt they could be relied on to do their job. IIRC he also mentioned that while many of his soldiers were opposed to the war and wanted to do their time and go home, morale in his unit was good.

I guess allyness has its uses.
Well, I was ordered to shave off my mohican during the First Gulf War. That was before I had got around to dyeing it sandy brown. So much for allowing me to reflect my subculture.

B

bumgrapes

Most uber-ally troops end up in some sort of glorious phyrric slaughter (Arnhem, Crete, Thermopolae, etc) or political failure (Selous, RLI, 'Nam, etc), so perhaps its an inverse relationship?
Glorious Gloucester's

Use this scale and follow Allyness_magazine on instagram to complete your training.
Welcome back, how was the Nonces Wing? Or were you 8 years old in 2015? Who cares? Fcuk off you’re boring

Latest Threads