Ally Ruger 10/22 Conversion Kits

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by the_wolf, Nov 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've started the ball rolling for acquiring my FAC and from what I've seen so far the Ruger 10/22 seems to be the most common .22 rifle. I'm not happy with just having a bog standard rifle though and I wondered if anyone could suggest ally conversion kits that are relatively easy to come by in the UK. I've seen the M1 carbine kit but what else is there around.

I do like my WW2 guns....

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

2. Are you going to dress up your rifle and make it drink tea with your dollys, that's nice, I like it when you play nice!

• Like Like x 1
  3. I like it when you play nice too. Makes a change from beating me and telling me to scream your name in Gaelic.

Nah its just to look different innit. Nothing wrong with being a bit ally. Or would it make me a rifle walt?

4. An RFD friend had one of these on his table at the last Bisley arms fair : HK 416 in .22

H&K 22 Rimfire - 416 D145RS

A very nice piece of kit; it looks pretty much identical to a real 416. A real fantasist's ...er... fantasy, given that you can trick it out with a million and one accessories. Bit pricey for a bunny basher, though..

5. That does look rather shiny :) I like.

I don't want to spend a small fortune on it though as it will just be for using in the indoor range. I'll be buying a proper rifle so id rather the majority of my cash went on that.

6. What about something like the Muzzelite bullpup stock kit ?

muzz1022.gif

7. Perhaps less is more? There was uproar at one small-bore club I went to because the keen competition shooters with c.£2k worth of gear were being upstaged by one old boy using an ancient Winchester? bolt rifle with open sights - one of those spindly little rifles that looks like a child's airgun, and total value of which was about £3...

• Like Like x 1
  8. TurtleHead

TurtleHead Old-Salt Book Reviewer

H&K 22 Rimfire - 416 D145RS

Now i'm not a huge intellect on firearms, just know how to fire some of them really, this may seem like a piss take question to you but here goes ' the above shows a link to a HK .22 rifle, the website refers to it as a replica. How can it be a replica when it fires live ammunition? Now i understand that it is a 'replica' of the real thing, but surely a replica is classed of a scale model that doesnt actually work?'
    Thanks

9. I suppose its a replica of a real 416 in that the internals are different (.22 is a blow-back semi-auto) and, presumably, some or all of the externals. Bit like having a "replica" AC Cobra car made from a kit and with an engine from a Ford Fiesta. Don't think "replica" necessarily means non-functioning.

10. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

GSG seem to have squared the problems with their MP5 lookalike by replacing the bolts.

Stick CCI or thunderbold cheapy ammo through it and it works fine.

Attached Files:

11. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Spike Tactical have reliable actions for a fun .22 blatting gun, not cheap though

North West custom guns supply them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

How about an MG 42 lookalike ?
    [​IMG]
    Available here amongst other places.

There are a number of articles on the subject you can read, try here and here.

13. I think I just came a little bit. Thankyou sir.

For $110 its not bad, even if it is all plastic. It certainly will be a head turner on the range though not quite sure its going to be easy to carry around....

14. How anyone can put "Ally" and "10/22" in the same sentence beats me..

IMHO they are horrid little guns, and when tricked up with random bolt-ons they are horrid little guns with tricked up random bolt ons..

When you look at the number of proper rifles, made by proper gunmakers out of proper metal going on Guntrader for pennies, wtf do folk shell out good money for this tat..!

..and DON'T get me started on the AK/HK/Ray Gun clones...

There are loads of Winchesters, Remingtons, BSAs, BRNOs, etc out there..

Even Ugly had/has a nice little pile of good .22s for sale!

Edited to add...

Just been looking around - what about this.. ? Proper plastic gun!

guntrader.co.uk - Charter Arms .22 LR Survival Semi-Auto Second Hand Rifle