Allowances Question

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Berlin_104s, Aug 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am due posting next year and either a UK or Germany posting is open to me, with lots of time away from the office. Leaving aside the question about doing your last posting outside the UK, financial considerations are also an important factor in deciding what to put on my SJAR. Is it more financially beneficial to go for the UK posting or the Germany one? On the face of it Germany seems to be the better option in respect of things such as LOA, but I am unsure as to what else I am entitled to in the JPA era and how these are worked out.

I am a houseowner in the UK but I shall be going unaccompanied with Mrs Berlin remaining in our house. I am over 40 and this will be my last posting taking me up to my 22 year point.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards

2. I understand that things have changed dramatically since I last served in Germany and a recent visit underlined that. It is so much easier and cheaper to travel between the two countries, for a start.

However, if this is your final tour, how will you fit in all your resettlement tasks? I am based in the UK in a busy job, and I am struggling to identify times when I can get away and onto the CTW. And my 28 days of courses is a dream at the moment! How am I going to do that?

Just a thought!