Allowances for TA on Course.

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by General snafu, Nov 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi
    Apologies if this has ben asked before. I have recently done a two week course. It was PAYD and I used my own car to get there. I stayed in the Sgts mess and payed a small mess bill for that. What can I claim for.I am also married if that makes any difference. :?
    Cheers Doggity

    PS Just to make clear I am in the TA.
  2. If you have a chit from your MT bod saying that service transport was not available, then you can claim for the mileage at the appropriate rate. If you took your own car for shits and giggles then you can't claim it.

    Mess bill and food is your own problem.

    You can claim £5 a night for Incidentals.

    All done through JPA (I did it once and got a Matlow to show me how) so you're on your own for that badger.
  3. You should also make sure your car is insured for business use, and that would of course have had to be in place before you made the journeys...

  4. Agreed.

    You can claim for incidental pay @ £5 per full 24 hrs, so usually about 13 days worth on a 14-15 day course.
  5. If you pay a mess bill at your parent unit you should be able to get a rebate of however many days subs you paid on the course on production of your receipt.