• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Allowances for detachment prior to posting

I'm due posting end of June to the mainland, but I'm being detached into the same job between now and then. In the meantime my family will be staying in our SFA in N.I and I was wondering what allowances I will be entitled to? I've been told a number of different things by different Army/Civvie clerks regarding N.I supplement, LSA etc but nobody has been able to give me a straight, answer, more of a "wait and see when you get there"

The main questions I have-

Will I be entitled to LSA, N.I.R.S or both?
The mess is PAYD, will I be entitled to the free core meal or need to just pay for whichever meals I take?
Is there any provision for getting me back to Sunny N.I to see my family or will I have to pay for travel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Latest Threads