Allowance changes.

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by B_AND_T, Mar 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

From 1st April 10:

IE will drop to £5.00 across the board and will be limited to a max of 30 days.

Singlies will only be able to claim disturbance allowance on arrival and departure. No more getting it for moving blocks.
  2. B&T, where did you get your info mate?
  3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

It's come from MOD. An amendment to JSP 752 has been issued. If anyone wants it PM me.

Also, another change:

Female clothing grant is to cease 01 Apr 10.
  4. Not only that!

FIA and DS will be reduced next year (I don't remember restaurant prices going down) and all other MoD allowances will be frozen for one year (have they not seen the price of fuel lately?).
  5. Yes - that's, why at our place you have to give up your first born before you are allowed to submit a REQUEST to claim any T & S. Desperate times...
  6. What about 'forced' internal moves?

From Coy to Coy in different blocks?

Surley if there are Sky contracts, phone lines to be changed that would count?
  7. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Below is extract from amended JSP 752

07.0106. Non-Qualifying Moves. The following moves are ineligible for DA:

a. Where Service personnel move between 2 residences when neither is a RWA (ie between 2 Selected Places of Residence (SPR)).

b. Where Service personnel return from an assignment where they occupied public accommodation, to a property that they previously lived in which their family continued to occupy during their absence (eg those returning from SSSA to a home that has been continually occupied by their family, or single personnel returning to privately owned or rented property that has not been let).

c. Where Service personnel move into accommodation in a seagoing unit.

d. Where Service personnel undertake operational tours.

e. For moves between SLA within the same Unit.
  8. Bit of a kick in the nuts. Some of the blokes i've met (as i'm sure we all have) have their entire lives in their room!

It's always the way in a unit when the OC's get together and decide a move around is just the thing to shake up and re-motivate the blokes!

Still, if that's what it says in JSP then that is gospel.
  9. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

From 1st March 10 LOA will decrease by 1% for all married accompanied personnel.
  10. Good of you to post that 19 days after it has happened :D
  11. But I believe the qualifying period for LSA drops from 10 days to 7.
  12. Outstanding news. We'll come in for showers every six days instead of every nine!