Alley?..either way Green Berets from back in the' nam

The Septics went to Vietnam expecting it to be like a Hollywood filum. Then they comrehensively got their arrses handed to them, quietly withdrew and declared it a win. That's the way to win a war, innit?

MsG

S

Screw_The_Nut

Hey, go to page 50 of that thread, check out the SASR guys and their weapons, it's the 'Old'n'Bold's wet dream!

The Septics went to Vietnam expecting it to be like a Hollywood filum. Then they comrehensively got their arrses handed to them, quietly withdrew and declared it a win. That's the way to win a war, innit?

MsG
We didn't claim the Army we served in murdered our family though, thats for real assholes like, yourself. And it's Comprehensively you bogshite

NaCl

Good link and quality pictures, I wonder if any of the resident yanks (JJH) might discuss whether the opinion of US soldiering in Vietnam has improved since Iraq/Afghan? Has the level of respect from the general public increased Or was it ever thus?

MsG
I can see we have a new military analyst/ historian on the forum. I can just tell you will be providing us with some scintillating historical accounts and enlightened viewpoints during your time on here.

We will all be better off thanks to your well crafted responses and quips.

I like you.

I can see we have a new military analyst/ historian on the forum. I can just tell you will be providing us with some scintillating historical accounts and enlightened viewpoints during your time on here.

We will all be better off thanks to your well crafted responses and quips.

I like you.
Next he will regale us with how the Oirish are war winners (except in Oirland for some reason) something like Irish-French relations (so drunk they cant run from Panzers)

Au

S

Screw_The_Nut

Good link and quality pictures, I wonder if any of the resident yanks (JJH) might discuss whether the opinion of US soldiering in Vietnam has improved since Iraq/Afghan? Has the level of respect from the general public increased Or was it ever thus?
Since these are the SF troops, I'm going to guess that the standard of soldiering was pretty damned high in 'nam, from these chaps.

MsG
U.S acknowledges K.I.A approx 58 000, NVA/VC KIA is put at 1,100 000 by Hanoi. Comprehensively? I don't ******* think so.

S

Screw_The_Nut

By all accounts the US wooped ass in Vietnam, the war wasn't "lost" as such, it just became unpopular. The main reason modern historians attribute to US withdrawal was the development of modern media, and the US military lack of understanding of war fighting under such scrutiny.

MsG
Losing the war does not equate to having our arses handed to us as you so quaintly put it. I think you are confusing that with the American Revolution in terms of having arses handed out.

G

goatrutar

Hey, go to page 50 of that thread, check out the SASR guys and their weapons, it's the 'Old'n'Bold's wet dream!
There's some interesting gear there. The L2A1 with the UGL would've had some serious firepower.

I've fired the "normal" version and it was entertaining to say the least.

Losing the war does not equate to having our arses handed to us as you so quaintly put it. I think you are confusing that with the American Revolution in terms of having arses handed out.
An interesting point indeed, JJH. The Septics thoroughly lost the war but won .... what? The "peace" maybe?

The truth is that the Septics fucked up big-time when they engaged in Vietnam. Just wanting to be a major power doesn't automatically equate to being one, just because that seemed to be what was required at the time. Just a thought!

MsG

There's some interesting gear there. The L2A1 with the UGL would've had some serious firepower.

I've fired the "normal" version and it was entertaining to say the least.
The L1A1 that was a 'cut-down' is in the Snakes Pit up against the bar, it was/is called 'The Bitch'. From all accounts think L1A2 with the sound of a .50 cal. This is all allegedly mind you.

Latest Threads