allergies

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by binzo, Sep 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi does anyone have any info regarding the Army's medical requirements with regards to nut allergies. I had a very mild allergy (miuld itching never prescribed an epi-pen) when i was younger (last incident when i was 14 now 24) and nothing since. I'm fairly certain that i have outgrown it since i've eaten things containing nuts with no problems for the last ten years. Its just i know how black and white the army can be about these things so any info or advice to put my mind at ease would be greatfully appreciated. Cheers.

2. Eat a Snickers bar then you will know for sure that you have grown out of it.

3. Go to www.armycareers.co.uk and click the link to speak to an online recruiter. He/she will be able to tell you straight away. Good luck!

4. A Nut allergy is an immediate Disqualification factor, we had a guy in the RM who got through the selection process, but sent home in wk 1 of trg when the doc found out he had a nut allergy, leave it off your medical notes, and dont ever mention it.

5. A Nut allergy is an immediate Disqualification factor, we had a guy in the RM who got through the selection process, but sent home in wk 1 of trg when the doc found out he had a nut allergy, You may be ok if you havnt had any probs for a few years, but in any case, leave it off your notes, and dont mention it to anyone....ever.