allergies

Hi does anyone have any info regarding the Army's medical requirements with regards to nut allergies. I had a very mild allergy (miuld itching never prescribed an epi-pen) when i was younger (last incident when i was 14 now 24) and nothing since. I'm fairly certain that i have outgrown it since i've eaten things containing nuts with no problems for the last ten years. Its just i know how black and white the army can be about these things so any info or advice to put my mind at ease would be greatfully appreciated. Cheers.

binzo said:
Hi does anyone have any info regarding the Army's medical requirements with regards to nut allergies. I had a very mild allergy (miuld itching never prescribed an epi-pen) when i was younger (last incident when i was 14 now 24) and nothing since. I'm fairly certain that i have outgrown it since i've eaten things containing nuts with no problems for the last ten years. Its just i know how black and white the army can be about these things so any info or advice to put my mind at ease would be greatfully appreciated. Cheers.
Eat a Snickers bar then you will know for sure that you have grown out of it.

A Nut allergy is an immediate Disqualification factor, we had a guy in the RM who got through the selection process, but sent home in wk 1 of trg when the doc found out he had a nut allergy, leave it off your medical notes, and dont ever mention it.

A Nut allergy is an immediate Disqualification factor, we had a guy in the RM who got through the selection process, but sent home in wk 1 of trg when the doc found out he had a nut allergy, You may be ok if you havnt had any probs for a few years, but in any case, leave it off your notes, and dont mention it to anyone....ever.