ALLENBY 'HMM' COST SAVING???

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by commsbloke, Jan 19, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Let me get this right, the Idea of Project Allenby is to give the day to day running costs of everything from buildings, vehicles, weapons and even the clothes we wear to a big civilian company.
    Then when they have fleeced us good and proper and we have sub standard equipment the MOD is going to lease are own vehicles weapons clothes and everything else 'Green' back from this wonderful company. Please, is this a cost cutting measure? is this an opt out by a non committal government? or is this the slippery slope down hill? How long till good ole Tone signs us up for the EU army.

2. Commsbloke, look a little deeper , the answer was in front of you all the time :wink:

http://www.aspiredefence.co.uk/

Now, a big old cigar, for the first person that can tell us, preferably in a very loud voice (20 pt font) what the initials , KBR stand for. Bonus points for telling us who they are part of?

And of course, for your big old Brucey Bonus , construct a sentence using the words "it" , "makes" ,"all" , "now , "sense"

Special extra big bonus , if you've lived in accomodation built in foreign lands , that you would like to describe in sentences of one, two and no more than 3 words. 8O

3. I can feel a British Rail coming on.

4. msr

msr LE

http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.phtml?title=Brown_and_Root

Do I win the cigar?

msr

5. I believe you do MSR :)

6. Well blow me down with a whistle and a flute!

7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I take it that the same KBR doing all the Yanks Logistics in Iraq?

8. Well I'm sure they would debate that point ("Drop smoke and jink like hell driver" ) , but it's all owned by Haliburton.

Some of you may have heard of Haliburton before?

Good, because not only are you going to hear a lot more about them, they are going to own your arrse.

How did we ever get into a situation, where a foreign company has a major grip of the sheer mechanics of the Sovereign's armed servants?

And the tentacles stretch across all 3 services, so the Crabs and Matelots needn't be smug either.

9. The same Halliburton, Brown & Root that are prevalent in Aberdeen due to Oil Industry connections ?????

If so... oh dear!

Atleast Dick Cheney will be a happy bunny.

"We're on a roooooad to nowhere......."

10. Landie - the very same bunch of muppets (though they are very wealthy muppets.... :? )

11. Its Kellog Brown and Root - save us a lug on that cigar MSR :wink:

They ran everything from power to the cookhouse at our location in Iraq, and were brilliant. Good response times and extremely professional. They also done a good line in bootlegged scotch :D :D

12. Brilliant, camps administrated by a bunch of Stetson wearing, whiskey bootlegging, politically biased septic arrse.

Ho hum.

13. the same Halliburton that has been criticized by congress for over charging by a couple of Million dollars for the fuel they supplied in the gulf to US and UK forces?

BTW didn't KBR get an office in PJHQ not so long ago?