Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alleged SAS War Crimes Report

Unlike you though.

I understand that Court directions mean jack sh!t until a Criminal investigation has been carried out and charges have been laid against an individual.

How stupid must you be to not understand that ?

Keep wringing out your panties.
And another the ad hominem.

You were the one banging on about needing to see the whole film to conclude whether there was diminished responsibility. I’ve sImply drawn your attention to the absurdity of that point.

Don’t bother to reply. I’ve put you back on ignore; you’re incapable of civil debate.

Last edited:
You were the one banging on about needing to see the whole film to conclude whether there was diminished responsibility.

What has that got to do with

Unlike you though.

I understand that Court directions mean jack sh!t until a Criminal investigation has been carried out and charges have been laid against an individual.

How stupid must you be to not understand that ?

Keep wringing out your panties.

Keep highlighting your stupidity and wringing out those panties.

I'll just leave today's words from the Prime Minister here for the panty wetters

Morrison said the Australian government was dealing with the allegations in accordance with the rule of law and the presumption of innocence until proven guilty, but reaffirmed that “the actions of a few … do not reflect on the many thousands of others” who had served in Afghanistan.

Morrison said a decision had not yet been made on whether to revoke the meritorious unit citation awarded to special forces who served in Afghanistan between 2007 and 2013.

Don’t bother to reply. I’ve put you back on ignore; you’re incapable of civil debate. You've made me look like a complete ARRSE.

A freebie.

Of course

Are you talking about Scott Morrison, as posted above ?

No words of crimes - No words of guilt - No words of murder

The key words of allegations, the rule of law and the presumption of innocence until proven guilty are striking.

Does that make you squirm and wee your panties ?
Why are you so invested in this to the point of absurdity?

It's been discussed multiple times that what the report says, and the words used in the report will of course be different to what is used now when it comes to criminal investigations. That is nothing unusual when it comes to inquiries, where potential criminal investigations then follow.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I thank @SkippedOnce for posting this very interesting spat between Australia and China - just illustrating the damage these events in Afghanistan can cause:

It's a very poor occurrence, if I may put it like that. The problem is that it'll become gospel, a bit like the doctored picture of the Royal Marine holding severed heads in Malaya (the original was a large snake).

QRK2

LE
It's a very poor occurrence, if I may put it like that. The problem is that it'll become gospel, a bit like the doctored picture of the Royal Marine holding severed heads in Malaya (the original was a large snake).

Wrong:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Wrong:

Are we talking about the same picture? The Hansard report mentions one head. In the picture I'm thinking of, the Marine has a head in each hand.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Are we talking about the same picture? The Hansard report mentions one head. In the picture I'm thinking of, the Marine has a head in each hand.
I don't think the number of heads is the issue here?

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
It's about the provenance of the picture. The point I was/am making is that the current picture is apparently faked but will probably come to be accepted as genuine.
I know - but I also know that you see my point...

The picture of the RM carrying the head is, I believe, genuine, but caused a massive uproar at the time. There was a problem of recovering and identifying CT bodies after a TIC, and a workaround - started by the Army - was to decapitate the body, bury the remains in the Jungle and bring the head back for identification. Tim Hatton - who rose to be Dep Dir Malaya Special Branch - talks of the practise in his book 'The Toc Toc Birds'. He would receive packages from time to time on his desk (as a District Superintendent in the FMS Police) and on opening would find a maggoty head and a note asking him to identify the dead CT.

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It's just more asinine bloviating from the thread's resident HB impersonator.

I believe he's no longer able to post on the thread, so unless HB or JohnG turn up the discussion should be able to get back on the rails.

The picture of the RM carrying the head is, I believe, genuine, but caused a massive uproar at the time. There was a problem of recovering and identifying CT bodies after a TIC, and a workaround - started by the Army - was to decapitate the body, bury the remains in the Jungle and bring the head back for identification. Tim Hatton - who rose to be Dep Dir Malaya Special Branch - talks of the practise in his book 'The Toc Toc Birds'. He would receive packages from time to time on his desk (as a District Superintendent in the FMS Police) and on opening would find a maggoty head and a note asking him to identify the dead CT.

There were quite a few people on here defending the Gurkha who chopped of the head of a dead Taliban fighter, all sorts of **** excuses including him not understanding English properly.

There were quite a few people on here defending the Gurkha who chopped of the head of a dead Taliban fighter, all sorts of **** excuses including him not understanding English properly.
I'm not aware of that incident. do you have a link?

It is fair to say that the unofficial habit of lopping off heads in Malaya - almost 70 years ago - was stopped when the matter became public.

Campbell has been overruled by the PM on withdrawing unit citations. Morrison’s words were something of a put down:

“Governor-Generals take advice from their Prime Ministers”.

Senator Jacqui Lambie, never one to beat about the bush, was rather more “Australian”.

“If General Campbell has not felt the bitch slap of those millions of Australians out there, I suggest that he pulls his head out of his arse”

I don’t think there’s much sympathy or support for senior officers in Parliament.

I'm not aware of that incident. do you have a link?

It is fair to say that the unofficial habit of lopping off heads in Malaya - 65 years ago - was stopped when the matter became public.

He got away with it

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh, it's well-documented that it went on. Hansard admits so.

The picture I'm referring to, though, is with two heads.

As I say, the point I was making is/was about authenticity. This latest one is agitation at its worst.

Latest Threads