Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alleged SAS War Crimes Report

It was sorted out 3 months after the incident. If the Army took action after that, then what would the problem be?
Appeals, retrials, double jeopardy and all that bollocks is irrelevant to the CDF issuing blanker punishments.
Is that you agreeing that it could take some time? Or denying that Bloody Sunday hasn't been resolved?

Is that you agreeing that it could take some time? Or denying that Bloody Sunday hasn't been resolved?

What 3 months? Yeah that is some time.
If the Army take action after that time, but something happens in the future then its not really the Army fault.
Do you remember 1 para being disbanded?

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Or did you serve or do an attachement at Swanbourne?

Multiple op tours alongside members of the unit, including having one of them under my command briefly.

No but he might have once upon a time been a STAB with aspirations and pretentions

I've never been a reservist and I'm still serving, sorry. Also, pretentious STAB? Aren't you in the HAC?!

Last edited:
What 3 months? Yeah that is some time.
If the Army take action after that time, but something happens in the future then its not really the Army fault.
Do you remember 1 para being disbanded?
2 Squadron hasn't been disbanded. Also blokes in the squadron that are unconnected to any incidents in the report, or any further legal investigations will be either reassigned to other squadrons, or moved into the new squadron that is being stood up.

2 Squadron hasn't been disbanded. Also blokes in the squadron that are unconnected to any incidents in the report, or any further legal investigations will be either reassigned to other squadrons, or moved into the new squadron that is being stood up.

They arent disbanding it but sending everyone elsewhere?

They arent disbanding it but sending everyone elsewhere?
Essentially it will likely just be a renaming of 2 squadron. Some may move in accordance with the needs of other squadrons, which isn't an unusual occurence.

Considering the current members of 2 squadron are mostly nothing to do with any of what's gone on, they're unlikely to care too much about having to simply move their kit into another squadron's lines.

Essentially it will likely just be a renaming of 2 squadron. Some may move in accordance with the needs of other squadrons, which isn't an unusual occurence.

Considering the current members of 2 squadron are mostly nothing to do with any of what's gone on, they're unlikely to care too much about having to simply move their kit into another squadron's lines.

Are they disbanding it or not?

Is this link wrong?

Are they disbanding it or not?

Is this link wrong?
That link says differently to what I had read elsewhere, which suggests my understanding could well be incorrect.

The link you posted does back up what I knew in regards to blokes being reassigned within the SASR. That's hardly a blanket punishment considering they are openly acknowledged as being nothing to do with any of the incidents, and will still be fully badged SASR troopers etc. Which makes me scratch my head a little as to why you seem so fixated on the idea that they are being punished?

That link says differently to what I had read elsewhere, which suggests my understanding could well be incorrect.

The link you posted does back up what I knew in regards to blokes being reassigned within the SASR. That's hardly a blanket punishment considering they are openly acknowledged as being nothing to do with any of the incidents, and will still be fully badged SASR troopers etc. Which makes me scratch my head a little as to why you seem so fixated on the idea that they are being punished?

**** knows what you were reading elsewhere.
Its not a blanket punishment to be moved elsewhere or have a citation removed due to the actions of others?

**** knows what you were reading elsewhere.
Its not a blanket punishment to be moved elsewhere or have a citation removed due to the actions of others?
Where is the punishment? They have publicly been backed by the head of the army as being nothing to do with any alleged crimes. Will still be fully badged SASR, and the citation is a unit citation where many of them weren't even in the squadron when the actions took place for it to be originally awarded. Is simply moving kit from one squadron building to another such an issue for you?

Where is the punishment? They have publicly been backed by the head of the army as being nothing to do with any alleged crimes. Will still be fully badged SASR, and the citation is a unit citation where many of them weren't even in the squadron when the actions took place for it to be originally awarded. Is simply moving kit from one squadron building to another such an issue for you?

Of course disbanding the unit that you are part of and removing a citation is of no way a punishmentment.
So why bother? Are you saying the CDF is in actual fact doing **** all?

Never believe anything you read in the main stream media - unless you have first hand experience because you were there in person when x or y happened. Everything else is either speculation, lies, an opinion or just plain bullshit.
The MSM are nothing but biased liars and are always pushing an agenda (which seems to be a lefty agenda nowadays). The age Australia is a High left wing propaganda media organisation.

So, @mrdude, what are you thoughts on this report? Still think it is evil left wing medium fake news?

Latest Threads