Alleged Leaks from MOD to the media

• Thread starter Deleted 60082
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
As one who had his career and character impugned because of her despicable behaviour, I find her and this article utterly repulsive. However, what I also find as hurtful are the number of senior officers, and principally their 'Boden' wives, who support her on Face Book it is as if there is a belief that 'middle class ladies don't do crime and certainly don't deserve prison' for 'dinner-party gossip'. This article is her attempt to both normalise her criminal behaviour and to portray her beguiling naivety.

I'm not one to believe in stories of the Establishment closing ranks to 'protect one of their own' but this seems to be happening. Given her husband appears not to have shared her shame and has been promoted to LtCol I find particularly galling.

A few of you know me here and also know why it would be inappropriate for me to go 'public' in confrontong this harridan of a fish wife. I have yet to receive an appology from either the RAF or MOD for the accusation that I had leaked a story to the media; I doubt that I ever will. I wish I knew how I could stop this woman continuing to profit from criminal enterprise and her gloating with false indignation. Suggestions?

Your self control in not going public does you great credit. This woman deserves however to be held up to public scrutiny to expose her and her little coterie of similiar thinking individuals. I'm not sure how you could do this and retain your moral high ground but undoubtedly something needs to be done.

D

Deleted 60082

Well, if you can't go public do you know someone who can?
The logical route would be to speak with journalists; however, if that became known at work my suspension would be immediate. I've given up on the MOD trying to remedy this situation; correspondence at the time is protected under 'Ministerial policy discussions'; all I have are copies of very anodyne MDP and SIB reports. Moreover, as I have responded before, all those who were around at the time of my suspension have now left the MOD or the Services, so there is no compulsion on them to lift a finger to remedy the situation (and them to admit that they were wrong)..

A civil action is tempting - but it is a ruinously expensive process (see 'Bleak House') and the hearings would likely attract the attention of the media which, again, would be deleterious to my current career. I could confront her directly; I wish I had when she was Lording in around the patch at Shrivenham - alluding to her private income, a small estate and so forth; however this was before her conviction and imprisonment and thus before I had incontrovertible evidence of her malfeasance.

My wife - who had to endure this horrid woman at spouses' events at Shrivenham - wants me to 'move on'. I would like to but to have been so injured by Mrs Barber's behaviour - both professionally (and therefore financially) and personally - the matter needs redressing.

Truxx

LE
You have just answered you dilemma. Mrs Crash is of course perfectly at liberty to provide as much information as she (you) see fit to whoever she (you) want.

Of course the whole thing would be massively fraught with difficulty, the MOD and individuals within it may well hold it against you (may well??? FFS Truxx you know they would....) and the process of getting any kind of closure might be hampered by turgid process. But its an option.

The other option is the Service Complaints Commissioner. Her remit might read like it is all about the chain of command, but having spoken a few times with a previous one it was quite clear that she understood her role to be one of ensuring fairness in all issues. Worth a conversation at least.

Truxx

LE
She wasn't a strategist as such she was a fairly average civil servant doing some fairly average or dull jobs who frankly wasn't liked by her peer group, wasn't rated as particularly good by quite a few of those who worked with her, and is now utterly reviled and loathed to boot.

Horrible shameless and awful person who has ideas well above her social standing of ex-prisoner. In her case i am willing to make an exception for my belief in rehabilitation and would love them to lock her up and throw away the key. How dare she betray the trust placed on her by so many just to live her faux lifestyle.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Have a massive like .....

E

EScotia

You have just answered you dilemma. Mrs Crash is of course perfectly at liberty to provide as much information as she (you) see fit to whoever she (you) want.

Of course the whole thing would be massively fraught with difficulty, the MOD and individuals within it may well hold it against you (may well??? FFS Truxx you know they would....) and the process of getting any kind of closure might be hampered by turgid process. But its an option.

The other option is the Service Complaints Commissioner. Her remit might read like it is all about the chain of command, but having spoken a few times with a previous one it was quite clear that she understood her role to be one of ensuring fairness in all issues. Worth a conversation at least.

First bit in bold may result in your promotion one up if fairs fair, it worked for the horrid womans husband after all :)

Second bit in bold would most likely achieve nothing but dampen your quite correct feelings of injustice whilst increasing them again when bugger alls done!

jim30

LE
Wait until you leave the Service then go public Crash. The way you were treated was a disgrace and heads should roll for what that woman did to you and others.

machiavelli

War Hero
Crash - has he been promoted? As far as i knew he was 2ICing somewhere up north ?

Mach

JohnJanson

Clanker
Absolutely Mach - 2IC or OC of the BW Bn, RRS if I understand correctly.

A horrifying, rotten and corrupt situation that absolutely turns the stomach. Also something dangerously contrary to combat effectiveness.

A jock soldier from a certain Bn, would understand his OC's family had benefitted from confidential information on combat deaths leaked for money - by his wife, who has trampled numerous honest careers in the process, was convicted for dishonestly selling info and now works for a consultancy outfit set up by a convicted fraudster.

Just what I need to give me trust, confidence and team cohesion before I advance into contact...

Last edited:

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
The logical route would be to speak with journalists; however, if that became known at work my suspension would be immediate. I've given up on the MOD trying to remedy this situation; correspondence at the time is protected under 'Ministerial policy discussions'; all I have are copies of very anodyne MDP and SIB reports. Moreover, as I have responded before, all those who were around at the time of my suspension have now left the MOD or the Services, so there is no compulsion on them to lift a finger to remedy the situation (and them to admit that they were wrong)..

A civil action is tempting - but it is a ruinously expensive process (see 'Bleak House') and the hearings would likely attract the attention of the media which, again, would be deleterious to my current career. I could confront her directly; I wish I had when she was Lording in around the patch at Shrivenham - alluding to her private income, a small estate and so forth; however this was before her conviction and imprisonment and thus before I had incontrovertible evidence of her malfeasance.

My wife - who had to endure this horrid woman at spouses' events at Shrivenham - wants me to 'move on'. I would like to but to have been so injured by Mrs Barber's behaviour - both professionally (and therefore financially) and personally - the matter needs redressing.

Perhaps you could write a book about it ( fictional of course ) and release it after you retire ?

Wait until you leave the Service then go public Crash. The way you were treated was a disgrace and heads should roll for what that woman did to you and others.

it'll be too late then.

this is the opening salvo of her reinventing herself and building a career out of her 'corageous whistleblowing', unless her lies and deception are slapped down now she'll be successful at doing so, and @Crash writing a peice, however well read it is, in 5 years time will wash off like spring rain.

the only way to stamp on this tripe is to do so now before she gets a regular peice of media action and friends in that incestuous world.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
it'll be too late then.

this is the opening salvo of her reinventing herself and building a career out of her 'corageous whistleblowing', unless her lies and deception are slapped down now she'll be successful at doing so, and @Crash writing a peice, however well read it is, in 5 years time will wash off like spring rain.

the only way to stamp on this tripe is to do so now before she gets a regular peice of media action and friends in that incestuous world.
Perhaps write to the Times
they are very good at dealing with crooks like her
there detailed investigation of Child abuse oop North forced more than a few people to face up to some very uncomfortable facts
and a big court case
its one reason why I am a subscriber, my small contribution helps to challenge the evil people in our society
A certain Mr Adams out there found that out when he challenged the paper in court
pity the Police could not do it !

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Hang on, let's deal with the 'mistake' of accepting money. Did she not have to get that money via a circuitous route, effectively a cut-out? She can't fail then to know that what she did was illegal - the payments were not an 'accident' and they certainly weren't above board. The conviction confirms that; as @Archimedes says, she's a convicted criminal.

@Crash, I really hope that this works out for you. Sh1ts and bullies are at the top of my hate list. I can't though see how you're going to get this put right without some form of publicity.

Late in on this thread, but I knew the name rang a bell. As an old Surrey Highlander with RHF Journals going back to the 70s I had a quick shufty. He appears in the Winter 98 edition as a lowly 2/Lt NG Barber (Short Service) and by Winter 2002 he has become a Captain and added the Jordan bit, and transferred to an IRC commision.
Wonder when he got married, and had the rebranding exercise?

Status
Not open for further replies.