All Walts and wannabes read this.

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by eye_spy, Feb 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We (all those in the Int Corps) could not give a toss about your (Walts, weirdos, Journos and idiots) desires to be the next best thing to James Bond. Please stop asking arrse questions on this forum. Its people like you lot that give our Corps a bad name. Believe it or not, our job is not very glamourous at all. We are also not going to answer your daft questions. You are just opening yourselves up to be ridiculed. Thank you.

2. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Very fierce!

I agree with eye_spy but I've got to go out now to polish my Aston-Martin and refuel my jet pack...

3. Liar! you are going to polish your Roger Moore Lotus and press your biege, slightly flared in the trouser, safari suit.

4. Does that mean that the watches that they issue you are just the same as our G10 watches? not the special ones we see on Bond.

Naaaah your just using smoke and mirrors to make out you are nothing special, when we know you are really.

:):)

Sparky

5. I knew something was fishy when the MT guy made me sign out my Aston Martin DB7 ..... told me it was the first version with four wheel drive and gun racks, also came with 24 volt set up for the radios free of charge.

Oh and can anyone tell me how I can get my Walter PPK to fit in my pocket? it's a bit long and I didn't know they came in green and black tweo tone :p

J

7. What the fcuk you talking about? There is nothing more glamourous than sticking a map together, filling in a 102, making stickies, checking a set of unit security standing orders, etc, etc, it beats all those really arrse jobs like flying helicopters......................

8. "Only the true Messiah would deny his divinity..." :)

9. Hmm sticking all those map pins in and learning how to pronounce those funny names for the evening briefing to a bunch of bored infanteers - cooo I want a job like that. :p

10. Yeah the infanteers are often bored, until one of them gets shot/bombed. Then they start whining, until you gently remind them it was in your previous days/weeks/months int brief 8O

11. Ah, yes. Many was the time that were out on the road at 06:00 with the Int brief at 08:00 informing us that the road had been closed from 05:00 and that the information hadn't been released during the previous night's briefing for "security" reasons.

12. Fcuk me Poacher ! you have been stuck in a time warp.

I was making "stickies" for the map board in Kingsley Kasserne back in 1976.

where have you been since then: Purdysburn???

at least you weren't brieding bored cav:

13. Does anyone in the army have a glamorous job? Looking around I can see plenty that could be interesting and exiting (and more than a few that aren't), but glamorous? Not that I know of. Anyone care to enlighten me, or are they all hush hush (so hush hush that no one has ever heard of them)?

14. Based in Musgrave Park Hospital, there was absolutely no glamour attached to service in the Special Medical Investigation Unit.

someone had to drive the army MGB (GT) and hang out in the Stormont on a tuesday night, and the Elbow Rooms / Bot / Egg/ Old New forge / MoD the other 6 nights.

Some of us held back when it came to monitoring extremist factions having supper in the hillside, worse: Daft Eddies :oops:

a real sh1tty, thankless job, but someone had to do it.

No citations were ever written for operational awards, due to OPSEC constraints. But when the boss saw her in daylight he said I should have got a QGM!

15. For f***'s sake don't pull the winder out...