All UK Airports Closed

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
fertman said:
Already reported on R4 news 2000, no flights except Scotland and some northern airports until 0100

BBC News right now, says a phased reintroduction of airspace across much of the UK from 22.00 tonight

fertman

Old-Salt
Just caught the update at 2100...all change! Musical chairs, innit. Anyone for a bit of spread betting on how many times the situation will be altered in the next 24hrs?

Surfer_Smithy

War Hero
bobthedog said:
Pisspot politics have been played. The government got it wrong again, will they send the 150 coaches to Madrid now?

I thought the great leader had them in Madrid already?

Surfer you obviously missed the PM programme on Radio 4, where our underpant waving Europe minister was interviewed en-route to Madrid, first he claimed all the coaches were waiting and ready in Madrid, then eventually the interviewer gained the real truth, this was policy being made on the Hoof, since the great leader announced that coaches were going to be provided to repatriate people from the "Madrid Hub" that had been negotiated with the Spanish. It turned out later in the conversation that even the idea of landing longhaul flights in Madrid was not even being discussed with the Spanish yet, and the coaches had not been hired, let alone driven to Madrid.

A total and typical New Labour cods up.

Who else will have mixed feelings about airports opening ? We live about 40 mins from LGW and was struck again tonight while walking the dogs how peaceful it was , we have noticed in the last 5 or 6 years how much more disturbance we get from the aircraft , don't get me wrong ... we chose to live where we do because its so convieniant for the airport and the channel ferry ports etc , just the noise of aircraft has been constantly there , and as such became part of the background noise , ( I grew up in the next door village ) its taken 4 days of silence to realise how noisey it realy is round here .
Not only that .. there is now a very real chance of the Mrs getting home before the weekend from Tenereiff , bang go's a planned weekend of boys and their toys type fun ... .

fertman

Old-Salt
My mate is really pissed off. He was halfway across the channel in his rowing boat, fully expectant of making a small fortune picking up stragglers when they opened the airports. Is this how New Liebour treats enterprising small business? Hrmmmph!

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Apparently the "Airbridge" is leaving here tomorrow at some stage, so they must be opening Brize some time in the next week.

Thank Goodness for that. I was getting tired of hearing "Leaving on a Jet Plane" on BFBS. I think they got told not to play it ever ever again.

Buggerit. Bang goes my "enforced" stay in BKK for 3 days :x

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
eodmatt said:
Buggerit. Bang goes my "enforced" stay in BKK for 3 days :x

You WERE going to send me a postcard though, weren't you?

Think of your answer carefully..................................... :lol: :lol: