Reference Image All Tracked Personnel Carriers & Universal Carrier Pictures here please

Fuel shut off taps leaking? Surely not? :p Mine leak like a sieve when turning them but stop leaking fully on or off.

BTW I fitted an electric fuel pump. Didn't want to be stranded due to a faulty diaphragm.

I have one repairable original and just managed to buy another NOS one from Belgium .
The BAIV ones are good ....speak with Snr and Jnr Ivo's alot ;-)
I agree with you in that I will run one tank most of the time and bypass the two way fuel tap that has a habit of leaking .
I might cut open my other original tank and put a half size stainless one inside so I have the option of using that at shows where you do a few miles at best.
It's surprising how much G147 original stuff is still out there ....convinced some of the dealers drip feed it onto the market ;-) .
I will try and get to W&P as it's local ....hope to drive Pollyana there next year !!!!! but also works busy and I need to earn money to feed the Halftrack habit .... so will be in and out all week .
Have a good one !
BAIV have some parts I'm interested in but shipping is a killer. Need to find a return load, or go over and pick them up. An excuse for a roadtrip I suppose!

BAIV have some parts I'm interested in but shipping is a killer. Need to find a return load, or go over and pick them up. An excuse for a roadtrip I suppose!
Holland is in my opinion always a nice place to visit.....Ivo Snr & Jnr are very hospitable so make the trip and have a look round , they have loads of bit's they don't put on the web ....often the little finishing touches .

Why not try and tie it up with a visit to Tanks in Town at Mons ( 30/31 August this year )
or 15-20 ish September is a XXX Corps event where we will hopefully do 100 odd miles on roads with the Sherman as part of an armoured convoy finishing at Arnhem

What parts are you after ?
My "New" fuel tank is stainless so should be OK , agree with electric pump and fuel pressure regulator .
I think we are already at 10% bio .....

Apologies to everyone else for what now seems to be a Halftrack restoration forum ;-)

Holland is in my opinion always a nice place to visit.....Ivo Snr & Jnr are very hospitable so make the trip and have a look round , they have loads of bit's they don't put on the web ....often the little finishing touches .

Why not try and tie it up with a visit to Tanks in Town at Mons ( 30/31 August this year )
or 15-20 ish September is a XXX Corps event where we will hopefully do 100 odd miles on roads with the Sherman as part of an armoured convoy finishing at Arnhem

What parts are you after ?
My "New" fuel tank is stainless so should be OK , agree with electric pump and fuel pressure regulator .
I think we are already at 10% bio .....

Apologies to everyone else for what now seems to be a Halftrack restoration forum ;-)
For some reason I think we are on E5, but I could be wrong. Who made the stainless tank BTW? You will obviously have no problems with it! Mine are original rubber.

My ears pricked up at the Sherman! Who's is that?

This is a Centurion tank obviously!
409f6f0d48df65e9c68fca0aed5be79e.jpg

All the original tanks I've seen are steel inside with a rubber coating about 1 1/2 cm thick around them ......the idea being if the tank was damaged the fuel leaking out reacted with the rubber compound and stopped the fuel or at least reduced it to a weep .
Exactly the same idea as self sealing tanks on aircraft of the time , yours are probably steel inside so will rust if they are original 43 vintage .
The one I have bought is post war French probably ....stainless inner tank still with the self sealing coating around it .
I did start to try and remove the rubber from one of my originals but gave up as it's stuck like sh*t to a blanket .
The Sherman belongs to a very good friend ......not up to me to name him here but there are not many HVSS Sherman's in the UK or indeed at W&P ;-) .
I hope to get down there Thursday or at latest Friday .

Easy 8 looks good, cast hull too.

Screenshot_20190724-212657_YouTube.jpg

My brother did a bit of filming down there.

Halftracks at the War & Peace show

20190727_121518.jpg

20190727_121339.jpg

And one for Grimbo

20190727_132554.jpg

20190727_132536.jpg

Calling any carrier experts. Had a close look at this one. There are several things that appear to be wrong or not supposed to be there. Or are they?????

20190727_153540.jpg

20190727_153157.jpg

20190727_152650.jpg

20190727_152910.jpg

20190727_153048.jpg

20190727_153429.jpg

20190727_153446.jpg

20190727_153517.jpg

Looks like a mortar carrier with a load of wrong bits on it to me. But someone might know differently.

The box on the back is Mk1. I've yet to find a mortar carrier with a box where the mortar is normally stowed. So, maybe the serial number is wrong, meaning it never was a mortar carrier. The rear aerial mount folds down. Never seen this on a carrier. Some of the stowage bins are wrong. The side armour is partially bolted, rather than riveted. Need to find an expert on Mk1 carriers me thinks!

Just a thought, wasn't there a Reccie Carrier! I've seen photos of Cavalry Regts using Carriers. Behind the Drivers Commanders compartment both sides were missing with just seats in the back.

All you need to know about the Mk1 carrier. I learnt quite a bit watching it!

Just a thought, wasn't there a Reccie Carrier! I've seen photos of Cavalry Regts using Carriers. Behind the Drivers Commanders compartment both sides were missing with just seats in the back.
There were several other carriers before the Universal. The scout was one such type.

daz

LE
The box on the back is Mk1. I've yet to find a mortar carrier with a box where the mortar is normally stowed. So, maybe the serial number is wrong, meaning it never was a mortar carrier. The rear aerial mount folds down. Never seen this on a carrier. Some of the stowage bins are wrong. The side armour is partially bolted, rather than riveted. Need to find an expert on Mk1 carriers me thinks!
Try Drive Two for some PDFs on carriers

Back end of a Mk1 mortar carrier BTW

-carriers_edited.jpg

Thanks Daz!

Either the carrier I saw has had a major rework or it never was a mortar carrier.

Latest Threads