Reference Image All Tracked Personnel Carriers & Universal Carrier Pictures here please

IMG_20181013_121038.jpg
IMG_20181013_121046.jpg

Two thousand Italian prisoners march back through Eighth Army lines, led by a Bren gun carrier, in the Tunisian desert, in March 1943. The prisoners were taken outside El-Hamma after their German counterparts pulled out of the town View attachment 349215

Not sure if this one has been posted, Aussies having a cabby

Australian light horse troops in Northern Africa, on January 7, 1941 View attachment 349221
Daz, those Aussie troops in the Carrier, I'm not so sure that their Light Horseman. The reason being, Light Horseman always worn an Emu Feather in their Slouch Hats. The uniforms are rather clean and if they were Horsemen they'd be in their hats. Their extremely proud of their feathers.

Daz, those Aussie troops in the Carrier, I'm not so sure that their Light Horseman. The reason being, Light Horseman always worn an Emu Feather in their Slouch Hats. The uniforms are rather clean and if they were Horsemen they'd be in their hats. Their extremely proud of their feathers.
That was the info that went with the pic..... might be right, might be wrong...wish I could remember where I knicked it from now :)

That was the info that went with the pic..... might be right, might be wrong...wish I could remember where I knicked it from now :)

Not sure how well this will come out

Airfix_Magazine_1970-01_0016.jpg

Airfix_Magazine_1969-12_0019.jpg

On the boat, off the boat

bren-carrier.jpg

bren-carrier3.jpg

bren-carrier-with-wading-gear.jpg

Bren 37mm.jpg
Bute Bren.jpg

More carriers

884.jpg

f2b4.jpg

Carriers 14 (19)-960.jpg

9582b7a2fb9c549e70182a95cb67e175.jpg

Fitness training, the Polish way

Dak31818.jpg

Daft idea or good idea?

Dak32020.jpg
Dak32121.jpg
Dak32222.jpg
Dak32323.jpg

Daft idea or good idea?
More pros than cons, I'd say.
Keeps a lot of the rain and snow out. Reduces grenade risk. Defends against cheese wire. Much safer to drive in urban areas lined with collapsing buildings. Makes use of cam net much more convenient. Provides shade in desert conditions. Reduces risk of decapitation if the Carrier overturns.
Versus
Awkward to debus. Can't use secondary bren.

Now, with front doors, bottom-hinged sides, a cupola, chicken wire and a roll cage...

Last edited:

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
With you on that @putteesinmyhands. Although I would say there isn't too much chance of spotting the odd Stuka or Messerschmidt coming in for a quick how-do-you-do. There was definitely a requirement for AA observation!
That said, the Lloyd Carrier was a decent piece of equipment for dragging the smaller calibre artillery around the battlefield.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
"Boys anti tank rifle" . . . ?!

What calibre?!

What "tanks" ?!
.55in, ok against the occasional panzer 1, lightly armoured vehicles and geriatric bath chairs.

Best way to fire it - remotely, it had a kick worse than an elephant gun!

Became obsolete by the time the panzer iv entered service.

ugly

LE
.55in, ok against the occasional panzer 1, lightly armoured vehicles and geriatric bath chairs.

Best way to fire it - remotely, it had a kick worse than an elephant gun!

Became obsolete by the time the panzer iv entered service.
It was however a capable weapon and the Germans trialled out abandoned ones post Dunkirk. They couldn't get them to shoot straight, we had been a little naughty and bent the barrels before ditching them!