ALL things related to joining up, basic trainning & phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

War Hero
poet said:
Just bit advice for people starting basic soon MAKE SURE U LABEL ALL OF YOUR KIT!!!!!
Sounds like there's a story behind this, you get lumbered with a thieving little scrote?
 

PeoplesPTI

Clanker
Interested to know if anyone knows anyone who has failed the BARB test.
Im often told by ex recruitment sncos that this is very common.
 
fulhamfcben said:
Im looking to join the army but i have asthma is there any advice anyone can give me ive not had to use my inhaler in years will they still decline my application? Also is there a list of run times for specfic jobs??

Thanks
A very late reply but...

Get down to your GP and ask for it to be looked into. If you were diagnosed as a child, but haven't had any attacks/used your inhaler in years, there's a good chance that you were misdiagnosed.
 

Klepto

Clanker
OMG! I have been waiting to find out when I leave for the Recruitment selection only to be called into my local AFCO and told I have 4 days! This has to be a wind up? They said apparently this is normal... can't be right?
 
If there are places available and you're on the list waiting to go then it seems a normal turn of events. What's wrong with going in 4 days time? Are you prepared?
 
E

error_unknown

Guest
Think you can hide away on a sensible thread eh Charlotte? Heh heh!
 

Klepto

Clanker
I am physically, just potentially going to lose my current job because of it.
 
Klepto said:
just potentially going to lose my current job because of it.
so youre going to lose your current job to do another job that youve applied for! and the problem with that is?
 
E

error_unknown

Guest
Maybe he isn't ready to give up being a rent boy just yet Filbert?
 

Klepto

Clanker
Herrenbloke said:
Maybe he isn't ready to give up being a rent boy just yet Filbert?
Not when I have 12inches on man muscle to feed your motherr, no. Can't let her down like you obviously have..

The problem is that I am not guarateed employement with the army just by going to RSC.
 
E

error_unknown

Guest
Yes but you are Guaranteed employment if you pass, you have to take risks in this job young un, its the nature of the beast.
 
is your work going to sack you for going to RSC?
 

Klepto

Clanker
Herrenbloke said:
Yes but you are Guaranteed employment if you pass, you have to take risks in this job young un, its the nature of the beast.
I suppose I'd have to be a total pleb not to pass really..

speaking of "nature of the beast", I think I hear your mother calling.. must dash ;)
 

Rowums

War Hero
Well I'm about to go and catch the train for my interview, I'll let you know how I got on when I get back.
 

Rowums

War Hero
Passed the interview, and am now awaiting my dates for RSC.
 

ben123

Swinger
Well done Rowums, Im in same position been waiting for a date for RSC at Pirbright for the last week.
I'll wait till Friday then give them a call.
Well done mate!
 

Bobba

Crow
gingwarr said:
fulhamfcben said:
Im looking to join the army but i have asthma is there any advice anyone can give me ive not had to use my inhaler in years will they still decline my application? Also is there a list of run times for specfic jobs??

Thanks
A very late reply but...

Get down to your GP and ask for it to be looked into. If you were diagnosed as a child, but haven't had any attacks/used your inhaler in years, there's a good chance that you were misdiagnosed.
An even later one...

Obviously ask your GP and find out when you last had treatment/pescription etc. If it hasn't been for years then you shouldn't have a problem (providing you have grown out of it and aren't asthmatic anymore).

If you do get to the RSC you'll have to do a lung function test though.
 
Bobba said:
gingwarr said:
fulhamfcben said:
Im looking to join the army but i have asthma is there any advice anyone can give me ive not had to use my inhaler in years will they still decline my application? Also is there a list of run times for specfic jobs??

Thanks
A very late reply but...

Get down to your GP and ask for it to be looked into. If you were diagnosed as a child, but haven't had any attacks/used your inhaler in years, there's a good chance that you were misdiagnosed.
An even later one...

Obviously ask your GP and find out when you last had treatment/pescription etc. If it hasn't been for years then you shouldn't have a problem (providing you have grown out of it and aren't asthmatic anymore).

If you do get to the RSC you'll have to do a lung function test though.
Think this question has been asked on the QARANC and RAMC forum, and I'm sure you need to have gone at least three years without using your inhaler.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=26283.html

Edited cause I went to find the link

Sluice
 

curryhead

Old-Salt
Hello again. I've been sent a letter inviting me up to England to continue my application. I have to report to the AFCO in Colchester within three days of landing. What usually happens then? Is it an interview or do they just record your school certificates and fill out documents etc?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
robroy The Intelligence Cell 139
AlienFTM Old & Bold 124
don't tell him pike The NAAFI Bar 177

Latest Threads

Top