ALL things related to joining up, basic trainning & phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

poet

War Hero
Ok back to thread just taken the oath just a tip for every one else dress smart as you went for you interviews also people starting basic would advice dressing smart as well first impressions count! (or you could turn up in shorts and flip flops its up to you :lol: )

poet

War Hero
Ok I know this question been asked million times but cant find any post about it.(and as this is the "proper" broad for it now here goes)

Start basic in 7 days got all the kit they asked me to bring is there any thing else any thing else I should take?

poet

War Hero
Cheers for the link mate.
Doing it at pirbright bit nervous about it but just wnat to get there and get stuck in to it been waiting a while.

Rowums

War Hero
Well good luck. I know how you feel, I'm still waiting for my first interview (should be pretty soon though, as my medical has passed and my second reference has finally been sent back). I'll be doing RSC at Pirbright I think.

Good luck when you have your interview(s), i have had my first interview (very informal nothing to worry about) and have got my second interview next week and hopefully let me know if i'm going to RSC. If i do i'll be going to Pirbright in Jan or Feb.

I had my aptitude interview yesterday and I don't think I'll be starting Phase 1 yet, she won't accept me for Dental Corps until my run is atleast 11.30. The thing that has cheesed me off the most is that I have passed RSC (obviosuly not at 11.30 but I have passed) if she won't take people on due to their time runs then she should heighten the standards of the run times for passing, and save everyone from wasting their time with 500 miles to travel and 10 hours of sitting on a train, just to be told that 'Sorry no, I'm concerened about your run time' She won't take me on because she'll think I'll pick up an injury, which is fair enough I'm just annoyed that I have passed it and it doesn't seem good enough

Now it's just a case of am I willing to wait until March/April time or go in for something else...

I'm also told males and females will be doing Basic seperate because the females are picking up injuries because they're being too competitive against the fellas and some can't handle it, so all females will going to Pirbright. Which I find a real shame.

Rowums

War Hero
Charlotte_Roberts said:
I had my aptitude interview yesterday and I don't think I'll be starting Phase 1 yet, she won't accept me for Dental Corps until my run is atleast 11.30. The thing that has cheesed me off the most is that I have passed RSC (obviosuly not at 11.30 but I have passed) if she won't take people on due to their time runs then she should heighten the standards of the run times for passing, and save everyone from wasting their time with 500 miles to travel and 10 hours of sitting on a train, just to be told that 'Sorry no, I'm concerened about your run time' She won't take me on because she'll think I'll pick up an injury, which is fair enough I'm just annoyed that I have passed it and it doesn't seem good enough

Now it's just a case of am I willing to wait until March/April time or go in for something else...

I'm also told males and females will be doing Basic seperate because the females are picking up injuries because they're being too competitive against the fellas and some can't handle it, so all females will going to Pirbright. Which I find a real shame.
That's just taking the p1ss.

I know. She was looking at my other job choices and completly slagging them off, having a good laugh about me and my job choices with the Staff Sgt, saying they were dull choices, and that she wouldn't have chosen them and that I wouldn't enjoy them. All the while I was thinking, yeah but they're MY f*cking job choices. All I could do was grin and bear it.

Rowums

War Hero
Is there any way you can do a run again (RSC again?) And show that you can do it in 11.30? Shouldn't they have told you before you went to RSC what time you had to get for your job choice?

Yeah I was told it had to be done under 14 minutes, and I did it in under 14 minutes, so I don't see what her gripe is to be honest. Other than she'll think I'll pick up an injury. I don't see why I should have to do it again, I did it in the time that I was told.

Rowums

War Hero
That does seem pretty out of order. I know there was a list of run times for different corps on the Army site, but I can't find it.

poet

War Hero
Charlotte_Roberts said:

Sorry but you should of been told what you needed for rsc when you went to your acio. You said you passed RSC have you taken the oath? because that what I did alfter.... the thing with male and females I can understand to a sense you sound like you had a rougth time but guess you just have to deal with and wait till march/april .If you really wnat that job it is worth the wait :wink: .....I dident get my first job but looking forward to starting basic

DUMB QUESTIION

should i take a suit case to basic or a bag? dont wnat to stand out :D

That's what I'm saying Poet I did the run in the time allowed.

Take something which you will find comfortable carrying and something that will be able to handle all your stuff.

smurf

Swinger
Thats well out of order. Sounds like they are just saying your run was too slow just to cover up another reason why they couldnt let you in like something thats their fault. I dont know but it's still way out of line. I also agree that females and males doing basic training seperate is a shame. Girls tend to b1tch less when guys are around and i hate it when girls start slagging people off for stupid things. Why i've always got on better with guys.

poet

War Hero
Charlotte_Roberts said:
That's what I'm saying Poet I did the run in the time allowed.

Take something which you will find comfortable carrying and something that will be able to handle all your stuff.
Feel comfortbly with my suitcase but dont wnat to look like a dipstick when every one else has a shoulder bag or rucksake. or get shouted at in the first minute by the training staff

Going to turn up in shorts and flip flops any way just so I make a good impression :D

I'm sure you won't be the only one with a suitcase :wink:

I'm not joining the RADC anymore - if she won't take me on now then she won't have me at all. I see it as her loss not mine, have decided on RLC, though which part I don't know. Hoping eventually to do PTI

I've got my interview tomorrow...bit nervous about it really, don't think I have prepared as best as I could have done. Just been reading up on my chosen trade to be honest.

I'm carrying a knee injury, but my strength and physical fitness is ok - just something I need to work on.

Anyone got any tips for the interview? I'm 24, so I've had lots of interviews before, so what I mean is does anyone have any idea of the general things they'll ask you?

b_ollo_cks

Swinger
I'm bricking it about my run time now as well. I have RSC at Lichfield tomorrow and i've been off training for a week with a partial hamstring tear. I can do it in 12 mins on a bad day. If you do well in everything else but have a bad run will they still fail you or to they judge you on an all round basis? please help i'm sh*tting myself!

b_ollo_cks:

It's been 11 years since I joined up and went through recruit selection so there is little in the way of specific advice I can give you. However, you might take heart from this:

It's amazing how many people lop whole minutes off their run times within a few short weeks of starting basic training. Their fitness obviously doesn't improve THAT much in such a short space of time. What does improve significantly is their motivation-levels - it's amazing what a screaming corporal running alongside you can do. A horse will run until it keels over a dies but a human will only put in a certain amount of effort before thinking their heart is going to give out. All this means that, being so close to your RSC, you have one option - and that is to beast yourself over the fitness tests harder than you ever have done before. If you do - and I mean really kill yourself trying - then you'll probably pass. And even if you don't, the staff will notice the effort you're putting in and then you never know - they might cut you some slack or at least give you a good write-up for next time.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
robroy The Intelligence Cell 139
AlienFTM Old & Bold 124
don't tell him pike The NAAFI Bar 177

Latest Threads