All Scouse Meets etc HERE

I've got to go on a week long course to Liverpool next week, I’m staying pretty centrally (Lime Street) and I was wondering if anybody can recommend some places to go for a quiet sherry in the evening time.

Never been to the 'pool before so any advice (i.e. don't take your hubcaps etc) will be gladly received.

Cheers
Issi

well my personal favourite is Wetherspoons opposite St Johns Centre , good price, wide coice of drinks, regular Guest ales slots which changes fairly frequently, foreign, unusual beers on offer and the food is good too, or try LLoyds bar in concert square same company but more funky atmosphere, dance floor Big screens and similar price structure, you could go else where its gets nosier and more pricey if you like that kijnd of thing then go to Mathew Street, packed on a friday and saturday webcam link here Mathew street linky

Next week is too late for Slugs trailing about the place.

You missed your chance.

Is the Why Not still open?

if enough Arrsers live round there about or is nearby perhaps a mini piss up is in order

Why? Revisiting your hubcaps?

msr

Nope but i lost a bit of my car in grantham... lethal speed bump.

Going to visit a friend doing a technical type computery masters at the university.

Thanks for the timely advive folks, had a brilliant week all in all, went to Baby Cream, Revlution, The sports bar and the Dug Out behind Lime St Station, and some other places that I can't remember. Top stuff!

Glad you liked it. As i think the place is a sh1t hole full of the dredge of society and the army is the best thing that ever happened!

I went a few weeks ago and had the VW dust caps nicked of my Beetle....robbing bas*$&ds!!

anywhere round concert square, slater street etc , try the krazyhouse on wood street if ya into somethin different

places to avoid :

THE FUDGE
THE PLEASURE ROOMS
WOODYS

they play scouse house.. scouse house attracts ********** nowdays

shame really coz i used to love going the 051+aquarium back in the day, both closed down now :(

Bad_Crow said:
You drive a beatle??? Serves you right!
I thought most of them were dead?

Dale the snail said:
Only 50% last time I heard!!

Potential said:
Dale the snail said:
Only 50% last time I heard!!
Pots, we are never going to heaven!!!!!!! :cry:

Bad_Crow said:
Glad you liked it. As i think the place is a sh1t hole full of the dredge of society and the army is the best thing that ever happened!
Liverpool is not that bad, no different to most other cities, of course we do have our problems , Bad area, all in all I quite like Liverpool, it does have a charm of its own, the is a big year long party booked for 2008 :),
London is different , you cannot live there, unless you have £millions, very few families, mostly bankers, singlies, Immigrants, Ken Livingstone (Londoners voted for him) I do enjy visiting London for weekenders but to live there Nah.

I have travelled all over the USA and Canada and i have seen some bad spots ...REALLY bad areas, the experiences makes me thankful for living in Gods own country, where else would you be able live in a city and have beautiful countryside in Cheshire, Wirral, Wales, lake district, lots of National Trust and English Heritage properties within 40 minutes drive, direct rail link to London, Scotland is no big stretch either.

gosh I am so lucky :)

Chris_2oo6 said:
anywhere round concert square, slater street etc , try the krazyhouse on wood street if ya into somethin different

shame really coz i used to love going the 051+aquarium back in the day, both closed down now :(
I've been away from Liverpool for 10 years, I was a doorman at the 051 club when I first got out in '93, happy days :D

This is a new thread, to start on a clean slate.

I am willing to take on the job of organising a Late Liverpool Christmas Do, I will recce the location of a suitable bar (price and location) and set up a date for it in January.

I WILL turn up and be there , if you are going please do put your name down, If you are NOT going , don't post as it would just clutter up the thread.

The aim is to get to know each other, make something of an evening, have fun and come away with a few extra friends.