Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

All Roles Now Open To Females

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, its all about the media. If the Army employed people in the same ratios that they exist in the public, it would be harder to call us a sexist or racist or agist organisation, thus putting the government in a good light. Anything tending towards those ratios is positive, and allowing women in GCC is just that.

Sure, but I think there's a big disconnect between that and the idea that this will affect funding. I think the government are concerned about negative media stories concerning certain capabilities being scrapped; I've seen no real evidence that the army's media image enters into the equation particularly.

Sure, but I think there's a big disconnect between that and the idea that this will affect funding. I think the government are concerned about negative media stories concerning certain capabilities being scrapped; I've seen no real evidence that the army's media image enters into the equation particularly.
I equate it to walking into a unit placing board when your bloke is good but has fucked up/said something stupid in front of the RSM. You're one a hiding to nowhere, unless the opposition has fucked up on a greater scale.

You've lost me. Roll back to you TESEX comment, how does that demonstrate why we need an army to the general public?

It doesn't. But if you want to explain the specifics on an issue - such as why women in GCC units is not a good idea, they will be more persuasive.

In my opinion, its all about the media. If the Army employed people in the same ratios that they exist in the public, it would be harder to call us a sexist or racist or agist organisation, thus putting the government in a good light. Anything tending towards those ratios is positive, and allowing women in GCC is just that.

And that's where you make your mistake.

You have no room for compromise but all I want is for you to meet me halfway every time. Accept my reasonable offer and guess where you'll end up.

@QRK2 u ok hun? Only you've been chasing me across the site giving me dumb ratings on all my posts for several years now without once interacting with me, but tonight you seem to have gone off the deep end. Spending your Sunday night trawling through my posts on multiple threads from 6 months ago to give me 14 dumb ratings seems like a cry for help...

My PMs are open if you want to get something off your chest. Or you can just keep being odd. Your call.

Screenshot_20191208-230132.jpg

Last edited:
I was using the lowest form of wit. Anyways, I'm pretty sure a well written OPS trumps your GOR.

Ah, the lowest form of wit usually relates to some form of reality and often contains humour that others pick up on.

Your mentioned Court, I gave an example as to why it's not always clear cut - you mention Ops.

No worries, except a well written OPS will take into account who's doing what and why

Source - as in sample size and reported by who?

Or was it anecdotal evidence of both people asked?

Both people asked ?

Ha ha, You're taking all this a tad seriously aren't you?

Your opinion versus mine - your reasoning versus mine.

Your ego versus mine.

Years of War fighting and Campaigning over the centuries by the British Army versus your theories and dogma?

Meh

Do you think the Army is going to have 50% female ratio anytime soon? No? Then it won't be to hard to call them sexist.

Both people asked ?

Ha ha, You're taking all this a tad seriously aren't you?

Your opinion versus mine - your reasoning versus mine.

Your ego versus mine.

Years of War fighting and Campaigning over the centuries by the British Army versus your theories and dogma?

Meh

What the fcuk are you on about?

Matey boy claimed that most infantry NCOs were happy to have served with females in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I questioned what the source of that claim was.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Do you think the Army is going to have 50% female ratio anytime soon? No? Then it won't be to hard to call them sexist.
We don’t need a 50:50 ratio of men to women, we need to show that we are an equal opportunities employee and that we removing hurdles as we find them, the media like that.

We don’t need a 50:50 ratio of men to women, we need to show that we are an equal opportunities employee and that we removing hurdles as we find them, the media like that.
You said:
If the Army employed people in the same ratios that they exist in the public.
But you actually meant something else.

The media don't give a ****. Did they care about gays being banned? Where was the big media campaign to get women in the infantry?

What the fcuk are you on about?

Matey boy claimed that most infantry NCOs were happy to have served with females in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I questioned what the source of that claim was.

Nothing more. Nothing less.
Okey dokey, must have misread it or got confused with another thread as it seemed that you were pushing a more wimmin izt goot agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.