Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

All Roles Now Open To Females

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, 50% of the country are female, female empowerment, Conservatives want the female vote, there isn't a genuine media outlet that would risk coming across as sexist, MOD keen to remove that chink from its armour?

What, like the BBC?

who pay their female presenters less than the males?

and yet the majority of infantry sncos don’t really care that much about women serving next to them having done TELICs and HERRICKS alongside women.
They care about double standards. They question women’s ability but once the women prove themselves they tend not to care. If the women prove incapable then they do, as they would with any soldier not worth their salt.

Source?

Depends one the day of the week.

It depends on what sells...

On a serious note though, you'll tend to find that SNCOs are used for the reasons quoted and, if you think back to Bad Lads Army and its variants, not to mention Army documentaries various, it's very easy to see why. Captain Chinless-Wonder can't begin to compete with Sergeant Beenthere-Donethat in terms of viewer approval.

It depends on what sells...

On a serious note though, you'll tend to find that SNCOs are used for the reasons quoted and, if you think back to Bad Lads Army and its variants, not to mention Army documentaries various, it's very easy to see why. Captain Chinless-Wonder can't begin to compete with Sergeant Beenthere-Donethat in terms of viewer approval.
To be fair I can't see either doing well against the likes of Andrew Neil. I can see MCS putting up a good fight, as long as he hasn't chosen to wing it on the day.

To be fair I can't see either doing well against the likes of Andrew Neil. I can see MCS putting up a good fight, as long as he hasn't chosen to wing it on the day.

You're thinking in the wrong terms.

Give Andrew Neil a three minute interview during a TESEX serial break and an SNCO would leave him with nowhere to go (I also don't think that the likes of Andrew Neil are the problem).

You're thinking in the wrong terms.

Give Andrew Neil a three minute interview during a TESEX serial break and an SNCO would leave him with nowhere to go (I also don't think that the likes of Andrew Neil are the problem).
In justifying why need an Army, as opposed to a better funded NHS or schools?

What, like the BBC?

who pay their female presenters less than the males?

.. and who have pushed their agenda to let women commentate on predominantly male sports without a recipial deal.

Their tonal projection, shrieking and wrong empathize on some parts of the action is farcical

That'll stand up in court...

Why would it go to court?.. and in some scenarios, those things that I mentioned are considered in Court - but you knew that?

Genuine occupational requirement. The law allows employers to make limited exceptions to the principle of non-discrimination where the job has genuine occupational requirements (GORs). These requirements relate to characteristics which although protected are necessary for the job under consideration.

Last edited:
Why would it go to court?.. and in some scenarios, those things that I mentioned are considered in Court - but you knew that?

Genuine occupational requirement. The law allows employers to make limited exceptions to the principle of non-discrimination where the job has genuine occupational requirements (GORs). These requirements relate to characteristics which although protected are necessary for the job under consideration.
I was using the lowest form of wit. Anyways, I'm pretty sure a well written OPS trumps your GOR.

It's impossible to help anyone dumb enough to allow the discussion to be framed in those terms.

In fairness it's an argument that can always be made, and often is. It's the government's job to articulate why any given spend needs to happen rather than 100% of government spending going on more nurses. Defence is way ahead of some other areas in this regard: the FCO has a hell of a job articulating why it should exist and they've seen massive funding cuts in recent years. I imagine the arts council has similar challenges.

I think what's missing from @Kroneit44's argument is an explanation about why the inclusion of women in the combat arms makes any material difference to that argument. I don't think it does. I'd guess that 95%+ of the public have never thought about the inclusion, or otherwise, of women in GCC.

I think what's missing from @Kroneit44's argument is an explanation about why the inclusion of women in the combat arms makes any material difference to that argument. I don't think it does. I'd guess that 95%+ of the public have never thought about the inclusion, or otherwise, of women in GCC.
In my opinion, its all about the media. If the Army employed people in the same ratios that they exist in the public, it would be harder to call us a sexist or racist or agist organisation, thus putting the government in a good light. Anything tending towards those ratios is positive, and allowing women in GCC is just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.