All Roles Now Open To Females

There’s one industry that is almost entirely male and no one seems to even want equality - the binmen. You can even say binman and the sort of person who’ll bite your head off for policeman or fireman won’t even blink.
Not true, women on the bins down here, she's the driver now, but she did empty bins
she got promoted:)

Had a look at these just now. Still not that impressed with the tests to be honest. The half bar pull up, what's that all about. Here is what it says.

Standing in front of a bar set to mid-thigh height, you'll be asked to pull the bar upwards for 5 seconds, then rest and repeat. Your best score of the two attempts will count. You must pull 46 units or more to meet the lowest soldier entry standard, although some trades will need a higher score. Your score will be taken from the best of your two attempts.

Why test your mid-thigh pull?

This test measures your lower-body strength. In the Army, you need lower body strength for many every day military tasks.

Yeah, like kicking the arse of those who can't keep up on the runs :frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

The land army has the potential to be deployed anywhere on planet earth, every army trade has to undergo basic training that includes basic Inf skills. Why would that be the case if there was no need for some of those trades to be in the frame to be deployed OOA in a place where some people might be shooting at them. I would hope that all trades get the pressure put on them in various training scenarios that puts them under pressure to preform when the shit hits the fan. Running a given distance in a given time is a good way of gauging fitness, a mile an a half is a s good as anything in that regard, at 59 I can still run that distance in the required time, its not difficult.
Does the SA80 have a range of a mile and a half??:cool:

There’s one industry that is almost entirely male and no one seems to even want equality - the binmen. You can even say binman and the sort of person who’ll bite your head off for policeman or fireman won’t even blink.
Not true, women on the bins down here, she's the driver now, but she did empty bins she got promoted:)
ETR double tap.

Down our way, Wiltshire, there are women on the bins as well, none seen driving yet.

Last edited:
Binmen, coal miners, motorway workers, builders all suffer from a shortage of female workers. Not many campaigns to improve the stats.

Binmen, coal miners, motorway workers, builders all suffer from a shortage of female workers. Not many campaigns to improve the stats.
Only concerned with public servants as money making isn't a metric. I suspect that binmen can be hidden as council workers, the majority of which are admin thus have more than their fair share of women.

Assuming you aren't just playing the thick twat for a wind-up, PPE weighs around 45lb. A single length of charged hose can weigh 200lb. The average male casualty in the UK will weigh 185lb and the average female will weigh 155lb, dead weight. Strength is and always will be a huge factor in structural firefighting.
How many on here would be prepared to see P company, the fan dance or 5 miles of death changed to tick boxes, yet it seems acceptable to change fire and police standards to suit.

Only concerned with public servants as money making isn't a metric. I suspect that binmen can be hidden as council workers, the majority of which are admin thus have more than their fair share of women.
Do you make excuses for everything?

The same moron who stated she hadn't had any training in dealing with high-rise fires such as Grenfell, completely ignoring the reality that it was her responsibility to ensure all potential events were identified, risk-assessed and training subsequently put in place to mitigate such risk. What is it with these over-promoted women.
Why would you train for something that the design of the building was supposed to make impossible except for the addition of flammable cladding and the freak likelihood that it was ignited from inside the flat.

Set against swingeing government cuts.
Nothing to do with her gender.

Are you seriously stating that if the head of London’s fire service had been male, then the outcome would have been different?

And when do we fit that in? I can’t name a unit that isn’t running hot as we speak. And what happens if we break my operationally effective Cyber bloke? Well I know the answer, the RAF will pinch the PID.
Your unit, doesn’t strike me as being particularly representative of the bulk of the field army.
Arduous and cohesive war fighting training isn’t a nice to have, it’s the basis of any army.

I’m genuinely perplexed by the obsession with diversity in the public sector. What are the measurable benefits? Does it make the Police better at preventing and detecting crime? Or the fire service better at fighting fires? Will it make the forces better at war fighting? Funnily enough you don’t see road construction companies for example pushing it as one of their most important goals.
Speak to the politicians and pressure groups that forced it onto us.

Your unit, doesn’t strike me as being particularly representative of the bulk of the field army.
Arduous and cohesive war fighting training isn’t a nice to have, it’s the basis of any army.
Possibly a Corps issue, we barely have enough manpower to conduct shakeout exercises prior to delivering comms (that must work or the exercise fails) for the higher formations. 3 Div spent months in the states setting up to support days of Staff activity. We do plenty of battle camps but we lose out on comms training which is now woeful, probably because all our officers fundamental training was based on an infantry concept.

Why would you train for something that the design of the building was supposed to make impossible except for the addition of flammable cladding and the freak likelihood that it was ignited from inside the flat.

Set against swingeing government cuts.
Nothing to do with her gender.

Are you seriously stating that if the head of London’s fire service had been male, then the outcome would have been different?
There's not a building in UK that is entirely fire proof. And I havent stated anything about gender outcomes. It was her responsibility to plan for high-risk/low probability events - and it appears there was no plan. The Metroploitan Masonic Charity is, as we speak, raising funds to purchase equipment, for the LFB, to tackle events similar to Grenfell - pity the head of the LFB chose to prioritise elsewhere - it's not as if London has many high-rise buildings.

Last edited:
There's not a building in UK that is entirely fire proof. And I havent stated anything about gender outcomes. It was her responsibility to plan for high-risk/low probability events - and it appears there was no plan. The Metroploitan Masonic Charity is, as we speak, raising funds to purchase equipment, for the LFB, to tackle events similar to Grenfell - pity the head of the LFB chose to prioritise elsewhere - it's not as if London has many high-rise buildings.
What capability did her predecessor leave for the use of?

Latest Threads