All Roles Now Open To Females

Just to throw a curveball in, is this not about expectations. If our fire crew is 10% weaker across the board and we factor that in to all planning and decision making then what’s the problem?
Why would you deliberately factor in a fault that could be avoided by maintaining a standard that is achievable by the averagely fit person ?
On that note its worth saying that there are many civilians who work in very sedentary environments who can maintain a well above average fitness level. I have a friend staying with me right now who is 2.5 years older than me, I'm 59 & he is an excellent runner putting in a 25 min 5k x country, he has spent his entire working life in an office.

Here's a parallel that I've mentioned before.

I was a Met PC. During training and on division, WPCs and PCs are trained and employed equally, or so you'd think.

The phys times and requirements were completely different. On a bleep test, a 40 year old PC would have to score significantly higher than an 18 year old WPC. WPCs do press ups with knees on the floor and have to be able to do far less. This inequality is reflected across the board.

And even then, quite a few WPCs did not meet the basic phys requirements to join training school, but were allowed to on the proviso that they met the requirements by the end of their 20 weeks at training school. Many didn't but were still allowed to pass out.

The differences became the subject of complaint, but instead of ensuring that WPCs could meet the male standard, they instead lowered the PCs requirements to be the same as WPCs.

Now, most of those WPCs make excellent police officers, and definitely bring a different and much valued dimention to policing. However, one thing has to be considered...however good a WPC or for that matter, a PC is, at some point during their careers, they are going to have to go toe to toe with some horrible fooker that wants to kill them, and as we all know, that's a fight you really can't afford to lose.

I fear the same equation will eventually seep into the military. Female recruits will never be able to accurately reflect wider society and be supplying about 50% of all arms within the armed services (or RAF ^^). Those that do meet the requirement, will be at the same level as an elite athlete and then probably be about average when compared to the average Rfn.

This is not a social experiment merely for the appeasement of the liberal left. It's not unreasonable that at some point during that female Rfn's career, she'll be having to fix swords and go toe to toe with an enemy. That may end badly, not just for her, but also her battle partner, her section, her platoon etc etc.
It'll have gone badly wrong before anyone goes toe to toe with the enemy, largely because the more physically powerful males will get fed up with having to do a disproportionate share of the donkey work, particularly when a unit has to dig in for real against a peer opponent.

Prevent their promotion. Apply for their discharge if necessary. Ban them from all sports and AT. Make them go on every exercise even if they helping the chefs do the pan bash. Put them on remedial/rehab
You watch how fast the fat biff cnuts Make a miraculous recovery.
Or just don't bother, keep coming up with **** excuse and wonder why we have so many fat cnuts.
I haven’t been in an organisation that goes on exercise since 2011, only ones that deploy to deliver a capability. I write my SJARs honestly so that one is out the window. I’ve never seen a unit that doesn’t handle PFA failures. If someone is allowed to do sports and AT by the Medcen, why should I prevent them from going?

You seem rather relaxed about a completely unnecessary loss of capability. Do the fires get 10% less intense in your scenario?
Whilst not an SME, I have been a fireman on a civilian airfield so have a very minor insight to the job. Whilst the weight of water isn’t going to change the weight of PPE, tools and equipment can change and as long as the tests are suitable I can’t see why a reduction in crew strength is an insurmountable issue.

I haven’t been in an organisation that goes on exercise since 2011, only ones that deploy to deliver a capability. I write my SJARs honestly so that one is out the window. I’ve never seen a unit that doesn’t handle PFA failures. If someone is allowed to do sports and AT by the Medcen, why should I prevent them from going?
To encourage them to get of their fat arse and be fit again. I cant ******* believe I need to tell someone that.

Why would you deliberately factor in a fault that could be avoided by maintaining a standard that is achievable by the averagely fit person ?
On that note its worth saying that there are many civilians who work in very sedentary environments who can maintain a well above average fitness level. I have a friend staying with me right now who is 2.5 years older than me, I'm 59 & he is an excellent runner putting in a 25 min 5k x country, he has spent his entire working life in an office.
What are you talking about? How is having a woman or women on a fire crew creating a fault? Are you under the impression that I’m pro positive discrimination?

Whilst not an SME, I have been a fireman on a civilian airfield so have a very minor insight to the job. Whilst the weight of water isn’t going to change the weight of PPE, tools and equipment can change and as long as the tests are suitable I can’t see why a reduction in crew strength is an insurmountable issue.
Mate, you haven't got a scooby.

It's not as if modern materials burn faster and hotter than ever, is it?
They do - a reason why those fighting them need to be as physically robust and aggressive as possible. Lowering standards to accommodate weak specimens is building in failure.

So someone that’s does what I need them to do ie deploy, do duties but is overweight or MLD gets discriminated against for that? Never, and I’d die on my sword over that.
Deploy where? Its highly unlikely a fat MLD **** will be able to even man the guard towers in Bastion.

How are MLD discriminated against if they cant do sports? Do you discriminate against fit people when you give them a shit job but allow the fat **** a free pass?

So someone that’s does what I need them to do ie deploy, do duties but is overweight or MLD gets discriminated against for that? Never, and I’d die on my sword over that.
...but you're happy to discriminate against those that do meet all the required standards.

Deploy where? Its highly unlikely a fat MLD **** will be able to even man the guard towers in Bastion.

How are MLD discriminated against if they cant do sports? Do you discriminate against fit people when you give them a shit job but allow the fat **** a free pass?
What has fatness got to do with anything? Also MLD has never stopped me deploying or doing duties, so why should it prevent me from enjoying what the Army has to offer?

What has fatness got to do with anything? Also MLD has never stopped me deploying or doing duties, so why should it prevent me from enjoying what the Army has to offer?
Because you said overweight, I assume you meant fat. Most MLD are limited, the clue is in the name.

And that was about strength how?
Assuming you aren't just playing the thick twat for a wind-up, PPE weighs around 45lb. A single length of charged hose can weigh 200lb. The average male casualty in the UK will weigh 185lb and the average female will weigh 155lb, dead weight. Strength is and always will be a huge factor in structural firefighting.

Latest Threads