Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

All Roles Now Open To Females

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Brecon was sending out course joining instructions which indicated that troops should expect to operate with belt order of 35lbs minimum. Which rather tends to indicate that a lot of "the rest of the Army" wasn't training to that standard on a permanent basis...

I was Signals & our SOP CEFO had to weigh 36lbs.

Nearly pulled my shoulder getting it in the cab..... ;)

You could ask around, after all it is the R Sigs section of the recruitment area. One strange thing is the job titles change when you follow the links from the main page.

The Royal Signals have recently re-branded. I believe, the main Army Website is still showing the old trade names. The Army Jobs site is showing the new roles which have 'sexy' titles such as Cyber as a prefix! Although I am not sure 'supply Chain Operative' will have them queuing around the block :)

I would also suggest that their new STRAP line of "The Vital Link" would be rather more apt if it was "The Missing Link" ^~

The Royal Signals have recently re-branded. I believe, the main Army Website is still showing the old trade names. The Army Jobs site is showing the new roles which have 'sexy' titles such as Cyber as a prefix! Although I am not sure 'supply Chain Operative' will have them queuing around the block :)

I would also suggest that their new STRAP line of "The Vital Link" would be rather more apt if it was "The Missing Link" ^~
Another barrier to recruitment efficiency?

That looks suspiciously like an article that was circulating around twitter a month or so ago, suggesting that the British Army were shortly to do something similar. That one was shut down fairly sharpish by the relevant Lt.Gen pointing out that he'd been at the meetings where this was supposed to have been discussed, and that it was bollocks.

Somewhere, probably in a troll farm in St. Petersburg, or someone's mum's basement in the Midwest, or even in the bowels of the Sun / Daily Mail, there's a sweaty bloke thinking:

"What can I invent, then push out onto the web, that will inspire hatred and fear, perhaps make grumpy and gullible old ex-squaddies bite through their own jaws in fury?"

Hook, line, and sinker... every. single. f***ing. time.

Edited to add - looks like the RNZN part is actually genuine...

The diversity juggernaut is unstopabal & you know it & any senior rank who puts is head above the parapet will have it cut clean off. This madness will go on & on, regressing the once fair & neutral armed forces who always gave people the chance to rise to the very top regardless of who you were. This is a terror tactic that see's anyone who resists the drive towards compleat diversity in whatver shape it takes as a facist & must be eliminated. All the GCC units have to do is stick to their standards & this will reduce the chances of such individuals getting into their ranks.

This madness will go on & on, regressing the once fair & neutral armed forces who always gave people the chance to rise to the very top regardless of who you were.

Unless, of course you were gay. Or female. But hey, you obviously don't think that they matter.

This is a terror tactic that see's anyone who resists the drive towards compleat diversity in whatver shape it takes as a facist & must be eliminated.

What. with horrifying statements like "we don't care who you sleep with, or what's between your legs. We do care how well you do your job and whether you look out for your mates"?

How Very Dare THey! IT AM FACIST TERROR thEy wiLL COMe foR YOU nexT! ThERe aRE swARMSof IMiGRANZ wiL force us in2 SHARIA LAW!

How about we agree to make military roles gender free the day after we combine male and female professional sport, making everyone have a level playing field.

I suspect we'd be waiting a long time though.

What. with horrifying statements like "we don't care who you sleep with, or what's between your legs. We do care how well you do your job and whether you look out for your mates"?

They tend to care more if you are black/brown/gay/Muslim or some other minority and they can take a photo with you to show how right on and trendy they are.

True. But then, I've got a Gunner friend who responds to terribly warry 29 Cdo / 7 Para RHA pictures of a Light Gun halfway up a mountain, by asking "so... how are the trucks going to get its ammo to it? If not, what's the point?"
Very good question, you can always do something extreme once in peacetime to prove you can but actually doing the same in a combat environment often looks a bit tactically stupid. Even if you can get the ammo to it, all those super fit blokes running up and down the hill with the shells in the kit, the gun is stuck out like a spare pr*ck at a wedding.

It's the same principle as gold plating equipment design, another pointless activity we engage in 'because we can', without thought of the bigger picture.

Unless, of course you were gay. Or female. But hey, you obviously don't think that they matter.

How Very Dare THey! IT AM FACIST TERROR thEy wiLL COMe foR YOU nexT! ThERe aRE swARMSof IMiGRANZ wiL force us in2 SHARIA LAW!

Well you might jest but the reality is that.

A, Diversity has no end to it in our current cultuer.

B. How do you create cohesion among such diversity.

I'm sure the roman army had some strange amalgams of diversity, but at the end of they day they wore the same kit & came under the same draconian rules as well as being trained & treated the same. In our new world order its beginning to be an anything goes situation that is getting harder to control.

Last edited:
That looks suspiciously like an article that was circulating around twitter a month or so ago, suggesting that the British Army were shortly to do something similar. That one was shut down fairly sharpish by the relevant Lt.Gen pointing out that he'd been at the meetings where this was supposed to have been discussed, and that it was bollocks.

Somewhere, probably in a troll farm in St. Petersburg, or someone's mum's basement in the Midwest, or even in the bowels of the Sun / Daily Mail, there's a sweaty bloke thinking:

"What can I invent, then push out onto the web, that will inspire hatred and fear, perhaps make grumpy and gullible old ex-squaddies bite through their own jaws in fury?"

Hook, line, and sinker... every. single. f***ing. time.

Edited to add - looks like the RNZN part is actually genuine...

You could go on twitter and invent a character, and call it, oh I dont know. Something like Bravado X2
@Bravado_Bravado

How about we agree to make military roles gender free the day after we combine male and female professional sport, making everyone have a level playing field.

So... why do professional boxers and MMA fighters have different weight divisions? Obviously, it's proof that lightweights or shortarses can't cope with a level playing field, they should be banned from fighting if they can't cope...

Male and female professional sports have to fill a squad of 30 at international level, so they can pick mutants at the edge of the distribution curve. They don't have to fill an infantry of 20,000.

I suspect we'd be waiting a long time though.
It's already happening with men saying they are women, not quite what Women's Lib envisaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.