All Roles Now Open To Females

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you now saying that Joe Public determines the threat?

Absolute moon howling fcukwittery.
The public holds the vote, they put the MPs into parliament, the public aren't interested in tanks, guns or soldiers, they want jobs, a health service, schools and a social security backstop, so in essence they decide what the threat that money will go towards will be. Vote one way, you might kiss goodbye to Trident, another and we might sustain our MBT fleet.

The card they have to play is that there is no sustainable case for women in GCC roles and no politician in the world is going to go up against grizzled NCOs and lower saying otherwise.

If you want to make a persuasive public case for the Army with the general public, don't use officers to articulate it.
Really? How does an NCO know what the requirement for an Army is? I'll rephrase that, how is an NCO going to make a more persuasive case for the Army than even the shittest politician?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Really? How does an NCO know what the requirement for an Army is? I'll rephrase that, how is an NCO going to make a more persuasive case for the Army than even the shittest politician?
Largely because any trendy lefty, ultra smug, middle class interviewer is likely to be faced with a genuine member of the working class, speaking with an authentic voice and exuding unspoken physical menace - a proven combination for keeping them reasonably honest.

The public holds the vote, they put the MPs into parliament, the public aren't interested in tanks, guns or soldiers, they want jobs, a health service, schools and a social security backstop, so in essence they decide what the threat that money will go towards will be. Vote one way, you might kiss goodbye to Trident, another and we might sustain our MBT fleet.
If the public aren't interested in tanks, guns or soldiers why would having women in the infantry make any difference?

Largely because any trendy lefty, ultra smug, middle class interviewer is likely to be faced with a genuine member of the working class, speaking with an authentic voice and exuding unspoken physical menace - a proven combination for keeping them reasonably honest.
Agreed, a tactic that worked really well for Tommy Robinson....oh

and yet the majority of infantry sncos don’t really care that much about women serving next to them having done TELICs and HERRICKS alongside women.
They care about double standards. They question women’s ability but once the women prove themselves they tend not to care. If the women prove incapable then they do, as they would with any soldier not worth their salt.

If the public aren't interested in tanks, guns or soldiers why would having women in the infantry make any difference?
I don't know, 50% of the country are female, female empowerment, Conservatives want the female vote, there isn't a genuine media outlet that would risk coming across as sexist, MOD keen to remove that chink from its armour?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
and yet the majority of infantry sncos don’t really care that much about women serving next to them having done TELICs and HERRICKS alongside women.
They care about double standards. They question women’s ability but once the women prove themselves they tend not to care. If the women prove incapable then they do, as they would with any soldier not worth their salt.
If you say so. Personally, I've yet to meet a HERRIC or TELIC veteran who was that delusional about where their efforts ranked in the scale of British infantry derring-do since 1914. Ishtar was the exception but then I never met her - thank God.

I don't know, 50% of the country are female, female empowerment, Conservatives want the female vote, there isn't a genuine media outlet that would risk coming across as sexist, MOD keen to remove that chink from its armour?
What, like the BBC?

who pay their female presenters less than the males?

Source?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Depends one the day of the week.
It depends on what sells...

On a serious note though, you'll tend to find that SNCOs are used for the reasons quoted and, if you think back to Bad Lads Army and its variants, not to mention Army documentaries various, it's very easy to see why. Captain Chinless-Wonder can't begin to compete with Sergeant Beenthere-Donethat in terms of viewer approval.

It depends on what sells...

On a serious note though, you'll tend to find that SNCOs are used for the reasons quoted and, if you think back to Bad Lads Army and its variants, not to mention Army documentaries various, it's very easy to see why. Captain Chinless-Wonder can't begin to compete with Sergeant Beenthere-Donethat in terms of viewer approval.
To be fair I can't see either doing well against the likes of Andrew Neil. I can see MCS putting up a good fight, as long as he hasn't chosen to wing it on the day.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
To be fair I can't see either doing well against the likes of Andrew Neil. I can see MCS putting up a good fight, as long as he hasn't chosen to wing it on the day.
You're thinking in the wrong terms.

Give Andrew Neil a three minute interview during a TESEX serial break and an SNCO would leave him with nowhere to go (I also don't think that the likes of Andrew Neil are the problem).

You're thinking in the wrong terms.

Give Andrew Neil a three minute interview during a TESEX serial break and an SNCO would leave him with nowhere to go (I also don't think that the likes of Andrew Neil are the problem).
In justifying why need an Army, as opposed to a better funded NHS or schools?

What, like the BBC?

who pay their female presenters less than the males?
.. and who have pushed their agenda to let women commentate on predominantly male sports without a recipial deal.

Their tonal projection, shrieking and wrong empathize on some parts of the action is farcical

That'll stand up in court...
Why would it go to court?.. and in some scenarios, those things that I mentioned are considered in Court - but you knew that?

Genuine occupational requirement. The law allows employers to make limited exceptions to the principle of non-discrimination where the job has genuine occupational requirements (GORs). These requirements relate to characteristics which although protected are necessary for the job under consideration.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads