All Roles Now Open To Females

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get the link to work on my phone but Google "army target 15% females 2020" and it should be the first hit.
Of course someone will be blamed unless they are seen to be doing something about it.
Seen, I still don't think anyone will get the blame, as we are being seen to do "something". I like the lack of ambition in the 15% intake number, as opposed to say 5% across the board.

Unfortunately though, people risking their lives need to have confidence that military decisions are made for broadly military reasons. This sort of nonsense simply destroys trust; the CoC will be horribly complicit and its credibility will suffer.
Anyone that believes that after 2 years service is a mug. As soon as you go up the chain you realise there are some decisions you can affect, ie don't fight the white, especially when they're governmental(?).

Seen, I still don't think anyone will get the blame, as we are being seen to do "something". I like the lack of ambition in the 15% intake number, as opposed to say 5% across the board.
They need to be seen to be doing more. Like lowering standards for example.

Anyone that believes that after 2 years service is a mug. As soon as you go up the chain you realise there are some decisions you can affect, ie don't fight the white, especially when they're governmental(?).
Not really in line with moral courage or values and standards is it?

Not really in line with moral courage or values and standards is it?
I don't know, show too much moral courage at that level and you'll be cheeryo'd. At which point the next willing volunteer will step in with the right opinion.
Far better to work against the system from the inside, and you get to keep your job.

I don't know, show too much moral courage at that level and you'll be cheeryo'd. At which point the next willing volunteer will step in with the right opinion.
Far better to work against the system from the inside, and you get to keep your job.
If senior officers are going to preach about moral courage then they really should stand by them. They certainly remember what is wrong when they leave and need to sell a book.
Judging by the state of the Armed forces its doesnt look like there is a lot of work against the system happening.

That was very unpleasant, to say the least. I think the girl will not gob off again, but the leatherneck seemed to enjoy that.

Yep, and why shouldn't he?

He's possibly been forced to attend too many equality and diversity lectures chaired by a women or someone who identifies as one, and forced to listen to someone repeatedly tell him that all white men are basically Cnuts - that's why we always went in harder on women when playing mixed five a side ...... their fault, they should have let us join their wrestling team ;-)

Last edited:
If senior officers are going to preach about moral courage then they really should stand by them. They certainly remember what is wrong when they leave and need to sell a book.
Judging by the state of the Armed forces its doesnt look like there is a lot of work against the system happening.
1. You have no idea what’s happening behind closed doors.
2. This isn’t a question of moral courage, this is about demonstrating that we are an adaptive and evolving organisation when there isn’t a threat ie need for an Army.
3. I wholeheartedly agree that we are in shit state, but a handful of women in the Infantry isn’t an indicator or that, and it isn’t going to make it worse either. In fact it might just help (see point 1) when we want more money fm the treasury.

1. You have no idea what’s happening behind closed doors.
2. This isn’t a question of moral courage, this is about demonstrating that we are an adaptive and evolving organisation when there isn’t a threat ie need for an Army.
3. I wholeheartedly agree that we are in shit state, but a handful of women in the Infantry isn’t an indicator or that, and it isn’t going to make it worse either. In fact it might just help (see point 1) when we want more money fm the treasury.
1, Not a lot by the looks of it, especially after senior officers "remember" what is wrong after they leave.
2, It is a question of moral courage, if they want to gob off that a young tom should have the moral courage to do what is right, then they should do the same.
3, Women in the infantry isnt the only indicator, but it is one (and it is possible it will make it worse) but its still an indicator. The Army cant even give its soldiers their own rooms yet find money for diversity shit whether its women in the army, cultural days, gay pride or some other bollocks that ticks a box but doesnt actually do much for the welfare of the soldiers. The idea that the treasury might gives the army more money because its got X amount of minority and not because it improves the Army is something the senior officers should be complaining about.

1, Not a lot by the looks of it, especially after senior officers "remember" what is wrong after they leave.
2, It is a question of moral courage, if they want to gob off that a young tom should have the moral courage to do what is right, then they should do the same.
3, Women in the infantry isnt the only indicator, but it is one (and it is possible it will make it worse) but its still an indicator. The Army cant even give its soldiers their own rooms yet find money for diversity shit whether its women in the army, cultural days, gay pride or some other bollocks that ticks a box but doesnt actually do much for the welfare of the soldiers. The idea that the treasury might gives the army more money because its got X amount of minority and not because it improves the Army is something the senior officers should be complaining about.
There’s lots of expressions that are apt here, and making the best of a bad situation is on of them. The 3/4 stars can kick off to their hearts content, if a Ministerial edict has been made they cannot change anything, one of the reasons we’re almost out of Germany with the Russians massing forces on our doorstep. Resigning your commission or getting removed from post is not going to help anyone, especially the 80,000 below you.

There’s lots of expressions that are apt here, and making the best of a bad situation is on of them. The 3/4 stars can kick off to their hearts content, if a Ministerial edict has been made they cannot change anything, one of the reasons we’re almost out of Germany with the Russians massing forces on our doorstep. Resigning your commission or getting removed from post is not going to help anyone, especially the 80,000 below you.
And that why numbers and standards have declined so much.

The 3/4 star can kick off and then when there is an outrage story about soldiers being treated like shit, they can rightly point out they brought up those concerns and the Government did **** all about it.
Going with the flow certainly isnt helping is it? Although its a good justification for continuing to get paid while shafting your lads.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
There are lots of ways to handle politicians but rolling over isn't one of them.

You just said there was no threat.

Now you're saying there is?

You just said there was no threat.

Now you're saying there is?
If you ask joe public what they think the threat is, and if there is one, do you think they’d say Russia and we want some decent artillery? Even after the RUSI buzz last week the majority are only interested in getting through Brexit...in my I’ll informed opinion.

And that why numbers and standards have declined so much.

The 3/4 star can kick off and then when there is an outrage story about soldiers being treated like shit, they can rightly point out they brought up those concerns and the Government did **** all about it.
Going with the flow certainly isnt helping is it? Although its a good justification for continuing to get paid while shafting your lads.
How do you actually see that scenario panning out? Whom is kicking off with whom(?), and what impact will it have?

How do you actually see that scenario panning out? Whom is kicking off with whom(?), and what impact will it have?
The senior officers with the Government.

A bigger impact than is what is happening at the moment.

Yes men are corrosive in any organisation

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
What cards do they have to play? And if they have any is it work burning them rejecting a handful of women in the Infantry?
The card they have to play is that there is no sustainable case for women in GCC roles and no politician in the world is going to go up against grizzled NCOs and lower saying otherwise.

If you want to make a persuasive public case for the Army with the general public, don't use officers to articulate it.

If you ask joe public what they think the threat is, and if there is one, do you think they’d say Russia and we want some decent artillery? Even after the RUSI buzz last week the majority are only interested in getting through Brexit...in my I’ll informed opinion.
Are you now saying that Joe Public determines the threat?

Absolute moon howling fcukwittery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads