All Roles Now Open To Females

so are you saying, some do not meet the standard required to be a GCC soldier, but some could?
I was answering you.
Perhaps a few could, a lot more could if you either lower or ignore the standard required.

A woman can stab someone untill the cows come home no dramas, it will be a differnt outcome when that man she is facing is determined not to let her do that. Look we could go around this all day, but the bottom line is no matter how good a female is she will come off second best against a man in a fight to the death in the situations we are talking about.
can you tell Ronda Rousey to her face she will always come off second best against any man please.

and Sam Briggs

I was answering you.
Perhaps a few could, a lot more could if you either lower or ignore the standard required.
Well, if we agree the standard required is there for a reason, how about not lowering it or ignoring and only accepting those that can do the job.

Generally because the majority of those serving females have zero aggression.
What, after I was raised on warnings "never try to chat up a cute truckie in a Rheindahlen nightclub, her girlfriend might get violent"? How have the standards of the former RCT fallen?

I have witnessed female soldiers stabbing a sandbag, in some cases I think the sandbag won.
Again, not all of them, but a considerable majority of them.
I watched one of our teenage medical students* do the prone phase of a bayonet lane; went absolutely f***ing Tonto on the inner thighs / groin of the target. Positively... furious, real "maximum violence, minimum time" stuff. As she pointed out, it was closer to her, and she was aiming for the femoral artery - "he'll bleed out in seconds"...

...I think the Sergeant-Major acting as DS, had crossed his legs slightly as he watched.

* She's an Army Doctor these days...

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
What, after I was raised on warnings "never try to chat up a cute truckie in a Rheindahlen nightclub, her girlfriend might get violent"? How have the standards of the former RCT fallen?

I watched one of our teenage medical students* do the prone phase of a bayonet lane; went absolutely f***ing Tonto on the inner thighs / groin of the target. Positively... furious, real "maximum violence, minimum time" stuff. As she pointed out, it was closer to her, and she was aiming for the femoral artery - "he'll bleed out in seconds"...

...I think the Sergeant-Major acting as DS, had crossed his legs slightly as he watched.

I know a couple of female Army doctors like that. Lovely women.

Yeah great, we can all point towards one woman and say she is good at boxing/bayoneting/mil skills etc, the majority arent, thats why the majority dont.

Well, if we agree the standard required is there for a reason, how about not lowering it or ignoring and only accepting those that can do the job.

If you want a cheap laugh try watching females get over a 6 foot wall without help. Used to be part of the CFT at the end, quietly dropped a few years ago.
The new and improved PFT is a much easier test for both males and females, but it is equal.

can you tell Ronda Rousey to her face she will always come off second best against any man please.

and Sam Briggs
Weak argument, the part of the bell curve they sit is exceptionally thin. See where the best female athletes sit compared to their male counterparts, RR wouldn’t have been on TV let alone UFC.

Weak argument, the part of the bell curve they sit is exceptionally thin. See where the best female athletes sit compared to their male counterparts, RR wouldn’t have been on TV let alone UFC.
I agree about the bell curve. However, Kefi said every woman would come off worse against any man. Would you want to fight either of them?

Kefi

Old-Salt

and Sam Briggs
As i said in the situations we are talking about not some made up pretend dreamscape you are eluding to. I have a good friend who is an amazing athlete, she is high up in the triathlon & ironman events & regularly beats men. But she is not Inf material by her own admission as many of the very high profile sports women will happily admit. I have no idea how true this is as its not got any video evidance to support it ? but an example of what we are talking about.

Chalkster69

Old-Salt
Personally, I've never understood why they want to join the infantry in the first place. I certainly didn't & I had a whale of a time not infanteering - it was always nice to do a "proper" infantry exercise, but it just made you appreciate that 240v AC, Air Conditioned Ptarmigan Box Body a bit more.....

It's like a race to the bottom, in most other jobs in the world, people do the field side for a few years & then want to get into the office (after years of taking the piss out of office workers). Literally no-one moves from an office role into a field role voluntarily.....

"Here are some Trades you can do, better pay, better conditions, better prospects when you get out. You'll still get to run around & play soldiers on a dozen exercises a year, but the rest of the time you can do something with a bit more meaning."

"What's that? You want to play in the mud? Off you go then."

The FI happened in about 96 hours, and there was little to no “pre-deployment” training.

Neither GW1 or 2 were against a peer enemy.

PDT for HERRICK was a bespoke and exquisite process that was finely honed over a period of years against an enemy that never moved.
'No pre deployment training for CORPORATE' you say?

Apart from decades of living, moving and rehearsed fighting under those very conditions.
Whilst some units had some steep learning curves, it was absolutely business as usual for others.

It's only with hindsight that the then 3rd biggest, or was it 5th? (IIRC)army in the world wasn't the peer army it was on paper.
Tank divisions, integrated air defence systems, SCUD missiles and WMD promised to give us the 'mother of all battles'.
It's easy to laugh at that claim now, but how many were thinking that when they were living in Noddy suits and downing NAPS?

Last edited:

Kefi

Old-Salt
'No pre deployment training for CORPORATE' you say?

Apart from decades of living, moving and rehearsed fighting under those very conditions.
Whilst some units had some steep learning curves, it was absolutely business as usual for others.

It's only with hindsight that the then 3rd biggest, or was it 5th? (IIRC)army in the world wasn't the peer army it was on paper.
Tank divisions, integrated air defence systems, SCUD missiles and WMD promised to give us the 'mother of all battles'.
It's easy to laugh at that claim now, but how many were thinking that when they were living in Noddy suits and downing NAPS?
Happy that you posted this, if both Argentina & Iraq were not considered to be a peer enemy that both had a standing army navy & air force then i don't know what would be. @alfred_the_great can you justify your position on this ?

Kefi

Old-Salt
really? Have you seen a bayonet range done with women? Why can a woman not stab someone with a sharp thing?
I understand that you were an Inf officer ?

Can you tell me what would be the pros & cons of having 1 or 2 females under your command, & be honest ;)

Chalkster69

Old-Salt
Bloody right, I can still remember looking at all the wide, scared eyes through the lenses as we put our ressy's on for the first time for real.........

I understand that you were an Inf officer ?

Can you tell me what would be the pros & cons of having 1 or 2 females under your command, & be honest ;)
The same as having males. If they’re good they’re good. If they’re useless they’re a burden.

Kefi

Old-Salt
The same as having males. If they’re good they’re good. If they’re useless they’re a burden.
I can think of a few reasons why i as a section commander would rather pass her off to another section regardless of how good she was, let alone being the platoon or Coy commander responsible for her special needs.

"These sacks of hay will be easy to outwit on the battlefield", said Baldrick thinking back to his bayonet training.

I can think of a few reasons why i as a section commander would rather pass her off to another section regardless of how good she was, let alone being the platoon or Coy commander responsible for her special needs.
what special needs do women have that you are unable to cope with as a commander?

Latest Threads