All Roles Now Open To Females

WolvoExPunk

On ROPS
On ROPs
I wore Max Factor on my face and hands, when I went on exercise. A sexy shade of dark brown, and complemented by some naughty olive green.

Kefi

Old-Salt
That looks suspiciously like an article that was circulating around twitter a month or so ago, suggesting that the British Army were shortly to do something similar. That one was shut down fairly sharpish by the relevant Lt.Gen pointing out that he'd been at the meetings where this was supposed to have been discussed, and that it was bollocks.

Somewhere, probably in a troll farm in St. Petersburg, or someone's mum's basement in the Midwest, or even in the bowels of the Sun / Daily Mail, there's a sweaty bloke thinking:

"What can I invent, then push out onto the web, that will inspire hatred and fear, perhaps make grumpy and gullible old ex-squaddies bite through their own jaws in fury?"

Hook, line, and sinker... every. single. f***ing. time.

Edited to add - looks like the RNZN part is actually genuine...

The diversity juggernaut is unstopabal & you know it & any senior rank who puts is head above the parapet will have it cut clean off. This madness will go on & on, regressing the once fair & neutral armed forces who always gave people the chance to rise to the very top regardless of who you were. This is a terror tactic that see's anyone who resists the drive towards compleat diversity in whatver shape it takes as a facist & must be eliminated. All the GCC units have to do is stick to their standards & this will reduce the chances of such individuals getting into their ranks.

This madness will go on & on, regressing the once fair & neutral armed forces who always gave people the chance to rise to the very top regardless of who you were.
Unless, of course you were gay. Or female. But hey, you obviously don't think that they matter.

This is a terror tactic that see's anyone who resists the drive towards compleat diversity in whatver shape it takes as a facist & must be eliminated.
What. with horrifying statements like "we don't care who you sleep with, or what's between your legs. We do care how well you do your job and whether you look out for your mates"?

How Very Dare THey! IT AM FACIST TERROR thEy wiLL COMe foR YOU nexT! ThERe aRE swARMSof IMiGRANZ wiL force us in2 SHARIA LAW!

How about we agree to make military roles gender free the day after we combine male and female professional sport, making everyone have a level playing field.

I suspect we'd be waiting a long time though.

What. with horrifying statements like "we don't care who you sleep with, or what's between your legs. We do care how well you do your job and whether you look out for your mates"?
They tend to care more if you are black/brown/gay/Muslim or some other minority and they can take a photo with you to show how right on and trendy they are.

True. But then, I've got a Gunner friend who responds to terribly warry 29 Cdo / 7 Para RHA pictures of a Light Gun halfway up a mountain, by asking "so... how are the trucks going to get its ammo to it? If not, what's the point?"
Very good question, you can always do something extreme once in peacetime to prove you can but actually doing the same in a combat environment often looks a bit tactically stupid. Even if you can get the ammo to it, all those super fit blokes running up and down the hill with the shells in the kit, the gun is stuck out like a spare pr*ck at a wedding.

It's the same principle as gold plating equipment design, another pointless activity we engage in 'because we can', without thought of the bigger picture.

Kefi

Old-Salt
Unless, of course you were gay. Or female. But hey, you obviously don't think that they matter.

How Very Dare THey! IT AM FACIST TERROR thEy wiLL COMe foR YOU nexT! ThERe aRE swARMSof IMiGRANZ wiL force us in2 SHARIA LAW!
Well you might jest but the reality is that.

A, Diversity has no end to it in our current cultuer.

B. How do you create cohesion among such diversity.

I'm sure the roman army had some strange amalgams of diversity, but at the end of they day they wore the same kit & came under the same draconian rules as well as being trained & treated the same. In our new world order its beginning to be an anything goes situation that is getting harder to control.

Last edited:
That looks suspiciously like an article that was circulating around twitter a month or so ago, suggesting that the British Army were shortly to do something similar. That one was shut down fairly sharpish by the relevant Lt.Gen pointing out that he'd been at the meetings where this was supposed to have been discussed, and that it was bollocks.

Somewhere, probably in a troll farm in St. Petersburg, or someone's mum's basement in the Midwest, or even in the bowels of the Sun / Daily Mail, there's a sweaty bloke thinking:

"What can I invent, then push out onto the web, that will inspire hatred and fear, perhaps make grumpy and gullible old ex-squaddies bite through their own jaws in fury?"

Hook, line, and sinker... every. single. f***ing. time.

Edited to add - looks like the RNZN part is actually genuine...
You could go on twitter and invent a character, and call it, oh I dont know. Something like Bravado X2
@Bravado_Bravado

How about we agree to make military roles gender free the day after we combine male and female professional sport, making everyone have a level playing field.
So... why do professional boxers and MMA fighters have different weight divisions? Obviously, it's proof that lightweights or shortarses can't cope with a level playing field, they should be banned from fighting if they can't cope...

Male and female professional sports have to fill a squad of 30 at international level, so they can pick mutants at the edge of the distribution curve. They don't have to fill an infantry of 20,000.

I suspect we'd be waiting a long time though.
It's already happening with men saying they are women, not quite what Women's Lib envisaged.

Kefi

Old-Salt
So... why do professional boxers and MMA fighters have different weight divisions? Obviously, it's proof that lightweights or shortarses can't cope with a level playing field, they should be banned from fighting if they can't cope...

Male and female professional sports have to fill a squad of 30 at international level, so they can pick mutants at the edge of the distribution curve. They don't have to fill an infantry of 20,000.
I'v seen a short arse spark out a bloke twise the size of himself & know plenty of vertically chalenged blokes who you would not want to upset. On the other side of the coin i have never met a woman i could not kill with my own hands, not the most PC thing to say i will grant you, but never the less true :eek:

I'm sure the roman army had some strange amalgams of diversity, but at the end of they day they wore the same kit & came under the same draconian rules as well as being trained & treated the same.
Nope. AIUI, the Auxilia got paid a lot less, for a start. I'll let a history enthusiast tell you that you're wrong about some of the rest of your assertion.

I'v seen a short arse spark out a bloke twise the size of himself & know plenty of vertically chalenged blokes who you would not want to upset. On the other side of the coin i have never met a woman i could not kill with my own hands, not the most PC thing to say i will grant you, but never the less true :eek:
Come around mine on Sunday when she has lost a fiver on bingo

So you agree, different physiques and physiology has an impact on your ability to perform physical tasks. Well done. Got there in the end.

I'v seen a short arse spark out a bloke twise the size of himself & know plenty of vertically chalenged blokes who you would not want to upset.
Likewise :) But what you're saying is that skill, and a f***ing lethal attitude, make a difference. Those aren't limited to blokes.

I took up Judo in my late forties, because the kids were doing it. I'm sh!t, but firstborn is quite good (capped for Scotland as a junior) and that means I occasionally see the international players, male and female, at his training sessions.

They train by rough size/weight - so you'll see a scrawny teenage lad getting chucked around by a lightweight female. You'll see lads and lasses of similar weights doing competition training (randori); I got to see a German squad lass doing "winner stays on" for five consecutive first-throw-wins matches; she only got thrown in the sixth because she was knackered. Yes, there are more muscular-hero blokes, but there are some rather scary women. Look up the GB female boxers, say at the 75-80kg mark, ask yourself whether you'd favour the 80kg woman or the 65kg bloke...

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Nope. AIUI, the Auxilia got paid a lot less, for a start. I'll let a history enthusiast tell you that you're wrong about some of the rest of your assertion.
And there are units in today's armed forces who receive extra pay for being able to do things that other troops are not.
I can't quite see what point you're trying to make.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Look up the GB female boxers, say at the 75-80kg mark, ask yourself whether you'd favour the 80kg woman or the 65kg bloke...
In a rule defined game, which is what sports boxing is, and other skill factors being equal, I'd generally go for the one with the longer reach.

So you agree, different physiques and physiology has an impact on your ability to perform physical tasks. Well done. Got there in the end.
Absolutely, and not all men are created equal, no matter how much people pretend to the contrary.

Men are generally stronger than women and at the top level will win every time.

But that is not an absolute, not every man is physically stronger than every woman, and not every currently serving infanter is physically fitter and stronger than every female currently serving.

That’s just the way it is, regardless of how many pretend it’s not true :)

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Fair enough. When was the last time a British CO or OC did it accidentally? ;)
When was the last time non-SF fought an enemy with the ability to impose those conditions on us?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
...or add a beat-up course designed to mitigate risk.

Sandhurst took "at risk" male candidates and sent them off on Rowallan Company. Cheaper than the Commissioning Course, shedloads of physical exercise, intended to get the less mature blokes to grow up a bit before attempting their Commissioning Course (and to identify the weaker before they took up an expensive spot on CC). I've not heard anyone claim that the additional costs weren't worth it, or that the need for a beat-up course was proof that we shouldn't allow the less-mature blokes into the Army (because if they couldn't cope with the same CC as the rest, then surely standards were being lowered).

So, why not do something similar for females - not a "Leadership Development" course, but a "Robustness Development" course? Add a properly structured and progressive physical development course designed to reduce the injury rates on CC proper?

RowCo was seen as worthwhile for less-mature blokes; why not for less-strong women?
Perhaps because the challenges posed by female physiology are not susceptible to a RowCo-type solution?

Last edited:

Latest Threads