All right - own up.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by danielsan, Jun 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here follows a comment left in the Telegraph today - in regards to the article "what should our armed forces priority be?"

I know it was one of you what did it :D

6. Posted by whatever happened to my Britain? on June 25, 2008 11:06 PM

In Britain today, I believe the armed forces have several priorities.
    The first is to ensure as much recruitment as possible from ethnic minorities, from the gay community, from amongst the disabled and from women. Recruiting mainly heterosexual, able bodied, white Caucasian males is simply not acceptable anymore. Our Army should be representative of all our peoples. Inclusion is more important than mere suitability of the recruitsfor active service.
    Next, the forces need to be more community focused. Working on projects in inner cities, focusing on the needs of imigrants and asylum seekers is far more relevant to Britains thriving, lively and popular multicultural society than traditional soldiering.
    Thirdly, they need to ensure that all future officers are appointed from amongst the minorities - the aforementioned gays, blacks, immigrants, etc etc. It would help to reinforce the new PC culture if white males were kept as private soldiers only. Having white males as officers and NCOs gives entirely the wrong image of modern Britain.
    The forces should be renamed to reflect our new society - for example the Army would become the Harriet Harman All Men Are Bastards Volunteer Social Worker And Vegan Immigrant Brigade.
    Any muslim joining would automatically become an officer.
    Any actual soldiering would be sub-contracted to the Poles - they will be cheaper anyway.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/yourview/2189712/What-should-be-the-priorities-for-Britain%27s-Armed-Forces.html

2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Heh. Its a recruiting stump for ARRSE.

My personal favourite Tinfoil Hat Special...

How do we expect them to be a " Better man" out there?
    With all the I-Robots having A. I. functioning like a desk-top in kicking them all on their butts.
    With time the men who would be king got themselves rip-off by the were-wolves in own backyards.
    That was being mass produced and rolled off from faulty production lines with serial no: 666 as the beauty and the beast without being aware of it.
    With their web-size that keep on growing by the day.
    Why parents and teachers were quite sore when they raise their own children as nice little children then came home as the were-wolves in ripping them off in their own homes too.
    Luke 9.25,55-56,60
    Luke 8.5-8,10-17
    Luke 11.33-36,46,52
    Luke 6.39-40,41-45,46-49
    John 7.19
    Matt 22.32
    What do you think?

3. How come when ever any story about the armed forces shows up with a page for comments some daft old baggage bangs on about briging back National Service to sort out the ypbs and make the country great again?

While most of the comments have been supportive (shock horror) it does show a lack of undertanding.

4. WThis has appeared this morning:

1. Posted by A Concerned Vicar on June 26, 2008 10:04 AM
    As a concerned vicar I feel addressing soldiers attire is key. Sir Richard should fo for a neutral pallette I feel, and introduce a more flattering line. The SAS manage very well. Black never goes out of fashion and does wonders for the fuller figure.

5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Thank you thank you. I'm here all week. Try the veal and tip your waitress.