all quiet in Helmand province

What has happened in Afghanistan? I remember we used to be constantly hearing British dying today. But I can't remember the last death we heard(but I checked it was on 18th Nov) and I might look foolish if one dies while I write this. Maybe Britain is winning and the Taliban are reeling or maybe it is more wounded. If anyone could say what's happening I would be interested.

mm1306 said:
What has happened in Afghanistan? I remember we used to be constantly hearing British dying today. But I can't remember the last death we heard(but I checked it was on 18th Nov) and I might look foolish if one dies while I write this. Maybe Britain is winning and the Taliban are reeling or maybe it is more wounded. If anyone could say what's happening I would be interested.
A fairly macabre first post, and one which is pretty offensive.

Our blokews being killed is not necessarily indicator of the heaviness of fighting.

Be careful as to the way you post in future.

I do not imply any disrespect(and it was wrong of me to say that one might have died while I was writing this but I didn't mean it as a joke) to those out there, it must surely still be very dangerous out there and it probably reflects well on those out there if there is less fighting but it does seem odd to me that the British death rate has lowered and maybe it means that Britain has acheived allot out there despite what we read in the papers.

It is going into winter - fighting will decrease as the weather will make operations for both sides, very difficult.

mm1306 said:
you don't look foolish - you look a proper cnut.

Press Assoc. - 1 hour 55 minutes ago

A British soldier was killed in an explosion in southern Afghanistan, the Ministry of Defence said.

He was serving with the Brigade Reconnaissance Force, 5 Regiment, Royal Artillery, a spokesman said.

"Two other British soldiers were also injured as a result of the blast," he added.

Next of kin have been informed, and no more details are being released at this time.
RIP.

mm1306 said:
Your a CNUT of the highest order and obviously not serving, fcuk off back to Fleet street you have something to write now. :evil:

The_IRON said:
mm1306 said:
Your a CNUT of the highest order and obviously not serving, fcuk off back to Fleet street you have something to write now. :evil:
Never a truer word spoken IRON.

You, Sir, are a waste of oxygen.

I suggest if you want to claw your way in to everyones good books mm1306 is to first appologise and then donate money to the British Legion, Help for Heros or another charity along those lines.

What a FUDD ...unbelievable

I, like a lot of others on here have friends serving there at the moment, everytime there's a news article or a new post on the afgan news thread I view it with dread. I admit I've been guilty of a sigh of relief when I realise the article doesn't involve british forces, that is immidiatley followed by a sense of guilt.

You sir are a cnut, fcuk off back to lala land and watch the A team movies were no-one dies and the good guys always win.

mm1306 said:
Are you serious? "one dies"? What do you mean by "if one dies".

In future, please just commit yourself to lurking on these boards - most of us do not want you here.

wet_blobby said:
I, like a lot of others on here have friends serving there at the moment, everytime there's a news article or a new post on the afgan news thread I view it with dread. I admit I've been guilty of a sigh of relief when I realise the article doesn't involve british forces, that is immidiatley followed by a sense of guilt.

Me too, I dread hearing the news. Breaks my heart every time I hear someone has lost their life.

Think before you write in future.

I can honestly say no insult or littlejohn/clarkson cheapshot was intended. I honestly was wondering if the tempo of operations had lowered, that is not an outrageous assuption(that Britain could have beaten the insurgents in their area) nor is it an insult to people serving out there, it is actually having confidence in the people out there. And I wrote the original post about 12 hours before the sad news of the death of a BRF man.

can i ask how old you are?mm1306 you come across as being incredibly naive, incredibly insensitive or just downright stupid. either way you sound like a teenager.

i gather you are gauging your curious logic based totally on what you hear through the media. most of us on this site know the media are only interested in tragedy and are not interested in successful missions accomplished by our guys in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Can you not see how the way you have presented your opinions sound as if it only has the equivalent importance of the weekends football over a pint in your local pub.

As has been mentioned already many of us have friends either out there already or about to go.

You are talking about the DEATHS of British soldiers for fucks sake. try to read some of the posts on this site before you share your "opinions" and dubious "curiosity" on issues that affect many of us very deeply.

i really dont think this thread has anything to offer and should be consigned to the ArrseHole never to be dredged up again

I am very sorry about how I expressed myself but I am interested in the status of operations out there(like many arrse users) and I thought that I could get truthful answers here. I am actually 19 and will be starting training soon, hopefully this has given me a lesson to be careful when talking about Afghanistan so thank you to everyone for that. Anyway I think that I have found the answer to my question and will stop this thread before I offend anyone else.

19 and just about to start training?

So, what you're actually trying to guage is, "What is the likelyhood that I'll be going to sandy places". When you signed up you signed up to do a job. I suspect that you wanted to look tough and big in front of girls and your mates.

Fcuk off and never darken these pages again.

Latest Threads