All purpose Compo Seasoning

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by spike7451, Jun 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

First get a small jar (I use a Swartz Spice jar)

Then add;(To taste)

Chili Flakes
    Paprika (sweet)
    Garlic Powder
    Grated Parmasan Cheese
    Black Pepper

What's your compo 'enhancer'
  2. Haven't seen them since coming back from Germany, but I used to carry one of those little plastic compartmented jars with a variety of dried spices in it.

Or a bottle of Tabasco.
  3. Bring back salt in ration packs. :D

I would like to enhance mine with a nice bottle of Rioja but I find it's best accompanied by sipping tepid or luke warm water from an issue water bottle. :wink:
  4. msr

msr LE

5. Seconded.

I also use an assortment of fine spices from around the world carried in an old camera film container.

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I also carry a couple of Oxo cubes,handy to add to a Rat pack or for a drink.
  7. What's wrong with the old all-in-one? Nothing beats Corned Beef Hash, mixed with Cream of Chicken Powder, Biscuits Brown, and Vegetable Soup? If I really wanted to treat myself, I'd even throw some screech into the mix.
  8. when i was OC's driver, on the bulkhead above the back door of the old 'series 3',was a row or terri-clips,(just, by some bizarre coincidence,the perfect size for Schwartz jars!) ideal for your own, combat catering spice rack!
  9. I know a Para/SAS bloke who had the mixed herbs and oregano in with the chilli powder and curry, and he was relying on this s*** for long periods.

I can't help but think splitting "hot" from "herb" has got to be worth the effort.