Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

All medical chat and queries in here. Please don't start a new one for every single medical question.

My medical is currently with the army just now but i know that it will come back saying FMU or please appeal as i know once they see the word personality disorder they will probably turn it down straight away even tho i sent the letter with my meds from my psychiatrist saying i have traits but dont qualify to be diagnosed so i hope they dont knock me back as it shouldnt be aloud unless i was actually diagnosed and with the anxiety was brief with no medication

They will make their decision based on the set medical standards and your medical records. Whether you think it should be allowed or not makes absolutely zero difference at all.

Well i have read JSP and it says personality disorders are commonly misdiagnosed and i havent been diagnosed with one just had traits which isnt enough to knock someone back for it

Well i have read JSP and it says personality disorders are commonly misdiagnosed and i havent been diagnosed with one just had traits which isnt enough to knock someone back for it
that's your opinion. You'll just have to wait and see ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess so but my GP has wrote me a letter saying im fine and she sees no reason as to why i shouldnt be aloud in and if needs be il get a psychiatrist and the CMO advised me to apply although i will probably have to go for a psychiatric review but i guess all will be good il get in if i appeal im confident of people with worse cases than me get in

I guess so but my GP has wrote me a letter saying im fine and she sees no reason as to why i shouldnt be aloud in and if needs be il get a psychiatrist and the CMO advised me to apply although i will probably have to go for a psychiatric review but i guess all will be good il get in if i appeal im confident of people with worse cases than me get in

Sorry to say but your GP is not the arbitrator of military standards. The fact that you are on meds prescribed by a psychiatrist will be taken into consideration, diagnosis or just "traits"

I guess so but my GP has wrote me a letter saying im fine and she sees no reason as to why i shouldn't be aloud in and if needs be il get a psychiatrist and the CMO advised me to apply although i will probably have to go for a psychiatric review but i guess all will be good il get in if i appeal i am confident of people with worse cases than me get in

@Hammy23 While I was never told to see a psychiatrist I had a couple of bad bouts of depression but with circumstances like my fathers illness and relationship brake up. I was actually surprised the Medical Examiner reaction he basically said thats life shit happens you are allowed I think 2 episodes over a certain time frame check the pdf its around here somewhere use the search function!. Again I suspect it depends which dr you get mine was male and would probably relate to it better.

I failed medical due to skin but I am appealing it due to fact no history of it or ever diagnosed it. I know you are anxious but you will never find out if you don't go for it.

Yea cheers its just a bastard of a situation and yea exactly shit happens in life that fucks you up but i have got over it i lost 3 very close family members in the space of 2 years so i hope they understand with the anxiety and with the personality disorder i think its bullshit but as i said they only said i have traits not the illness its self so im hoping if they are intelligent enough they will piece together with all the deaths and being such a young lad that obvsiouly i would get a bit upset and anxious

And tbh i have heard of people getting in with worse cases than mine physical injury and mental stuff so il just try stay positive the CMO advised me to apply but said i will probably need to go see a psychiatrist from the army in due course so it should be all good and if i have to appeal then the back up is there they can only go by facts on paper and if my GP and a psychiatrist says im all good then they will have to take that surely.

And tbh i have heard of people getting in with worse cases than mine physical injury and mental stuff so il just try stay positive the CMO advised me to apply but said i will probably need to go see a psychiatrist from the army in due course so it should be all good and if i have to appeal then the back up is there they can only go by facts on paper and if my GP and a psychiatrist says im all good then they will have to take that surely.

No, they won’t. They will take your medical records, review them, see how they feel they compare to JSP 950 and make their decision. If they feel your “traits” are enough to warrant concern, you don’t get in.

At the end of the day the standard are to strict for example knocking someone back for a bit of acne is laughing stock its says you get graded P8 for having acne lol so basically 50% of teens cant get in they need to review the JSP and set it at more realistic standards and maybe they will actaully be able to have a fully manned army and wont fail to reach recruiting targets year in year out

And well that would be a strong case for appeal then if they knocked someone back for just traits and not having actaully be diagnosed which would probably end up in the appeal being accepted and well i will let you guys know soon as my meds are currently with the nurses