All medical chat and queries in here. Please don't start a new one for every single medical question.

The letter doesn't need to be any particular format however keep it polite and formal (ish).
Stick to facts and not wishes, emotions and how your PE teacher from 7 years ago who was briefly in the TA thought you'd be great 'at tanks'
Keep it as brief as possible without missing out anything.
Cheers, I rang her back up and told her I had the rejection letters if they'd help and she said they would, and took a copy of the paragraph of the JSP 950 which is in question incase they need to refer to it. Not sure if I should state on my cover letter that I'm appealing because of X, Y and Z or if I should just state my intention of appealing and that supporting evidence is enclosed inside, obviously they aren't going to take my word regarding anything medically related (I'm biased as well as unqualified to comment) but not sure if a summary of the enclosed information would help or not.

Doubt my PE teacher would give me any praise, not sure if it's common but I went to a sports college and nigh on every single PE lesson was football, and I despise it (not sure if I despise footie because of these lessons or vice versa). Thankfully the final grade was entirely coursework based which I aced so no one will ever know I skipped 80% of the lessons (loved the gym, orienteering in the summer, those daft assault courses they make you do, but it was only ever a handful of the lessons, guess it's easier to plan a lesson if it only involves a ball and some bibs).

Cheers, I rang her back up and told her I had the rejection letters if they'd help and she said they would, and took a copy of the paragraph of the JSP 950 which is in question incase they need to refer to it. Not sure if I should state on my cover letter that I'm appealing because of X, Y and Z or if I should just state my intention of appealing and that supporting evidence is enclosed inside, obviously they aren't going to take my word regarding anything medically related (I'm biased as well as unqualified to comment) but not sure if a summary of the enclosed information would help or not.

Doubt my PE teacher would give me any praise, not sure if it's common but I went to a sports college and nigh on every single PE lesson was football, and I despise it (not sure if I despise footie because of these lessons or vice versa). Thankfully the final grade was entirely coursework based which I aced so no one will ever know I skipped 80% of the lessons (loved the gym, orienteering in the summer, those daft assault courses they make you do, but it was only ever a handful of the lessons, guess it's easier to plan a lesson if it only involves a ball and some bibs).
I'd just reference the rejection letter/email - make sure they know who you are! and then a short, simple something along the lines of "I am submitting an appeal against my rejection on medical grounds, for (condition) dated XX/XX/XXXX. please see the medical evidence attached/enclosed* '

lots of love,

Jackson9

xxxx

(maybe that last bit needs some work)

*as appropriate

I'd just reference the rejection letter/email - make sure they know who you are! and then a short, simple something along the lines of "I am submitting an appeal against my rejection on medical grounds, for (condition) dated XX/XX/XXXX. please see the medical evidence attached/enclosed* '

lots of love,

Jackson9

xxxx

(maybe that last bit needs some work)

*as appropriate
Cheers mate.

If i’ve been told to complete a 12 week exercise diary would I be able to submit a diary I have been working on since I started the process since I told the careers office about my problem (ankle pain in youth) and they told me pretty much what i would have to do. i’m about 10 weeks in and i’ve pretty much followed the plan to the letter

If i’ve been told to complete a 12 week exercise diary would I be able to submit a diary I have been working on since I started the process since I told the careers office about my problem (ankle pain in youth) and they told me pretty much what i would have to do. i’m about 10 weeks in and i’ve pretty much followed the plan to the letter
The NRC will allow you to complete the exercise diary for up to four weeks retrospectively, so you will still have to complete one for the next eight weeks.

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post or it’s been asked before. I’m looking at joining but I’m concerned about my mental health history which includes a 3 day VOLUNTARY admittance to a mental hospital two years ago with depression when my dad made me homeless (under the age of 18). I was diagnosed with depression over 7 years ago, and it’s confirmed I am no longer depressed with my GP, and I do not believe it was depression but rather an outcome of living with an abusive family. No longer living there. Is it worth me trying to apply? I heard there’s a 3 year bar for self harm which is why I’ve not applied yet. Thanks all. Coming on three years since And that’s my only incident

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post or it’s been asked before. I’m looking at joining but I’m concerned about my mental health history which includes a 3 day VOLUNTARY admittance to a mental hospital two years ago with depression when my dad made me homeless (under the age of 18). I was diagnosed with depression over 7 years ago, and it’s confirmed I am no longer depressed with my GP, and I do not believe it was depression but rather an outcome of living with an abusive family. No longer living there. Is it worth me trying to apply? I heard there’s a 3 year bar for self harm which is why I’ve not applied yet. Thanks all. Coming on three years since And that’s my only incident

any medication prescribed?
How long were you recorded as depressed for?
Did you self harm?

any medication prescribed?
How long were you recorded as depressed for?
Did you self harm?
No meds whatsoever throughout the whole thing. First diagnosis at 10. Second diagnosis at 14. No further diagnosis until the inpatient incident and no follow up. Self harm was the reason for the inpatient and that was the only self harming incident. My record is clean bar rhis

So i got a result today saying the army want FME can anyone explain what this means in laymans terms ie does it mean they are just wanting clarification that you are 100% fine before they accept you.

FME in this context means (I assume) Full Medical Examination.

You need to speak to your GP and ask for one and the report to go with it. This may cost you though.

Hi
Just looking for a little advise. Currently going through the recruitment process and have a had my application placed on hold due to a Neurology referral. Was referred in Jan 18 and still awaiting an appointment :( I have a slight tremor in my hands but this has never stopped me from doing anything or effected my life in any way. The GP believes it to be nothing but could potentially be a essential tremor and the consultant has chosen to see me due to family history (Nothing that me or my family can identify) and my age 24. I put off my application until May 18 as I was due an appointment at the end of July but this has now been pushed back with a potential date end of September. As I don't want to wait or cause any further delays to my application process I have chosen to go private. Is there anyone currently employed that has a essential tremor or something similar that could offer me any advise? The JSP 950 mentions Tics and involuntary movements as either P8 or P2 so very different!
Anything would be great.
Thanks!

My medical is a right pain int arrse. 4 weeks in and It's been passed from the nurse, to the doctor and now to the head of the medical board... Makes you wonder what is going on. They must've found something!!! :S

My medical is a right pain int arrse. 4 weeks in and It's been passed from the nurse, to the doctor and now to the head of the medical board... Makes you wonder what is going on. They must've found something!!! :S
Brace yourself for a long ride took them 10weeks to get back to me saying they want FME after all.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Hi
Just looking for a little advise. Currently going through the recruitment process and have a had my application placed on hold due to a Neurology referral. Was referred in Jan 18 and still awaiting an appointment :( I have a slight tremor in my hands but this has never stopped me from doing anything or effected my life in any way. The GP believes it to be nothing but could potentially be a essential tremor and the consultant has chosen to see me due to family history (Nothing that me or my family can identify) and my age 24. I put off my application until May 18 as I was due an appointment at the end of July but this has now been pushed back with a potential date end of September. As I don't want to wait or cause any further delays to my application process I have chosen to go private. Is there anyone currently employed that has a essential tremor or something similar that could offer me any advise? The JSP 950 mentions Tics and involuntary movements as either P8 or P2 so very different!
Anything would be great.
Thanks!
Nothing will happen until you have had causes investigated.

When I was around 11 I had a partial splenectomy, I have 1/3 of my spleen left. Does anyone know if this affects my endurace in particular my tabbing ability given what the spleens function is?

Thanks in advance

When I was around 11 I had a partial splenectomy, I have 1/3 of my spleen left. Does anyone know if this affects my endurace in particular my tabbing ability given what the spleens function is?

Thanks in advance
Candidates who have had a splenectomy, or have reduced splenic function, are more susceptible to a number of potentially life-threatening infections ie haemophilus influenzae, neisseria meningitidis, malaria, capnocytophaga canimorsus and babesiosis. Therefore, candidates who have had a splenectomy for any reason are graded P8. Candidates with reduced splenic function (eg partial splenectomy or splenunculus) who require regular prophylactic antibiotics or specific immunisations are also graded P8

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Hi
Anything would be great.
Thanks!
Without wishing to be cruel in any way but can you possibly see any disadvantages in putting a loaded weapon in the hands of someone with a tremor? Even a slight one?

You do realise that a millimetre of two shake at the banging end of a rifle makes a huge difference to the accuracy of the pointy things that come out of it, especially when out to a couple of hundred metres?

I 100% understand your point and completely take on board your post. Luckly my ‘tremor’ has never effected my shooting i understand that I have never used a military issued weapon but I am actually quite a dab hand with an air rifle and a shotgun and my ‘tremor’ has never held me back or effected my shooting, I have good days and bad days but would be no less dangerous I believe than someone who has nervous shakes which are also uncontrollable. I’m booked into see the consultant soon and hope he will provide enough evidence to support my application, I’m sure the medical will be robust and my fate is in there hands