All medical chat and queries in here. Please don't start a new one for every single medical question.

Hello not sure if this quite medical related.

I noticed in January, online that my application was Deferred, and was told I'd be receiving a letter soon. I have still have yet to receive the letter, I have been phoning once a month but they just say they'e going to resend the letter. My address is correct on their system and on my online account on the army jobs website.

Is there any other way to find out about this deferral, it would put me at ease knowing why.
I was deferred and notified by my CSA that a letter would be forth coming, I waited for a month with no sign of a letter I phoned CSA again and again, finally managed to get hold of a Bombadier who was manning the phone (could never get to speak to my CSA.) He checked into my case and found that I wasn't deferred after all, my file had been flagged in error, I could have still been waiting if I hadn't managed to get hold of him ( I owe him a lot.) As it was I missed my entry into Harrogate and as I was aging out managed to scrape into the next course although not in my preferred profession.

My advice keep ringing ask them to check your file, you never know an error may have occurred.

PS My CSA was well known with the lads on my course from losing files, docs. etc. to generally giving wrong information, saying that we all felt the same too scared to complain as we were worried our applications would meet with more complications.

On Phase 2 now, worth it when you get here, wouldn't want to go through it again!

In brief, I was medical corps for just over 24 years, ran a few medical centres, had dealings with recruits and a very intimate relationship with all the very boring medical documents. Wrote some disaster documents (one of the flu outbreak plans was mine) , collected info for injury claims, court martials blah blah...
Another question so i have been on about 12 calls today between the drs and the NRC. The Army are saying they need FME So I rang my drs and asked if they could read what was sent to them from the forces it said. They needed more evidence as my details did not have anything past 2004. The drs said they sent them both electronically and paper form. To the medical admin email address ARTD-RG one. Its been a long process but hopefully it comes good because its long winded and even more so if they have received it.

Does anyone know seen as you get 3 appeals are they normally succesful 1st time round providing you have correct back up ie GP saying you are fine or are they strict with them i find it quite pathetic how strict they are with certain things no wonder they are undermanned and not alot of people want to join up anymore because its to strict with rules and regs.

Does anyone know seen as you get 3 appeals are they normally succesful 1st time round providing you have correct back up ie GP saying you are fine or are they strict with them i find it quite pathetic how strict they are with certain things no wonder they are undermanned and not alot of people want to join up anymore because its to strict with rules and regs.
shush.
Fancy the Armed Forces having rules about who is, or isn't suitable for a role. It's an outrage and probably an infringement on your human rights. You should email your MP immediately.

Well this page is useless then probably bitter old men running it thanks for the advice il just have to wait and see when the time comes then
dont say stupid crap and you'll get a serious answer. If your first appeal is done properly then of course it'll be the only one you need to complete. Not going to be make you appeal 3 times if the first time was done right.
The rules are there for a reason, it comes down to life and death, can't let any old sod in just cause he fancies being a soldier

Thanks well basically in short i was seen by a psychiatrist i have had a bit of anxiety due to mulitple family deaths in a short period of time not prescribed any medication tho i was sent to a psychiatrist and he said i have traits of a personality disorder but dont fit enough to be diagnosed with it so this is what im up against but surely they cant say anything about the personality as its only traits and not actually a diagnosis?

Have you already been deferred and are looking into appealing? If so then all you can do is appeal, give them all the evidence you have and hope it tilts in your favour. However, personality disorder is a bit of a buzz phrase (understandably so) so it just depends what is says in your file and whether they deem you fit enough to start training

My medical is currently with the army just now but i know that it will come back saying FMU or please appeal as i know once they see the word personality disorder they will probably turn it down straight away even tho i sent the letter with my meds from my psychiatrist saying i have traits but dont qualify to be diagnosed so i hope they dont knock me back as it shouldnt be aloud unless i was actually diagnosed and with the anxiety was brief with no medication

They will make their decision based on the set medical standards and your medical records. Whether you think it should be allowed or not makes absolutely zero difference at all.

Well i have read JSP and it says personality disorders are commonly misdiagnosed and i havent been diagnosed with one just had traits which isnt enough to knock someone back for it

I guess so but my GP has wrote me a letter saying im fine and she sees no reason as to why i shouldnt be aloud in and if needs be il get a psychiatrist and the CMO advised me to apply although i will probably have to go for a psychiatric review but i guess all will be good il get in if i appeal im confident of people with worse cases than me get in

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I guess so but my GP has wrote me a letter saying im fine and she sees no reason as to why i shouldnt be aloud in and if needs be il get a psychiatrist and the CMO advised me to apply although i will probably have to go for a psychiatric review but i guess all will be good il get in if i appeal im confident of people with worse cases than me get in
Sorry to say but your GP is not the arbitrator of military standards. The fact that you are on meds prescribed by a psychiatrist will be taken into consideration, diagnosis or just "traits"

Well i have read JSP and it says personality disorders are commonly misdiagnosed and i havent been diagnosed with one just had traits which isnt enough to knock someone back for it
Have you read the bit about being on medication?

I guess so but my GP has wrote me a letter saying im fine and she sees no reason as to why i shouldn't be aloud in and if needs be il get a psychiatrist and the CMO advised me to apply although i will probably have to go for a psychiatric review but i guess all will be good il get in if i appeal i am confident of people with worse cases than me get in
@Hammy23 While I was never told to see a psychiatrist I had a couple of bad bouts of depression but with circumstances like my fathers illness and relationship brake up. I was actually surprised the Medical Examiner reaction he basically said thats life shit happens you are allowed I think 2 episodes over a certain time frame check the pdf its around here somewhere use the search function!. Again I suspect it depends which dr you get mine was male and would probably relate to it better.

I failed medical due to skin but I am appealing it due to fact no history of it or ever diagnosed it. I know you are anxious but you will never find out if you don't go for it.