All medical chat and queries in here. Please don't start a new one for every single medical question.

Kalu19

Clanker
I completely understand, but the time i had 'anxiety' in the army wasn't anxiety, the only time i've had anxiety was when I came off weed, I was like 18 i thought I had anxiety but i was never diagnosed and the only reason I thought I was anxious is because none of my family talk about feelings or emotions, so when I was worrying I was like oh I have anxiety and I didn't
Were you discharged from the army with anxiety? And when you went to the doctors after coming off drugs did you tell them you were anxious?

Were you discharged from the army with anxiety? And when you went to the doctors after coming off drugs did you tell them you were anxious?
I'm not sure exactly what I was discharged for, but I told them I was anxious because of weed withdrawals and anxiety is a weed withdrawal yes, but this was the only time I've actually felt anxious now I know what anxiety actually feels like

I just remember going into the office at the age of 18 and telling them I don't feel good and I was really down and stressed cause of everything going on outside training and then I got medically discharged, but the exact reasoning im unsure

Kalu19

Clanker
I'm not sure exactly what I was discharged for, but I told them I was anxious because of weed withdrawals and anxiety is a weed withdrawal yes, but this was the only time I've actually felt anxious now I know what anxiety actually feels like

I just remember going into the office at the age of 18 and telling them I don't feel good and I was really down and stressed cause of everything going on outside training and then I got medically discharged, but the exact reasoning im unsure
All you can do is apply and see what happens. If you're rejected then unfortunately it is a big lesson about the use of drugs and their side effects unfortunately.

You've been medically discharged and don't know why?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru

Anxiety and drug use? What do you think, seriously?

Domhill123

Swinger
Spiro tests ?
anyone know if there doing them still ?
I’m a re homer and Had my medical on July and still not been booked yet .
my recruiter keeps saying he can’t book it yet

I feel like am being abit mugged off to be honest as it seems other people are getting them

Irish25

Swinger
I first went to AC end of June and needed one so was deferred. I went back end of September to complete it. Not sure on the criteria for getting one booked but I was going for a priority role. Hope it’s sorted soon.
Spiro tests ?
anyone know if there doing them still ?
I’m a re homer and Had my medical on July and still not been booked yet .
my recruiter keeps saying he can’t book it yet

I feel like am being abit mugged off to be honest as it seems other people are getting them

Domhill123

Swinger
I first went to AC end of June and needed one so was deferred. I went back end of September to complete it. Not sure on the criteria for getting one booked but I was going for a priority role. Hope it’s sorted soon.
Yeah I keep messaging my csm everyday

seems like he’s getting fed up of me

I’d like to think cause am a re joiner and I don’t need re training I would be priority but obviously not

Prospect1

Clanker
Had disappointing news my RGMD FORM has been rejected because of a form of epilepsy when I was around 10 years old .... funny thing is I wasn’t deferred for that reason the last time I attempted to join the army.
I need some advice for my medical appeal if anybody has experience of them

much appreciated

Prospect1

Clanker
Further to my above post the army’s criteria is you can be graded fit if the onset was before 10 years of age and had no treatment for 5 years which I haven’t had any treatment for around 10 years.
is this just a capita **** up ?

Kalu19

Clanker
Further to my above post the army’s criteria is you can be graded fit if the onset was before 10 years of age and had no treatment for 5 years which I haven’t had any treatment for around 10 years.
is this just a capita **** up ?
Appeal the decision and provide evidence of having no treatment for 10 years.

Also did the epilepsy start before you were 10?

Hi

had my application a few weeks ago due to 2 episodes of self harm ( one an Overdose and one by cutting ) both these incidents occurred in a 2 week period and where due to a a break up with by first girlfriend.

The jsp 950 states that is multiple attempts occur in a number of weeks rather then months then for the prurposes of selection can be deemed as one episode !

I’m not sure why I’ve been rejected as this incidents fit in to what the jsp says? Do they just need more information or have they not checked my records in enough detail?

Prospect1

Clanker
From my situation I feel the medical people seem to interpret the rules to whatever suits them or their understanding of them. I feel the process could be made a lot smoother if they put something such as if the doctor ticks yes to any boxes they should provide full in depth notes for everything as I’ve been deferred and the reason doesn’t even suit their criteria for me being graded unfit

appeal get the evidence you need and fight it if you feel it is wrong

4 weeks since selection and still no sign of the sickle cell blood test booking, anyone waiting/had any luck with a booking? Fairly certain judging by a few posts that I’m in for a long delay...

Hello,

During the past month. i applied to join the British Army "Again", During 2016 i was successful during the interview,
although i wasn't ready and i needed more time to build up my communication skills and confidence skills, although i had
Asthma when i was around 2 years of age, and since then i hadn't had it.I also have Mild Autism, and in the message i got back from them was;
" Unfortunately, your answers show that you are not able to join the Army on medical grounds. You have told us that you have - or have had in the past
- one or more of the medical conditions that are not compatible with serving in the Army. " i wanted to appeal, but i never received the letter.
Can someone let me know why i got rejected? when i told them about my medical history in the past as i went through the application w/ my mum at that time and i didn't know i had autism.
Going through this with my recently diagnosed asd son, his application has been put on hold because when they requested medical notes his diagnosis wasn't in there, it stated on the letter to appeal this and send info, which I have done. After looking up the medical info they state he can not join. I will fight this all they way, he is mentally fit and the army will be perfect for his asd needs. He is 15 and noticed his asd traits himself, school have never picked up on this .
How did you get on?

4 weeks since selection and still no sign of the sickle cell blood test booking, anyone waiting/had any luck with a booking? Fairly certain judging by a few posts that I’m in for a long delay...
I went to selection in Litchfield on 12th August. I was told I'd get booked in for the sickle cell test in a few weeks and to expect the call. After calls to the recruitment team every other week and just being told I'm on the wait list, I finally got a call back 14th October to book me in for 27th (today).
On the email it said to expect results within a week but based on other people I'm expecting 1 to 3 weeks.Then I'll be booked in to do the fitness tests which will be for about 2 hours back at Litchfield.
I'm not going for a priority role btw

Latest Threads