All medical chat and queries in here. Please don't start a new one for every single medical question.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Would there be any point in keeping an excercise diary to support my application? I'm running 25 miles a week, weightlifting and practicing bjj and boxing.

Some conditions require you to keep an exercise diary. It's not going to hurt to record what you are doing anyway, however IIRC they'll specify how long you need to keep a diary based on the condition you have/had/recorded.
It may halp reduce a referral period.

"I'd have gotten in the SAS if it wasn't for those meddlin' doctors"

If it wasn't for GPs (and interfering mums) the forces would be full of depressed itchy cripples wheezing around camp.
You've not been to a REME Bn, I take it?

Some conditions require you to keep an exercise diary. It's not going to hurt to record what you are doing anyway, however IIRC they'll specify how long you need to keep a diary based on the condition you have/had/recorded.
It may halp reduce a referral period.
Thanks for the info. I wasn't planning on applying until the end of the year so hopefully I should have a good few months of training logged by the time I need it. I've also made an application for a copy of all my medical records. I'll be able to see exactly what has been written and will be able to plan my application accordingly.

So i know this has been asked millions of times here but just wondering if you guys could give me an insight into my unique case.

The fact is that i still do suffer from eczema but the thing is i haven't been to the doctors for it for a good 4 or 5 years so i think i'll get away with it on the application. I'm able to control the condition with moisturising cream (no specific eczema cream required) so it really isn't that bad at all so i'm just wondering is that will i be able to apply my moisturising cream while I'm in the army on a daily basis as without it my skin is going to go very dry and it definitely will bother me.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
So i know this has been asked millions of times here but just wondering if you guys could give me an insight into my unique case.

The fact is that i still do suffer from eczema but the thing is i haven't been to the doctors for it for a good 4 or 5 years so i think i'll get away with it on the application. I'm able to control the condition with moisturising cream (no specific eczema cream required) so it really isn't that bad at all so i'm just wondering is that will i be able to apply my moisturising cream while I'm in the army on a daily basis as without it my skin is going to go very dry and it definitely will bother me.

now read the first post on this thread

Kalu19

Clanker

See bold. All medical issues need to be declared. You're potentially putting yourself and others at risk by not doing so. On deployment, you will not have moisturising cream and if you are rendered useless by pain/discomfort in a warzone, you are a liability to others.

See bold. All medical issues need to be declared. You're potentially putting yourself and others at risk by not doing so. On deployment, you will not have moisturising cream and if you are rendered useless by pain/discomfort in a warzone, you are a liability to others.

It states here that i will be able to take it with me on depmoyment however? Its not the end of the world if i can't apply it for a day but as long as i can every now and then to soothe dry skin which seems like it can easily be done on operations when you return back to HQ or whatever then i'll be completely fine.

I'm wanting to join the signals as a reservist

So I left the army previously due to having anxiety stress related as the first few days of my training my GF Broke up with me, a family member died and also it was my first few days of training

I never went to the doctors for anxiety again but I did in july 2018 when I quit smoking weed and cause i was smoking quite abit and quit it cold turkey I had anxiety, this was mainly due to the fact that it was causing me to have heart palpitations and lack of sleep (as weed withdrawal does) I was given beta-blockers (to stop the palpitations) and diazepam for one month and have never been on medication since

The doctor when getting discharged said she won't diagnose me for anxiety cause I won't get back in, so there's that to add

I've been free of weed since then, but because I've technically had 2 anxiety incidents in the past 5 years do you reckon I won't get in now? It's not like they weren't stress related or caused by other factors

Last edited:

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I'm wanting to join the signals as a reservist

So I left the army previously due to having anxiety stress related as the first few days of my training my GF Broke up with me, a family member died and also it was my first few days of training

I never went to the doctors for anxiety again but I did in july 2018 when I quit smoking weed and cause i was smoking quite abit and quit it cold turkey I had anxiety, this was mainly due to the fact that it was causing me to have heart palpitations and lack of sleep (as weed withdrawal does) I was given beta-blockers (to stop the palpitations) and diazepam for one month and have never been on medication since

The doctor when getting discharged said she won't diagnose me for anxiety cause I won't get back in, so there's that to add

I've been free of weed since then, but because I've technically had 2 anxiety incidents in the past 5 years do you reckon I won't get in now? It's not like they weren't stress related or caused by other factors

Do you think that a life in the military is stress free?

There is a reason why there are restrictions on entry for those who have had anxiety.

You, by your own admission, have had 2 episodes within 5years. You do not meet the criteria for a very obvious reason.

You are highly likely to have such a reaction again in a stressful situation, such as deployment.

Hey guys I just had my phone triage call for the British army and I was graded UNFIT for JSP 950 Part 1 Lft 6-7-7. I’m honestly so confused on what to do next is this a permanent bar of entry or is this for now could I get some help please because this has been a dream of mine forever and now telling me I can’t join for medical reasons is honestly a shock. :(

Hey guys I just had my phone triage call for the British army and I was graded UNFIT for JSP 950 Part 1 Lft 6-7-7. I’m honestly so confused on what to do next is this a permanent bar of entry or is this for now could I get some help please because this has been a dream of mine forever and now telling me I can’t join for medical reasons is honestly a shock. :(
This is some more information:

You disclosed you are prescribed medication for reflux. This is a bar for enlistment.

4E.01

Candidates with a current or past history of oesophageal disease, including, but not limited to ulceration, varices, fistula or achalasia are graded UNFIT.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
This is some more information:

You disclosed you are prescribed medication for reflux. This is a bar for enlistment.

4E.01

Candidates with a current or past history of oesophageal disease, including, but not limited to ulceration, varices, fistula or achalasia are graded UNFIT.

Am not sure why you are confused.

Unfortunately due to a medical condition you do not meet the criteria for service.

Sorry but that's reality.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Am I able to appeal it and like is this a permanent bar to entry that’s what I’m confused about???

An appeal is only to present previously unsubmitted medical evidence.

There is no rebuttal to the fact that you do not meet the entry standards.

Do you think that a life in the military is stress free?

There is a reason why there are restrictions on entry for those who have had anxiety.

You, by your own admission, have had 2 episodes within 5years. You do not meet the criteria for a very obvious reason.

You are highly likely to have such a reaction again in a stressful situation, such as deployment.
I completely understand, but the time i had 'anxiety' in the army wasn't anxiety, the only time i've had anxiety was when I came off weed, I was like 18 i thought I had anxiety but i was never diagnosed and the only reason I thought I was anxious is because none of my family talk about feelings or emotions, so when I was worrying I was like oh I have anxiety and I didn't

Latest Threads