All medical chat and queries in here. Please don't start a new one for every single medical question.

Hello,

So I’m new here and just wanted to ask a question regarding my medical records reaching the army... I started my application about a month ago and I received my medical consent forms and sent them off to my doctor giving the army permission to access my records.... the doctor said they sent it back off in may, we are now in July and the army say they still haven’t received it, the doctors say they didn’t pay the invoice or something like that... so I rang up again today and the doctors said they are gonna send it off again and it should reach the army in a couple of days, my recruiter says it takes 60 days to show up... don’t understand what’s going on to be honest surely it doesn’t take that long for it to reach them? What is it going by? A tortoise?

Bob65

War Hero
the doctor said they sent it back off in may, we are now in July and the army say they still haven’t received it, the doctors say they didn’t pay the invoice or something like that
The normal sequence is, the Army gives you the RGMD form, you give to GP, GP and sends off to Capita, MoD pays GP £60. If the GP was expecting to be paid in advanced they are confused.

The normal sequence is, the Army gives you the RGMD form, you give to GP, GP and sends off to Capita, MoD pays GP £60. If the GP was expecting to be paid in advanced they are confused.
I was on the phone to my GP today and the GP said they didn’t pay the invoice when it was sent to them, I’m confused myself it’s been over a month now I’ve been having problems with this

You might have to give your CSM a call for your CSM to get onto the Accounts team who deal with invoices etc - I experienced a similar delay back in January and this is how mine was resolved. There may also be delay on your GP’s end when payment has been sent from the Army as not all GP surgeries regularly check their statements and sometimes it takes time for their admin team to ‘marry up’ payments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might have to give your CSM a call for your CSM to get onto the Accounts team who deal with invoices etc - I experienced a similar delay back in January and this is how mine was resolved. There may also be delay on your GP’s end when payment has been sent from the Army as not all GP surgeries regularly check their statements and sometimes it takes time for their admin team to ‘marry up’ payments.

My CSM? Don’t you mean my recruiter? I’ve not even been to assessment yet, every time I ring my recruiter she says she hasn’t received it, every time I ring my doctors they say they have sent it... they have sent it again today and say it should reach the army in a couple of days... it’s just all a big confusion because I mentioned it to my recruiter and she said as soon as they receive it the invoice will be paid, but my doctors said they sent it and never received a payment for the invoice? Don’t Understand what’s going on it’s really frustrating

Ask your GP to see if it was sent by tracked or recorded delivery and if it was then get a tracking ID and pass this onto your recruiter/CSM. Luckily mine was sent by signed for delivery - it took the Army 2 months to upload my health records including opticians report that I had to send off to the system. Not 100% sure on the new role of the CSM’s now as their responsibilities have just changed.

Ask your GP to see if it was sent by tracked or recorded delivery and if it was then get a tracking ID and pass this onto your recruiter/CSM. Luckily mine was sent by signed for delivery - it took the Army 2 months to upload my health records including opticians report that I had to send off to the system. Not 100% sure on the new role of the CSM’s now as their responsibilities have just changed.

Thank you for replying and thank you for your advice... I’m gonna take it from you when you said it took 2 months for the system to upload your records... it’s only been a month for me... maybe I’m just being impatient because I want to get started, in the meantime I’m gonna keep following it up while im waiting and trying to stay healthy until my assessment date thank you

Hello, I damaged my front tooth a few years back and it cracked in half and ended up in someones head. Luckly I got it back and had it glued onto the top part that remained where it should be :)

Im hoping to join the Paras soon and was wondering wether or not I should get it capped (crowned) before I go in as I am worried it might come out again during milling and stop my Army training.

Or should I go in with it glued on but not the sterdiest. I just dont want to have to be medicaly discharged because of a broken tooth that I could have goten capped prier to joining.

batts

Crow
Does anyone have a copy of the below please :

MUSCULOSKELETAL PRE-ENTRY ANNEX K

JSP 950 Part 1 Lft 6-7-7 Paragraph 13

JSP 950 Lft 6-7-7 (V1.7 Apr 20)

Needs to get my head around them for an appeal.

Had a pain in my ankle (1 short instance) which I though I had knocked in the gym

Dr Diagnosed me with Gout which went away after a few days without treatment. However application has been rejected for 2 years to be Free of gout which seams ridiculous as never had any pain before or since.

Hello all,

Have sickle cell tests resumed?
I went for my assessment in january and was told to sit tight and wait to be contacts by the medical team and I'm still waiting.
My csm has no idea what's going on so I was wondering if anyone has had one since January.
Does job choices affect when the test will be carried out?

Cheers
I’m in the same position as you are and scrolling through to see if anyone’s has any updates. I was deferred at medical assessment in January too. Can’t seem to find out if any tests were actually done for applicants prior to lockdown or if it has just been held for 5 months? Frustrating as my GP could do the test for me but that is not allowed.

KHBA

Swinger
Hiya. I've read that you must have a bmi between 18 and 28. My bmi is currently at around 17.5, will this affect me joining the army ? Just worrying me a bit as I cant find information on it anywhere..

ap997

Crow
Hi! So I have recently viewed my medical records to familiarise myself with them as preparation, but have noticed a HUGE chunk missing. 2006 to 2014.

I attended the hospital and doctors after having snapped my arm and requiring surgery, not to mention I had my ears pinned back at 13 (as they were big, so technically plastic surgery). I'm not concerned personally that they're missing as in day to day life doesn't affect me but will the army attempt to find these missing records or should I just ask my doctor to add a note to my medical record to say I had these back then to make life easier?

I spoke with my GP and they said documents can go missing time to time and only in severe reasonings would they attempt to look for lost records. Its been 6 years since I transferred to that GP so I would imagine if they ever had these records in the first place and didn't really lose them, it would be on my record by now. My GP before them also said they don't have them.

Would the army be concerned that there is a gap prior to me telling them I had surgery on my arm and my ears pinned back and investigate anyway? Not a concern either way just want to make their job easier to save the hassle and delays!

Hi! So I have recently viewed my medical records to familiarise myself with them as preparation, but have noticed a HUGE chunk missing. 2006 to 2014.

I attended the hospital and doctors after having snapped my arm and requiring surgery, not to mention I had my ears pinned back at 13 (as they were big, so technically plastic surgery). I'm not concerned personally that they're missing as in day to day life doesn't affect me but will the army attempt to find these missing records or should I just ask my doctor to add a note to my medical record to say I had these back then to make life easier?

I spoke with my GP and they said documents can go missing time to time and only in severe reasonings would they attempt to look for lost records. Its been 6 years since I transferred to that GP so I would imagine if they ever had these records in the first place and didn't really lose them, it would be on my record by now. My GP before them also said they don't have them.

Would the army be concerned that there is a gap prior to me telling them I had surgery on my arm and my ears pinned back and investigate anyway? Not a concern either way just want to make their job easier to save the hassle and delays!
The Army will ask your GP for your medical record as part of the application process (depends on soldier vs officer route as to what medical evidence they require). The same happened with mine where my GP had to request documents and any letters from any GP practices where I was previously registered to. Also your current GP may hold paper records of everything (including letters from operations, outpatients etc) where there is a gap in records on the NHS digital system.

ap997

Crow
The Army will ask your GP for your medical record as part of the application process (depends on soldier vs officer route as to what medical evidence they require). The same happened with mine where my GP had to request documents and any letters from any GP practices where I was previously registered to. Also your current GP may hold paper records of everything (including letters from operations, outpatients etc) where there is a gap in records on the NHS digital system.

Thank you for your reply!
Im just concerned as my doctors said everything they have is online & I called my old GP’s and they don’t have any information for me as it was all forwarded to my new GP! Will just be a pain if it causes a delay but I guess I won’t know until I try though - not the end of the world!

estwist

On ROPS
On ROPs
Hiya. I've read that you must have a bmi between 18 and 28. My bmi is currently at around 17.5, will this affect me joining the army ? Just worrying me a bit as I cant find information on it anywhere..
Most definietly, seen a guy sent home over it. Eat something man.

Not sure on your age or circumstances but I’m
6’1 tall and quite slim...if you need to increase weight, I have copied a few bits from my eating programme set by my personal trainer that worked for me over the course of 3 months.

This programme helped increase my weight and in turn my BMI score.

- Protein shakes ideally 3 times per day evenly spread out (one with or between each meal but definitely post-workout)
- 4 to 8 rice cakes per day
- Protein and meats for each meal (protein mass gainer with oats or cereal for breakfast; ham for lunch; fish or another protein/meat source for dinner)
- 100g veggies with both lunch and dinner
- Whenever you have finished exercise eat a banana/muffin/Rice Crispies bowl of cereal

- Other recommended bits: 100g yoghurt; 80g pineapple; almonds and nuts etc

I can send you the eating programme if you want it...it may or may not be relevant for you.

KHBA

Swinger
Not sure on your age or circumstances but I’m
6’1 tall and quite slim...if you need to increase weight, I have copied a few bits from my eating programme set by my personal trainer that worked for me over the course of 3 months.

This programme helped increase my weight and in turn my BMI score.

- Protein shakes ideally 3 times per day evenly spread out (one with or between each meal but definitely post-workout)
- 4 to 8 rice cakes per day
- Protein and meats for each meal (protein mass gainer with oats or cereal for breakfast; ham for lunch; fish or another protein/meat source for dinner)
- 100g veggies with both lunch and dinner
- Whenever you have finished exercise eat a banana/muffin/Rice Crispies bowl of cereal

- Other recommended bits: 100g yoghurt; 80g pineapple; almonds and nuts etc

I can send you the eating programme if you want it...it may or may not be relevant for you.

Hiya mate, appreciate the reply. That's a lot of help for me I'm also 6'1 and slim built I'd really appreciate it if you could send me your eating programme that would be a massive help honestly as I'm struggling with making a eating plan atm.. thanks in advance:)

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

KHBA

Swinger
Most definietly, seen a guy sent home over it. Eat something man.
Yeah that's the thing I eat a lot i spend around £70-80 a week on my shopping just for myself I just burn calories quickly especially with how hard I train.. I have worked out I need around 3500-4000 calories with what I burn so I need a good eating plan on top of what I eat which is not cheap! Putting on the extra 6lbs shouldn't be a problem tho but I wanted to double check if it would be an issue.. appreciate the response

estwist

On ROPS
On ROPs
Yeah that's the thing I eat a lot i spend around £70-80 a week on my shopping just for myself I just burn calories quickly especially with how hard I train.. I have worked out I need around 3500-4000 calories with what I burn so I need a good eating plan on top of what I eat which is not cheap! Putting on the extra 6lbs shouldn't be a problem tho but I wanted to double check if it would be an issue.. appreciate the response

They take the BMI super serious man. There could be worse issues, I understand my metabolism was once fast also