All medical chat and queries in here. Please don't start a new one for every single medical question.

You are being mugged off- three minutes on MODNET and I’ve found the address you need. Unfortunately it’s marked for MOD use only- so I shan’t be posting it.

Nonetheless the postal address is there, speak again to the ARC.
Thanks for responding, but I know the postal address because that’s where I’ve sent my appeal, it’s a phone number I am after to speak to someone about where my appeal is in the process.

Dshishod

Swinger
So, all applicants who havent been able to do the run will have to go to Pirbright to have the blood test. They will travel down on Sunday morning, have a blood test...get the result Monday morning..and either do the run, or not, and return home on the Monday.

The plan is that candidates will get called for the blood test in order of priority according to the job they wish to do, and their ideal start date. Candidates who want a job in a shortage area, such as AGC HR Spec, will take priority over RMP or dog handler.

That is the theory at least. In reality it is a shambles and Capita and the Army are literally making it up as they go along. As of Monday this week there were NO planned dates for blood tests for Standard Entry males.

There are candidates up and down the country who cannot progress forward.

In their defence the MOD (ie Capita and the Army), were told that the Assessment Centres would be shut down if anyone else came to harm as a result of the sickle cell issue, so they are being ultra cautious.

You may have a long wait.....
Had this at selection and as my grandparents were Indian (making me 1/4 Indian or 2nd generation). Could do everything but the run. I understand the caution and it is what it is. I’m just a bit confused why, when ethnicity/origin is given on the application, candidates are not informed. This has resulted in me losing 3 days pay. Others may be in worse situations. I accept the situation with annoyance but will just have to wait, I guess. In the meantime I’m going to take the positive that I can work more on my run time & beast it, when I eventually do come to do it

Thanks for responding, but I know the postal address because that’s where I’ve sent my appeal, it’s a phone number I am after to speak to someone about where my appeal is in the process.
It used to be the case that they don't give out that number cos if they did they'd never actually get any work done causing even more phone calls creating an even bigger backlog. The team dealing with it all is quite small and overworked

It used to be the case that they don't give out that number cos if they did they'd never actually get any work done causing even more phone calls creating an even bigger backlog. The team dealing with it all is quite small and overworked
Thanks for responding to my message, but how will I know if they are working on it at all or if it has got lost maybe?? How long is it usually before people hear anything back from them??

Thanks for responding to my message, but how will I know if they are working on it at all or if it has got lost maybe?? How long is it usually before people hear anything back from them??
Pass

Bobby_Bert

Old-Salt
Just wait out. Your entire application won’t just sit dormant forever. If you sent the appeal to the correct address then you’ve done your bit. You absolutely cannot have a phone number. As said above- the office would be inundated with calls, it simply is not practical.

The wait these days can take months I understand, however, this does fluctuate dependant on the number of appeals through etc.
Try not to be impatient. There are so many appeals for them to get through, as well as for each individual AFCO to sort out and send and unfortunately it is just one of those things that need a little patience from you.

As soon as the appeal decision is made there will be a letter sent to you explaining the reasoning/ advancement in process. They do not send letters to confirm receipt of your appeal. This would be too time & cost intensive.

Ozzy00

Clanker
Honestly Mate.
Expect to wait at least a month
Slightly different but when I sent of my appeal it took a while for them to come back with an answer
Regards
Ozzy

danielwayne

Swinger
Had my medical a couple of days ago and passed all the elements as expected. But due to me ticking a box in my family questionnaire that my father is of mixed blood my application has been deferred. I was given a letter which basically tells me to wait and they will contact me......how long......no one knows. i am very disappointed as there is no sickle cell history anywhere in my family and no one carries the trait yet I cannot proceed. Letter also says you cannot have your own blood test you have to wait for the army. I feel I may have to move on with my dream as I cannot wait if I am unsure realistically how long this will be.
anyoneelse got any updates, thoughts, rumours at all??? Thanks
Hi.

My Candidate Support Manager just sent me an email in which he says that all they are waiting for is a confirmation of the dates (better than last time when nothing had been initiated). No specific date was provided, though.

In process of appealing myself and had a tonne of questions until I went through prior posts and pretty much found all the answers there. Thank you to all who’s contributed to this thread.

Someone referenced JSP 950 2019 but I can only find 2018 version. Does anyone have a link to the current one please?

Hello

Just been to Lichfield and got sent home due to an inflAmed eardrum that looked like it may burst (but it hasnt). I had s bad cold and cough the week before going and was in too minds whether to go or not.
Any idea how quick I can go back and try again? I've got a form for gp to sign presumably saying I'm fit and well when ear drum is better. I'm doing junior entry hoping to go to harrogate

Hello

Just been to Lichfield and got sent home due to an inflAmed eardrum that looked like it may burst (but it hasnt). I had s bad cold and cough the week before going and was in too minds whether to go or not.
Any idea how quick I can go back and try again? I've got a form for gp to sign presumably saying I'm fit and well when ear drum is better. I'm doing junior entry hoping to go to harrogate

I would book an appointment with your doctor ASAP so they can look and recommend what treatment is needed if any, then ask them to re-book you back in when they think it will be all clear so at least a doctor has looked at your eardrum and said yes its all fine now before you go back to assessment. I'm guessing you was sent home straight from the medical and not allowed to do any fitness? Did they not give you any instructions to follow now and let the NRC now whats happening?

apologies for re posting this, just in case someone who's heard or had something similar missed my original post

Hi, first post so not sure if it should be here or in selection. So i'm rejoining and have my medical in a few weeks but after having nose bleeds when i had the flu a few weeks ago i was sent for an MRI scan on my head because at the same time i was having pain at the back of my head. Results have come back saying i have a cyst on the back of my brain and while the doctor says the radiographers report which iv'e got a copy of says its of no clinical significance my GP has asked for a neurologist appointment so they can make the final decision. My worry is now that at selection on the medical they are just going to send me home. I realise every doctor is different and although my doctor thinks its fine and wont cause any issues i understand the army's stance may be completely different. My doc reckons i was born with this cyst but i understand i cant really say well iv'e served with it before but then there was no need for an MRI before so would never know. I suppose my question is shall i let them know know and risk them saying do one without seeing me or attend selection with everything my doctor has provided me with and see how it goes.

Apologies for the long post

amnesia

Old-Salt
Had this at selection and as my grandparents were Indian (making me 1/4 Indian or 2nd generation). Could do everything but the run. I understand the caution and it is what it is. I’m just a bit confused why, when ethnicity/origin is given on the application, candidates are not informed. This has resulted in me losing 3 days pay. Others may be in worse situations. I accept the situation with annoyance but will just have to wait, I guess. In the meantime I’m going to take the positive that I can work more on my run time & beast it, when I eventually do come to do it
All you can do is wait unfortunately.

Every candidate currently going through the process who has foreign heritage is currently being deferred, pending a blood test.

Pirbright are running blood tests & runs every couple of weeks, but frankly the current process is a shambles.

Lots of people are waiting.
Nobody (even with Army recruiting) knows whats going on or how long candidates are going to have to wait.
Its frankly a mess and RG are making it up as they go along.

On a positive note, the rules are there to protect candidates, and RG have been forced onto taking this drastic action by external legal processes.

I would book an appointment with your doctor ASAP so they can look and recommend what treatment is needed if any, then ask them to re-book you back in when they think it will be all clear so at least a doctor has looked at your eardrum and said yes its all fine now before you go back to assessment. I'm guessing you was sent home straight from the medical and not allowed to do any fitness? Did they not give you any instructions to follow now and let the NRC now whats happening?

Thanks, yes I'm going back to the gp next week to get it checked again and confirmed that it's all ok. I went and got some antibiotics yesterday for it. They didn't tell me anything at all, but I've managed to find it in the JSP which says as soon as the ear is healed

Thanks, yes I'm going back to the gp next week to get it checked again and confirmed that it's all ok. I went and got some antibiotics yesterday for it. They didn't tell me anything at all, but I've managed to find it in the JSP which says as soon as the ear is healed

Happy days, thankfully its something minor for you and likely to be fine on your next medical. I'm guessing they completed the rest of your medical and not just sent you home straight away? Not sure whether it will really affect anything but try and keep your ear covered up for a few days when out in the cold might help it heal a bit quicker.

Hi there, does anyone have any contact information for OCCMED please?? I am a re-joiner and sent my appeal to them a few weeks ago, but other than the fact that I sent it via Special Delivery which was obviously signed for upon receipt, I do not know where about’s it is in the process. The ARC have said it’s no longer in their hands and they don’t have any way of contacting them either, but that they should have sent a letter out to me, but I haven’t heard a thing, so I don’t even know if it’s where it should be or even if it’s been lost. Hope you can help.
I'm currently waiting on a apeal decision, there is a back log of appeals as the Drs had 5 week extended Christmas leave, the Drs only work 2 days a week so will probably be longer than average. I've been waiting just over 8 weeks so far. Bare with them!

I'm currently waiting on a apeal decision, there is a back log of appeals as the Drs had 5 week extended Christmas leave, the Drs only work 2 days a week so will probably be longer than average. I've been waiting just over 8 weeks so far. Bare with them!
Wow! Thanks for this info. I didn’t know they only worked 2 days per week!
Are you a re-joiner too??

Hi.
I’m looking into applying to join up, read through JSP950 and saw that the rule on shoulder dislocations is 3x and I’d be graded unfit for service. I’ve done my right shoulder twice and recently had surgery to stabilise it, am now back in the gym and have full use of it.
Just wondering if anyone has joined with this kind of previous injury and if it presented any issues in the medical that made joining more difficult?
Thanks for any advice.

Ozzy00

Clanker
Hi.
I’m looking into applying to join up, read through JSP950 and saw that the rule on shoulder dislocations is 3x and I’d be graded unfit for service. I’ve done my right shoulder twice and recently had surgery to stabilise it, am now back in the gym and have full use of it.
Just wondering if anyone has joined with this kind of previous injury and if it presented any issues in the medical that made joining more difficult?
Thanks for any advice.
Hi Mate
DISCLAIMER I AM NOT A DOCTOR OR PART OF THE RECRUITMENT TEAM
Ive had a look thru JSP 950 because I thought it said something about surgical Stabilization and I found this:
SmartSelect_20200215-011644_Drive.jpg

So it would seem as long as its been 12 months since the surgery and you have no limitations or symptoms you should be okay.
However again I could be wrong and I would contact the recruitment team
Wish you the best of luck
Regards
Ozzy

Latest Threads