All medical chat and queries in here. Please don't start a new one for every single medical question.

amnesia

Old-Salt
Had this at selection and as my grandparents were Indian (making me 1/4 Indian or 2nd generation). Could do everything but the run. I understand the caution and it is what it is. I’m just a bit confused why, when ethnicity/origin is given on the application, candidates are not informed. This has resulted in me losing 3 days pay. Others may be in worse situations. I accept the situation with annoyance but will just have to wait, I guess. In the meantime I’m going to take the positive that I can work more on my run time & beast it, when I eventually do come to do it
All you can do is wait unfortunately.

Every candidate currently going through the process who has foreign heritage is currently being deferred, pending a blood test.

Pirbright are running blood tests & runs every couple of weeks, but frankly the current process is a shambles.

Lots of people are waiting.
Nobody (even with Army recruiting) knows whats going on or how long candidates are going to have to wait.
Its frankly a mess and RG are making it up as they go along.

On a positive note, the rules are there to protect candidates, and RG have been forced onto taking this drastic action by external legal processes.

mollyjp1

Swinger
I would book an appointment with your doctor ASAP so they can look and recommend what treatment is needed if any, then ask them to re-book you back in when they think it will be all clear so at least a doctor has looked at your eardrum and said yes its all fine now before you go back to assessment. I'm guessing you was sent home straight from the medical and not allowed to do any fitness? Did they not give you any instructions to follow now and let the NRC now whats happening?

Thanks, yes I'm going back to the gp next week to get it checked again and confirmed that it's all ok. I went and got some antibiotics yesterday for it. They didn't tell me anything at all, but I've managed to find it in the JSP which says as soon as the ear is healed

Thanks, yes I'm going back to the gp next week to get it checked again and confirmed that it's all ok. I went and got some antibiotics yesterday for it. They didn't tell me anything at all, but I've managed to find it in the JSP which says as soon as the ear is healed

Happy days, thankfully its something minor for you and likely to be fine on your next medical. I'm guessing they completed the rest of your medical and not just sent you home straight away? Not sure whether it will really affect anything but try and keep your ear covered up for a few days when out in the cold might help it heal a bit quicker.

Joeyy13

Swinger
Hi there, does anyone have any contact information for OCCMED please?? I am a re-joiner and sent my appeal to them a few weeks ago, but other than the fact that I sent it via Special Delivery which was obviously signed for upon receipt, I do not know where about’s it is in the process. The ARC have said it’s no longer in their hands and they don’t have any way of contacting them either, but that they should have sent a letter out to me, but I haven’t heard a thing, so I don’t even know if it’s where it should be or even if it’s been lost. Hope you can help.
I'm currently waiting on a apeal decision, there is a back log of appeals as the Drs had 5 week extended Christmas leave, the Drs only work 2 days a week so will probably be longer than average. I've been waiting just over 8 weeks so far. Bare with them!

I'm currently waiting on a apeal decision, there is a back log of appeals as the Drs had 5 week extended Christmas leave, the Drs only work 2 days a week so will probably be longer than average. I've been waiting just over 8 weeks so far. Bare with them!
Wow! Thanks for this info. I didn’t know they only worked 2 days per week!
Are you a re-joiner too??

Hi.
I’m looking into applying to join up, read through JSP950 and saw that the rule on shoulder dislocations is 3x and I’d be graded unfit for service. I’ve done my right shoulder twice and recently had surgery to stabilise it, am now back in the gym and have full use of it.
Just wondering if anyone has joined with this kind of previous injury and if it presented any issues in the medical that made joining more difficult?
Thanks for any advice.

Ozzy00

Clanker
Hi.
I’m looking into applying to join up, read through JSP950 and saw that the rule on shoulder dislocations is 3x and I’d be graded unfit for service. I’ve done my right shoulder twice and recently had surgery to stabilise it, am now back in the gym and have full use of it.
Just wondering if anyone has joined with this kind of previous injury and if it presented any issues in the medical that made joining more difficult?
Thanks for any advice.
Hi Mate
DISCLAIMER I AM NOT A DOCTOR OR PART OF THE RECRUITMENT TEAM
Ive had a look thru JSP 950 because I thought it said something about surgical Stabilization and I found this:
SmartSelect_20200215-011644_Drive.jpg

So it would seem as long as its been 12 months since the surgery and you have no limitations or symptoms you should be okay.
However again I could be wrong and I would contact the recruitment team
Wish you the best of luck
Regards
Ozzy

Ozzy00

Clanker
Oh and I forgot to point out you will have to do the apprehension test which could be either with your GP or at Selection but I dont know

Bobby_Bert

Old-Salt
Hi Mate
DISCLAIMER I AM NOT A DOCTOR OR PART OF THE RECRUITMENT TEAM
Ive had a look thru JSP 950 because I thought it said something about surgical Stabilization and I found this:
View attachment 449909
So it would seem as long as its been 12 months since the surgery and you have no limitations or symptoms you should be okay.
However again I could be wrong and I would contact the recruitment team
Wish you the best of luck
Regards
Ozzy
Be aware that you keep quoting an outdated JSP 950 mate. The last update on JSP950 was Aug2019.

Last edited:

Joeyy13

Swinger
Wow! Thanks for this info. I didn’t know they only worked 2 days per week!
Are you a re-joiner too??
No problem, sort of I done 11 weeks of the basic training then I chose to come out due to stuff back home, which I regret. So I'm what they call an "untrained rejoiner". When did you send off your apeal? And if you don't mind me asking which apeal is it? as may be different Drs for a level 2 compared to a 1a and 1b

maped

Crow
Appreciate nobody can give me a concrete answer, but from experience is there any hope at all for any of the forces for an ACL reconstruction nearly 10 years ago?

Levi13

Crow
Hi I’m new to this site , I applied for the army , passed my phone call triage and had my careers interview and then my doctor sent my medical history to the army and they have deemed me unfit due to 2 counts of depression in the past, I have good reasons to why I had depression and can prove why I had depression at the time , will it be worth appeal ?

Ozzy00

Clanker
Hi I’m new to this site , I applied for the army , passed my phone call triage and had my careers interview and then my doctor sent my medical history to the army and they have deemed me unfit due to 2 counts of depression in the past, I have good reasons to why I had depression and can prove why I had depression at the time , will it be worth appeal ?
Hi Mate
DISCLAIMER I AM NOT MEDICALLY TRAINED NOT PART OF THE BRITISH ARMY RECRUITMENT TEAM
Its always worth an appeal however you need Medical Proof about anything you say
However I have had a look on JSP 950 (HOWEVER THIS WAS UPDATED RECENTLY AND I CANNOT ACCESS) But i found this:
SmartSelect_20200217-215725_Drive.jpg

So take from that what you will
Just remember if you do appeal make sure yiu have Clinical Proofm
Regards
Ozzy

Hollz2412

Swinger
Hey everyone so after passing triage and booking my selection the army received my medical records and have denied me on something that I was told in 2017 if I waited 3 years I’d be fine to join. Anyone heard of this before? Is it worth appealing? Also do all the services follow the same medical guidelines or are they different for each of them? Thanks.

DocSavage

Clanker
Appreciate nobody can give me a concrete answer, but from experience is there any hope at all for any of the forces for an ACL reconstruction nearly 10 years ago?
Unfortunately any acl repair no matter when will be considered unfit for service. It is the same for all 3 services, regular and reserve.