All medical chat and queries in here. Please don't start a new one for every single medical question.

The minimum entry requirement for RAC Crewman is CP4.

I cant imagine it would be any higher for someone transferring.
Thanks!

Hi all I posted a few pages back about a hernia, I was passed at assesment and got offered my first job choice. The nurse said I won’t get a date untill they get some past medical history from when I was a baby which is fine. But they also said they need to set up an ecg I think it is (heart monitor) every year on my name but that will be set up for me by the army so if I’m on operation I still have it done, but I just got home with the letters they’ve given me about it all and the ecg one says I haven’t passed? But I’ve got another letter asking for my past medical history saying I have passed... very confused as I have got the certificate, my grade from the interviewer and my first job role. Can anyone help me understand please? They said it will be 2-3weeks untill it’s all set up and they give me a date for basic. Thankyou in advance
(Edit) it’s called an E2 marker

Last edited:
Hi all I posted a few pages back about a hernia, I was passed at assesment and got offered my first job choice. The nurse said I won’t get a date untill they get some past medical history from when I was a baby which is fine. But they also said they need to set up an ecg I think it is (heart monitor) every year on my name but that will be set up for me by the army so if I’m on operation I still have it done, but I just got home with the letters they’ve given me about it all and the ecg one says I haven’t passed? But I’ve got another letter asking for my past medical history saying I have passed... very confused as I have got the certificate, my grade from the interviewer and my first job role. Can anyone help me understand please? They said it will be 2-3weeks untill it’s all set up and they give me a date for basic. Thankyou in advance
(Edit) it’s called an E2 marker
A marker against your medical grading means that a suspected condition has to be kept under review periodically at whichever unit you are posted to. In your case it looks like annually - for the time being. The marker may be permanent or temporary. I suspect yours is temporary and is the result of a minor abnormality observed on the ECG. These things can happen at ECG, I wouldn't worry about it. You have not been rejected or deferred, and have received the appropriate pass paperwork. Relax.

Hi, I’m 16 and have recently been refused on the grounds that in December 2017 I had 18 months of back pain. I’m currently going through the appeal process and they’ve just got my letter today, I later found out the back pain was from minimal scoliosis and I’ve since corrected the problem. My doc has wrote a letter to the army explaining that my scoliosis is only ‘minimal’ and I’m on no meds and haven’t been back for 1 year and 3 months. I’m just wondering if anyone could give me an idea what to expect they’ll say to me. Thanks mitchell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello, I recently applied to join the British Army, after going through my interview, chasing up my application every few days, I have been permantly deferred and need to appeal because of I have a 'history of dermatitis in the hands'. Some years ago the skin started peeling on my hands and this is the only time it has happened, I don't why. I went to pharmacies and walk in centres, no one what I was and in the end, I went to my doctor and even he didn't know what it was but put me on a dermititis cream to try and get rid of it, eventually it worked and never came back, I just want to know what should I put in my appeal, do you think it will work, anyone had any similar cases?
Hi, what was your outcome of your appeal? I’ve just had a rejection letter for having the same thing 8 years ago, I’ve appealed once but that also got rejected. So I’m wondering what my chances are? Thanks

Also bear in mind it could also be a case of whoever is filling in your form at your practice checking a box (history of eczema: y/n), and it not asking for any further context which is getting you binned automatically. They can't tell someone with a single red rash misdiagnosed as an infant from someone who looks like a leper from Ben Hur, so they just play it safe and wait on you appealing with further information.

I heard a staggeringly high amount of appeals are being upheld, but I doubt those stats have been released, at least to the public, so it was probably someone talking out of their backside. Like I said, if you need any help with a cover letter, how to arrange your documents, where to post to, etc., drop me a PM. I have to thank Ninja_Stoker over on the Navy/Marines forum for helping me with mine (I think he has an account here as well).

I remember when I got the portal message declaring me PMU and my heart just sank to the floor, and I felt like that for the next few days. You'll feel much better once you post your letter off. I think appeals are handled by military staff themselves (judging by the address for appeals) and they want you in just as much as you want to join, so you tend to get a much fairer shake from them, but this is all just guesswork and assumptions.
Also bear in mind it could also be a case of whoever is filling in your form at your practice checking a box (history of eczema: y/n), and it not asking for any further context which is getting you binned automatically. They can't tell someone with a single red rash misdiagnosed as an infant from someone who looks like a leper from Ben Hur, so they just play it safe and wait on you appealing with further information.

I heard a staggeringly high amount of appeals are being upheld, but I doubt those stats have been released, at least to the public, so it was probably someone talking out of their backside. Like I said, if you need any help with a cover letter, how to arrange your documents, where to post to, etc., drop me a PM. I have to thank Ninja_Stoker over on the Navy/Marines forum for helping me with mine (I think he has an account here as well).

I remember when I got the portal message declaring me PMU and my heart just sank to the floor, and I felt like that for the next few days. You'll feel much better once you post your letter off. I think appeals are handled by military staff themselves (judging by the address for appeals) and they want you in just as much as you want to join, so you tend to get a much fairer shake from them, but this is all just guesswork and assumptions.[/

I remember when I got the portal message declaring me PMU and my heart just sank to the floor, and I felt like that for the next few days. You'll feel much better once you post your letter off. I think appeals are handled by military staff themselves (judging by the address for appeals) and they want you in just as much as you want to join, so you tend to get a much fairer shake from them, but this is all just guesswork and assumptions.
Hi again, I managed to get a letter from my GP stating that there had never been a definite diagnosis of eczema, however my appeal has now been rejected, I’m thinking maybe I’ve done this all wrong. I’m going to appeal again, Could I drop you a pm? You might be able to help me more. Thanks

Candidates with a recurrent (3 or more episodes) or recent history of AKP, persistent symptoms or signs are normally graded P8L8. this was the reason I was given for rejection yet the three injuries where at least five years apart all football injuries from impact not persistent strain and one injury was on my left and two on my right knee which where ten years apart as I was 10 when I had the first injury and the second occured last summer. None of the injuries needed further treatment beyond the date they where reported I was just caucious over my physical health as I was always interested in a professional sports career and didn't want to have any serious injury lead to a long term injury.

should I appeal this and if so what information should I supply in my appeal as the reasons they've given for rejection are true but I have never had a problem with my knees other than those three times and one of the injuries was pre puberty which seems stupud they look at injuries to lower limbs that arent conditions at that age due the fact youre body isnt the same body when your 20 to when you where 10.

Any feedback on my issue would be much appreciated.

Candidates with a recurrent (3 or more episodes) or recent history of AKP, persistent symptoms or signs are normally graded P8L8.

should I appeal this and if so what information should I supply

Any feedback on my issue would be much appreciated.
It’s the word “normally” there rather than “always” that I assume means that it is appeal-able. Unless in JSP950 things like “normally” (and “rarely”) have some legal meaning that differs from ordinary English. You need to find out what the exception is, which may be in one of the surrounding paragraphs. Then get a doctor to write a note supporting a claim that you are covered by the exception.