Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

yoko.jpg

Ah, the noises of London.....was at an ex-colleagues gaff in Clapham one summer evening in '89...it was becoming 'gentrified' then, the new 'locals' pronounced it Claaahhhhmm...and there was a **** of a noise of honking and hooting from down the street..What's that ? I asked Geese from the Thames ?. Nah came the reply...another ******* yuppie garden party :)

Ha! I was living in Clapham in 1989. The Claaahmm thing came from a Evening Standard article if IIRC, nobody actually referred to it as such.

The original residents could probably put up with a bit of braying as their property prices went up (assuming they weren't 'on the council').
Indeed, the sight of a skip and Clapham Capri (Porsche 924) arriving in the street meant that the indigenous local's dreams of selling up and moving back to the Yard were becoming a reality.

The standard of mugging victim vastly improved too of course.

I could take about 2 seconds of her -luckily even that was drowned out by a Hendrix re-mix that I've got playing in the background courtesy of @Oyibo
Different strategy for me: I imagined it was Hitomi Tanaka doing some of her performance art. Only works if you hide the video of Yukky Oh-no first.

Warning: NSFW...

re Ciggie’s earlier about odd Worthy Oriental Gentlemens’ customs ...

Aaah, yes, Khartoum (all of Sudan, ecksh’lly) ... early 2005, arrived for a coupla days ‘orientation’ en-route to a contract task for “a large Organisation” overseeing/coordinating vessel unloading and cargo deployment into the west of the country, based at Port Sudan. After a biiig day dealing with the “large Organisition” version of bureacracy my colleague and I repaired to the bar of our hotel, the Hilton, and ordered two of their finest cold ales ... having attempted to slake our thirst, we politely enquired as to the interesting flavour and marked lack of excitement in our cold ales compared to that evident in the other denizens of the bar? Wet cardboard would have been more exciting ... but the locals were getting a buzz merely from the word “ale/beer”, the lack of alcohol within which liquid notwithstanding!
The lack of alcohol in their lives may explain a lot of their idiosyncracies ... during a later contract based at El-Fashir one of my major tasks was coordinating suitable quality liquid libations for our evening “O Groups” back at our accom. I was fortunate in that endeavour due the nature of my taskings, in that I had some considerable responsibility for the aviation tasking and resupply of inbound “fresh” from Nairobi ... especially after the afternoon weather event ...View attachment 516451View attachment 516452View attachment 516453View attachment 516454
I've sat around in very similar circumstances/UN boxes in South Sudan. Oxfam supplied the booze though.

I've sat around in very similar circumstances/UN boxes in South Sudan. Oxfam supplied the booze though.
And there you have the difference that independence makes, thankfully. South Sudan is also quite “ethnically and physiologically” different than the rest, and thus didn’t have the disfavoured approach to alcohol that we were forced to endure, occasioned by the then Govt’s insistance that the Mission complement be predominantly followers of Allan ... but, we managed.

I got really annoyed with her screeching but if you insist...

I saw a video of her singing with the beatles when she had just started with Lennon.

Lennon is there straight faced and the other three have that unmistakable WTF and I wish I was not here expressions on their faces.

I wonder if Japan knows she is their most well known singer?