All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Looks Ok strangely enough.. lots of triangles and the base looks wide enough.. the acid test is "would Fred Dibnah climb it?"

You should see the scaffolds they have in Hong Kong.. Bamboo poles and tie wraps.. but it will stay up in a Typhoon..
Talking about triangles...............
263331550_2380849892051509_5808649931442065333_n.jpg

endure

GCM
When I was a lowly CS, I worked with a few Gurkhas. One of the CSgts used to be first in the office with the Christmas cards, all delivered personally, up to OC. When asked about the seemingly opposite parts of faith and country (he was Buddhist), said CSgt replied that it’s a festival, and therefore it’s all good. And his kids were in the local school nativity.
Thailand is a 99.6% Buddhist country and they celebrate every festival going. Any excuse for a party ;-)

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Looks Ok strangely enough.. lots of triangles and the base looks wide enough.. the acid test is "would Fred Dibnah climb it?"

You should see the scaffolds they have in Hong Kong.. Bamboo poles and tie wraps.. but it will stay up in a Typhoon..
Strangely never made the leap to afghan....
1638567823684.jpeg

263642335_10219412210525448_1198298865084444490_n.jpg

When I was a lowly CS, I worked with a few Gurkhas. One of the CSgts used to be first in the office with the Christmas cards, all delivered personally, up to OC. When asked about the seemingly opposite parts of faith and country (he was Buddhist), said CSgt replied that it’s a festival, and therefore it’s all good. And his kids were in the local school nativity.
" I was a wise man from the East LAST year... AND the year before that! AND the year before that! Can't I be a bloody shepherd this time round, Miss?"

A.N.Other

War Hero
Nice to see the nurse doing it properly.

Actually, she may not have!

She didn't pull back the plunger to check for blood. Blood in the syringe means she's in a blood vessel. What is supposed to be an intramuscular dose becomes in intravenous dose if in a blood vessel.

There is research which suggests that giving a vaccination (which these things aren't, but that's another discussion) via IV can cause issues for the heart and there has been an increase in cardiac issues in the vaccinated groups.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Nice to see the nurse doing it properly.

Actually, she may not have!

She didn't pull back the plunger to check for blood. Blood in the syringe means she's in a blood vessel. What is supposed to be an intramuscular dose becomes in intravenous dose if in a blood vessel.

There is research which suggests that giving a vaccination (which these things aren't, but that's another discussion) via IV can cause issues for the heart and there has been an increase in cardiac issues in the vaccinated groups.

Very good.

Now please provide any evidence that aspiration is a recognised part of the IM injection technique.

A.N.Other

War Hero
Very good.

Now please provide any evidence that aspiration is a recognised part of the IM injection technique.
It's the protocol taught in mountain rescue. Our protocol is based on NHS protocols, which have been taught in MR buy hundreds of nurses and doctors who are MTR members.

Link to artical

Complications of poorly performed IM injection include:
  • Pain – strategies to reduce this are outlined in Box 1;
  • Bleeding;
  • Abscess formation;
  • Cellulitis;
  • Muscle fibrosis;
  • Injuries to nerves and blood vessels (Small, 2004);
  • Inadvertent intravenous (IV) access.
I have practical experience of this.

I was the pincushion for an MR training session on IM injections. The trainee didn't control the syringe and looked away. He hit a blood vessel and the syringe began to fill with blood. If for real, that could have been IV morphine, which would have been bad.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It's the protocol taught in mountain rescue. Our protocol is based on NHS protocols, which have been taught in MR buy hundreds of nurses and doctors who are MTR members.

Link to artical

I have practical experience of this.

I was the pincushion for an MR training session on IM injections. The trainee didn't control the syringe and looked away. He hit a blood vessel and the syringe began to fill with blood. If for real, that could have been IV morphine, which would have been bad.

Did you read your article? Sorry, I mean "artical"
Screenshot_20211204-062747_Samsung Internet.jpg

Where it states that aspiration is only required if sticking a needle in the glute.

And it also states that that site is not recommended.

Screenshot_20211204-062841_Samsung Internet.jpg

Try again.

Latest Threads