All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Religion_motivational (1).jpg

No idea. I don’t fancy blowing my fingers up to find out. Even something like a small banger isn’t something I’d want to fvck about with the powder. I’ve no idea what temperature you’d need to get the powder up to with the lens to ignite it. I’m sure @HE117 or @dingerr would find it child’s play, but I’m still wedded to the idea of “weapons, ammo and crypto, do not fvck about with them”.

I still think it’s cool though. Maybe those little spots of powder in a paper tape, like the kids cap guns, perhaps that would work and be safe(ish). Can you still buy those?

Edited to add: Yes! Cheap as chips too.

So question for the Ammo techs/ATOs -do those have to be percussion-initiated, or can they be initiated with heat?

It’s interesting, but I’m not sure if it would even work.

The filling would be gunpowder, trouble is it’s susceptible to moisture, so loading it much before the desired time would be useless on anything but the hottest and driest days, but if you have one of those the heat will probably cause it to initiate.

I’m not convinced the magnifier will do much, as we know how much of a pain in the arse it is from our schooldays.

The charge will be a couple of grams of GP. You’d get a small burn, but nothing too bad. Worst case is if the model cannon shattered, but that’s pretty low unless you really fück about trying to contain the charge.

If you like it get it, just when loading don’t have the magnifier in place and make sure the cannon isn’t hot. Once loaded get your hands out of the way.

It’s interesting, but I’m not sure if it would even work.

The filling would be gunpowder, trouble is it’s susceptible to moisture, so loading it much before the desired time would be useless on anything but the hottest and driest days, but if you have one of those the heat will probably cause it to initiate.

I’m not convinced the magnifier will do much, as we know how much of a pain in the arse it is from our schooldays.

The charge will be a couple of grams of GP. You’d get a small burn, but nothing too bad. Worst case is if the model cannon shattered, but that’s pretty low unless you really fück about trying to contain the charge.

If you like it get it, just when loading don’t have the magnifier in place and make sure the cannon isn’t hot. Once loaded get your hands out of the way.

Why do cap guns go bang? Is there more than just the powder in the little tabs? Something that makes a spark when hit, like those kids toys where you throw a wrap against the ground and it produces a tiny explosion?

Londo

LE
No idea. I don’t fancy blowing my fingers up to find out. Even something like a small banger isn’t something I’d want to fvck about with the powder. I’ve no idea what temperature you’d need to get the powder up to with the lens to ignite it. I’m sure @HE117 or @dingerr would find it child’s play, but I’m still wedded to the idea of “weapons, ammo and crypto, do not fvck about with them”.

I still think it’s cool though. Maybe those little spots of powder in a paper tape, like the kids cap guns, perhaps that would work and be safe(ish). Can you still buy those?

Edited to add: Yes! Cheap as chips too.

So question for the Ammo techs/ATOs -do those have to be percussion-initiated, or can they be initiated with heat?
As a kid I once had a banger go off while holding it . Lit blue touch paper and bang . For some reason it had an instantaneous fuse . Feck did it hurt although no visible damage .
Fingers were still painful and tingling a couple of days later .

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
A few more easy listening covers from the local charity shop....
1634486152811.png

1634486183717.png

1634486223751.png

1634486260619.png

1634486345070.png

1634486458114.jpeg

Londo

LE
Wonder how much that diverse load of crap cost the local ratepayers ?
The story and the readers comments below did make me laugh though .
My comment hasn't been published :(

"Sturdy ladder that... B&Q?"

Latest Threads