All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Hastings Pier is hosting a festival tonight: #queeronthepier

Starring Dave The Bear – The Big Hairy Growler - The Man. The Fur. The Legend.

dave.jpg

Londo

LE
Like an international Scouse firm nicking cars..

Eh eh.. Claus the Scouse... Waddya reckon on nicking that there heritage status den "

" Fookin sooperb idea our kid... "
Can guarantee that Borat and his big breasted son Vano in that pic are not Scouse born and bred :lol:

Americans
they are funny

’Tis true, cordial/squash is just not a thing on this side of the pond. You can buy it in the British section of those highbrow supermarkets that have such a thing, but it costs the earth, relatively speaking.

However, this does remind me of my old Dad (RIP) when I was but a nipper. Not too far from Birkenhead, as it goes :). Anyway, I must have been about 12 or 13. My Dad had a habit of taking my half-drunk pint glass of orange squash and necking the rest. Well this one day, I was merely in the process of making it. I’d put about a quarter-pint of the cordial into a jug-handled pint glass, but not yet diluted it. In waltzed Roadster Senior, and seized his prize. Down in one. He just looked at me as if to say “You twat”, but we both knew he couldn’t say that in front of Mum. Oddly, that was the last time he did that :)

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
’Tis true, cordial/squash is just not a thing on this side of the pond. You can buy it in the British section of those highbrow supermarkets that have such a thing, but it costs the earth, relatively speaking.

However, this does remind me of my old Dad (RIP) when I was but a nipper. Not too far from Birkenhead, as it goes :). Anyway, I must have been about 12 or 13. My Dad had a habit of taking my half-drunk pint glass of orange squash and necking the rest. Well this one day, I was merely in the process of making it. I’d put about a quarter-pint of the cordial into a jug-handled pint glass, but not yet diluted it. In waltzed Roadster Senior, and seized his prize. Down in one. He just looked at me as if to say “You twat”, but we both knew he couldn’t say that in front of Mum. Oddly, that was the last time he did that :)
thats odd, I suppose given the size of your country its easier to sell ready made drinks
we had some Americans staying with us a few years ago, they heard about the cheese rolling but didnt know how it was done
I told them you have a small roll of cheese and you crawl along rolling it with your nose
first past the post wins
they fell for it
but it made the surprise of the real thing much greater

morsk

LE
thats odd, I suppose given the size of your country its easier to sell ready made drinks
we had some Americans staying with us a few years ago, they heard about the cheese rolling but didnt know how it was done
I told them you have a small roll of cheese and you crawl along rolling it with your nose
first past the post wins
they fell for it
Cheese grater?

Yeah. I know.......

first past the post wins
they fell for it
I'm not so dumb. You lot wing a great big wheel of cheddar cheese into a ravine near the town of Cheddar, from which you seem to derive immense satisfaction. Mad dogs and Englishmen

Published by: Ocean Conservancy, on 21 JULY 2021.

Happy #WhaleWednesday, friends!
1f40b.png
Calling a blue whale “big” is an understatement. They are positively massive. An adult female can grow to 100 feet long—about the length of a Boeing 737. Blue whales can weigh up to 200 tons (400,000 pounds)! That’s 30 times heavier than an African elephant. In fact, just their tongue can weigh as much as an elephant. Blue whales aren’t just the biggest animals alive in the ocean. They’re not just the biggest animals alive in the world. They are the biggest animals that have ever lived (that we know of, at least). Even the largest dinosaur can’t compare—the Argentinosaurus clocked in at about 220,000 pounds.

View attachment 591006

Stunning photo!

Another incredible thing about whales (well sperm whales at least) is the way they sleep.

According to the article, she volunteered to live in Birkenhead for two years as a missionary.
I'm not surprised people are laughing at her.
They used to be quite a common sight on Croydon High Street until a couple of years ago, credit where its due they had balls.

Or stupidity on a colossal scale.

Must have made a change from Salt Lake City, I'm sure their magic lantern shows on returning home would have knocked the average Victorian mission to Africa into a cocked hat.