All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Ciggie

GCM
A sobering thought that, by the time those kids on the beach were in their 50s, they'd seen their country invaded twice, two world wars and then the proverbial iron curtain descend across Europe. Most likely few to none would have lived to see it lifted in 1989 either.
How very true. What I find most saddening about the human trash which are by and large the under 35 population of the world today, talking shite which they have mainly gleaned off the all-pervading media brainkill they gladly allow to suck their minds dry of anything worthwhile, and fantasising they are...well, **** knows what....is that they naively believe that going down to some fancy dress shop and getting some funny clothes will give them a personality. The concept of risking one's life for anything at all, let alone one's country, and as much as I criticise our dear Isles, and live away, I will always gladly give up my life to save a fellow Brit in need of protection and due it, but no faster than I would any good person, of whatever nationality or persuasion. That wouldn't even cross the minds of the young anywhere these days, in respect of their own nationalities. And here we are.....

A sobering thought that, by the time those kids on the beach were in their 50s, they'd seen their country invaded twice, two world wars and then the proverbial iron curtain descend across Europe. Most likely few to none would have lived to see it lifted in 1989 either.
Absolutely.
How many of those kids, playing and splashing about, without a care in the world, and their parents, knowing nothing of the horrors to come, would even have survived the carnage of WW1?

As I keep saying : Politicians are all cnuts. How many centuries will it take for people to realise the truth of a one-line statement and do something ? Never by the judge of the shitehole the world today has become.
I was at the meeting whichever year it was at either Central Office or party conference (bleeeagghhhh, Matron, I need my medication) with lots of senior activists and party members when Bercow, grinning like a tit, sitting next to Norman Tebbitt and the higher party apparatchiks stuck the knife into the Federation of Conservative Students, removing its national executive and bunging him in as Chairman of the succeeding body.
Not to be trusted.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Interesting what you say about blackouts. I never thought about that, but perhaps that was why they were never really used mainstream as a tactical tank-killer or specific target accurate bomber aircraft...simply too much pilot risk. Having said that, Joshua Slocum's post about whacking into them with a Bofors at the 'sweet moment' says volumes about the development of the Warthog.
they had a very complex control unit, the pilot put the aircraft into a dive, and the computer would release the bomb adjust the flaps and stuff and open the throttle and pull back the stick

Londo

LE
pandemic.jpg

The Stuka could make a dive attack vertically or at any other angle that suited the pilot. In the automatic dive sequence, the pilot selected the pullout altitude, looked down through a window in the floor and when the target appeared to be directly below him, he closed the throttle, opened the dive brakes and closed the radiator shutter and extended the bomb crutch, which swung the bomb clear of the propellor arc and pressed the autopilot arm button. The aircraft then dived vertically, never accelerated (which is critically important in dive bombing) and it would release the bombs at about 1500 feet and then automatically pull out. The pilot,after the nose had cleared the horizon,would retract the dive brakes,revert to manual control and climb away. Apart from that, the pilot could also make the dive attack by rolling inverted but that was more "eyeball" than automatic and the pilot could also make a dive attack at 45 degrees and still plant his bombs accurately. Either way, a good pilot could pretty much guarantee a hit,no matter what dive angle he chose.

There is no mention of the this (facelifted) Duster, moving over to the new – much lauded – latest Renault chassis, just adopted by the properly “new” Sandero . . . "the adapted version of the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance’s CMF-B modular architecture, which also underpins the excellent fifth-generation Clio supermini".

The “new” Sandero being "the first Dacia to make use of this platform, which is not only stronger and more rigid than the previous B0 architecture, which dates back to the 1998 Clio 2”.

Should we therefore assume, that this (facelifted) Duster, does actually soldier-on with the original - now VERY OLD - 1998 Clio 2 chassis platform ?!

In which case, there will have to be some complicated pricing re-alignments, to enable prospective customers - with even only a modicum of technical knowledge - to rationalise their purchasing decisions !!

Published by: Felix Page, AUTOCAR magazine, on 22 June 2021.

Dacia Duster gains new look and technology for 2021.

Value SUV gets Sandero-inspired front end and a larger, updated infotainment system.

The Dacia Duster has been lightly restyled to bring it into line with its new Sandero sibling as part of a mid-life facelift.

Dacia’s new Y-shaped headlight designs and a chrome grille mark the new SUV out from the current car, and more efficient LED front indicators have been fitted for the first time.

New aero-optimised 15in and 16in wheels and spoiler designs, in conjunction with new wheel bearings, tyres and the more efficient lights, are said to help cut CO2 emissions by 5.8g/km on the four-wheel-drive Duster.

The lightly revamped interior - designed with input from Dacia customers - receives new materials and a redesigned centre console with a 1.1-litre storage cubby, and an 8.0in touchscreen with smartphone integration has been introduced as standard.

Julien Ferry, programme director for the Duster line-up, told Autocar that keeping the Duster ‘recipe’ is an overarching priority, but subtle changes have arrived to secure its continued appeal: “The feedback we have is very good. What we wanted to improve, however, is to give the car a bit more freshness. We wanted to improve the little things that the customer is sensitive to, like the multimedia system with a wider screen.

“We also wanted to improve ease of use, so we put in a new centre console between the front seats, several USB ports [on certain trims] and we also tried to improve the energetic efficiency by reducing its CO2 and consumption."

1624352057007.png

Elsewhere, the top-rung TCe 150 petrol engine is now mated to a new six-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox - “long awaited”, according to Ferry - and the Bi-Fuel car, more popular in mainland Europe than in the UK, gains a 50%-larger LPG tank.

Orders open this summer, with prices expected to start from around £12,000.

1624352010292.png

Who could possibly have predicted this one?

Yea verily, the mind doth boggle.

Why is it we keep electing and showering public largesse on these dimbulb invertebrate parasites for whom the glaringly obvious comes as a complete surprise? They're too fucking stupid to dig ditches unsupervised.

Ciggie

GCM
Who could possibly have predicted this one?

I have to admit that if I look back on my own childhood, and I speak for millions, I'm sure, I really don't understand all this 'white privelege' stuff. I was born in London, soon moved to Surrey and then aged 4 we moved to Dunfermline, where I had all my schooling until 16 and moved to Wales.

I genuinely did not see a 'coloured' person until an Indian or Pakistani came to the door one day when I must have been 5 or 6 selling ties and my mum kindly bought one for my dad. The next one I saw was a teaching assistant from Kenya who was at our school for a month or so whilst studying education in Edinburgh...lovely bloke. The next one I met was a student at my (second division) public school. Wales was a bit more cosmopolitan thanks to the university in town, but still, hardly any 'native' coloured population.

The only priveleges were in my experience, accorded to the English and the 'upper classes'...prejudice? Against the English and the 'upper classes' !.

Should we therefore assume, that this (facelifted) Duster, does actually soldier-on with the original - now VERY OLD - 1998 Clio 2 chassis platform ?!

In which case, there will have to be some complicated pricing re-alignments, to enable prospective customers - with even only a modicum of technical knowledge - to rationalise their purchasing decisions !!
Don't be daft! Just choose your car the woman's way, what colour is it?