All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY

Located in London ?
Don't think so, the phone number looks like a US exchange. La Jolla is north of San Diego.

Londo

LE
loathing.jpg

I remember the press making a big deal out of that too, quite rightly, I believe, as it signified an end in sight for the war weary civ pop.
In 1986, apart from certain areas of West Belfast, we mainly patrolled in berets.
In 1988, it was virtually helmet order throughout the whole of Belfast, and, with a few exceptions, most of County Down.
As I recall the changeover to routinely wearing helmets coincided, roughly, with the adoption of the Mk VI helmet and the SA80 rifle. I could be way out on that but it's the timeline as I remember it, going from the distinctive soft caps and L1A1s that marked the 1970s and early 80s to the more recent era British Army equipment.

That made Oi laff. Aussie television - you have to admire it. :p :lol:
The shame of it is that the recent generations have accepted misspellings and bastardised grammar as normal, and accordingly, are unable to employ the incredibly rich diversities of our language, literally, like ...

that sheite is the devil`s brew, drives me bonkers when the mrs stirs her tea then uses the same spoon for my coffee, can taste tea on it straight away
You be careful, you can transmit 'tea AIDS' that way.

Last edited:

syrup

LE
87-89 at the very least it was helmet order in L’derry too and in 92-93 when we were back there supporting 3 Royal Anglian.

I always thought that once the Kevlar came in we wore it more in a more utility sort of way.
When we had the old steel helmets we didn't seem to wear them as much and then all off a sudden we were wearing helmets in wagons and out and about.
The tin helmet was always with your large pack and you wore it f the exercise deemed it once you were doing warry stuff
Once we went to the new helmets you paraded in them and wore them all the time.

Not sure if it was part of the drive the forces also took to be more H & S minded also.
One minute you were banging your bare head of stuff and the next you had a helmet welded to your nut

SEI_75387554.jpg

I'd fecking move if I had that swamp donkey living nextdoor to me.
And just think.

She got dressed in her "finery " for the press photo. To quote Frankie Howerd, "Not as common as muck; Muck itself "

Last edited:

Daz

LE
And just think.

She got dressed in her "finery " for the press photo. To quote Franki Howerd, "Not as common as muck; Muck itself "
1618907517505.png

And just think.

She got dressed in her "finery " for the press photo. To quote Franki Howerd, "Not as common as muck; Muck itself "
I think this quote , which I first heard when used by Terry Collier in “ The Likely Lads “ , sums up that sort of slapper … “ She is so stuck up she thinks her backside is a perfume factory “ .

Latest Threads